Ethiopia: The Land of Wonder

I can already tell we're going to lose :sad: We never had a chance with the A.I in charge.

If there was a way I would control the ai myself. I did set the impis to attack cities though so just wait. One or two more updates.

This rebellion went better than the Indian rebellion . Yeha won't be easy to take considering its defended by pikes and that Yeha is on a hill surrounded with stone wall fortifications. I'm guessing you don't have siege weapons because in earlier updates the last siege weapons I remembered were catapults and you never trained any new ones :p . Without siege weapons attacking a fortified city on a hill (where the defense bonuses would accumulate) doesn't sound like a great idea ;) .

Also, there's another plan on my mind after we lose the rebellion.

So,why didn't you use barbarians instead?they will always attack cities no matter what

We do have siege weapons. Two catapults :cool: Also, so should natives.

The city still won't be easy to take. Those impis will be quite annoying.

To mod a unit to attack a city go to World builder, select edit unit, and then scroll down from ai and select unit ai attack city. That worked for me in my rebellion simulations. Though in my case, I playtested both rebel and ruling factions to test out whose strategy was better and which side could win in 7 turns. The rebels lost but only because it took too long to enter India from Tibet.

I don't know if you worldbuildered yourself as Yeha rebels and then moved to attack the cities to see how good or bad our strategy worked :p . In any case the odds were against us I understood from the beginning.

I actually did do that. Maybe the AI is über intelligent and were waiting :p

To mod a unit to attack a city go to World builder, select edit unit, and then scroll down from ai and select unit ai attack city. That worked for me in my rebellion simulations. Though in my case, I playtested both rebel and ruling factions to test out whose strategy was better and which side could win in 7 turns. The rebels lost but only because it took too long to enter India from Tibet.

I don't know if you worldbuildered yourself as Yeha rebels and then moved to attack the cities to see how good or bad our strategy worked :p . In any case the odds were against us I understood from the beginning.

Wait, so my strategy wasn't good?! :cry::cry::cry:

I know but you said the ONLY reason I won was because it took the rebels too long. That implies that my plan would have failed terribly had the rebels not taken so long! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh come on.. its not your fault, the king was a total dick and the provincial leaders hated him. If the Khampas got there before you got there the rebellion would have succeeded. In fact the ideal plan would have been, to brave the guards on the Ganga and keep going west into Varanasi, use the rebel network to fight your way into Indraprasth and then Takshashila, flip the garrison at Takshashila and Indraprasth and then 'sweep the floor' as my comrade would say ;) . instead the rebel leaders decided to go into hiding in Tibet, where it would take them ages to enter India and the heavy snowfall and terrain made it doubly difficult !

Well what's done is done :p . Your plan was better in that you found that the key to winning the battle would be getting the two most powerful janapadas to your side and you did get it done. The odds were stacked against the king but you STILL won !

A Thought-Out Plan: 1215-1220
Food was scarce in some areas of the Ethiopian Empire. Many people were simply not getting the nutrition they needed from only fish. With the rebellion in full swing food was much more expensive and the citizens became hungrier by the day. The Caliph hated to see his people suffering so badly so he sent an emissary to the Sultanate of Austria (as Ethiopians called it). There, the two empires worked out deals to help the starving Ethiopians. The first was simply so that the people of Ethiopia could get more nutrition. The people from Europe gave Ethiopia wheat in exchange for African fish. The deal was tremendous, but that was not the last deal. They also had another trade to make. Yazmin's son and successor, Nasr, offered the people of Ethiopia pigs. The Muslims in the fair Empire had no use for it but many of the hungry people were Christians anyways so it would be useful to them. In return the Austrians required a much needed resource, incense to burn at the mosques.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

With all of the new trades, Nasr came to like Ethiopia a lot. After the trade deals were made, Austrian men came over to talk about the usefulness of a vassalage society. They tried to sell it as best as they could but the Caliph was simply not interested. He unfortunately had to turn the Austrians down and this mildly upset the Sultanate.
Spoiler :

The Christian rebels still had camp set up on the only route to the capital. They were hoping to cut them off entirely and force them to have to become self-sufficient enough where they would break away. As several of the soldiers tasked with defending Gondar said "They were just standing there, menacingly!"
Spoiler :

The rebels outside of Meroe also seemed to be waiting for the right time to strike. They would wait until the defenders of Meroe were lured out, then strike the city swiftly and decisively. There plan was flawless, except that it was a bunch of peasants and very few actual soldiers in this group. It was as if a camel was trying to teach a dog how to be a cat. It would be immensely difficult.
Spoiler :

Matthias was a wonderful general. While at the base camp just outside of Yeha, he figured out a way to take out the pikemen, or at least weaken them, with the large and expensive siege equipment. His proposal was to use them against the defenders and while at first his advisers were adamantly against it, it was a better decision to do this that to throw their troops at the city and lose over and over again. They finally agreed and the general moved on with his plans. He knew there would be losses, and they were actually much milder than expected. Out of the two catapult divisions, one came back alive, although damaged. Matthias was heralded as a genius for this move, it would also make the attack much easier.
Spoiler :

The man who was just under Matthias had been promoted due to the success of the mission. Matthias was furious that his underling was receiving all the credit until he received a royal letter proclaiming great news. Once he returned to the capital, he would become Mishir, the field marshal for the Ethiopian Army. His second-in-command would take charge of his force. Matthias was overjoyed with this, but first he had a job to do, and he had to do it right.
Spoiler :

Also, guys, I have a great idea for when the rebellion is over. You will love it :D

No, it involves you guys :p It is completely original (I think) :D

Well I can see how I am clearly (not) loved as no one asked where I was. :mad:

You have to be gone for at least 48 hours for the public to take notice. I was gone for 15 hours and no one noticed, and I run stories around here :p

Yeah but, unless I'm at school, I'm always here in case you hadn't noticed. Being gone for a day is quite rare for me. It doesn't matter anyways, I wasn't being serious when I made that post. I'm not literally angry.

Top Bottom