• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Eu3

Bronx Warlord

Squad Leader
Ok who plays this simply badass game?

Love it or hate it? Let's hear it!

Me, I love it with the MMG mod. Simply an awesome gaming experance on many levels and a lot more detailed than civ, yet very diffrent.

It's pretty boring. I just let it run and read something.

btw wrong forum

Love it, I have just unified Germany and I'm colonizing Africa.

I've been conquered four times and I love it.

Will it run on laptops? I tried to install it as my first game on my newly bought laptop with the most up to date specs and memory space available that Best Buy had and still it tells me that I do not have enough space....

Will it just not work on Laptops?

I will see if I can find the Specs and post them on here.

It didn't work on mine, I needed pixel shader 2.0 or something that I don't have on my laptop.

I was a huge fan of the series and absolutely adored EUII, especially with the AGC-EEP mod. But the third part? Just can't get into. Doesn't help that it runs sluggish (and I've got a decent system). That they've cut out most of the history. I've enjoyed a number of the new concepts they through in, but I don't think he vanilla game has taken advantage of the possibilities enough.

I've been waiting for a comprehensive, historical mod of the AGC variety, but I haven't checked back at the forum in a while (heh, they banned me from half of it) so I'm not sure what's there now. I've heard complaints that Civ4 is graphically too much and I agree with them to an extent. But Civ4 has a mass market audience and is looking for mass market appeal, they simply couldn't release a game that looked a few years out of date.

EU is very much a niche game for a niche market. Most of the audience would have been happy as pie to have a new game that looked like a slightly updated version of EUIII. Noone needed or wanted the 3D crap. Oh well. I still play EUII every so often, but I haven't dusted off 3 in quite a while.

What is the graphics card?

EU3 doesn't (or didn't anyways) work on integrated Intel craphics (I mean, graphics) cards.

So you mean it wont work on laptops?

It runs fine on my laptop, but I have a non-integrated graphics card (it should work for any non-integrated card made in the past few years). It works for some people with an integrated cards and doesn't work for others, but the best bet is to try out the demo - if that works, you'll be able to run regular EU3 (and the demo is quite a bit slower than the actual game now, with all the streamlining that's been done). Civ 4 might even give you some indication, since some of those Intel cards that have issues with EU3 have also had issues with Civ 4 and several other games.

I already have the game, I bought it for my home computer, but it recently crashed on me and I got rid of it and brought a laptop instead. Though now most of my games work better on this than the other computer but EU3 is the only game that refuses to work on my laptop, that and Rome TW, but the latter has a dirty disc and I am getting it cleaned.

But thanks for the input, I have a friend in the computer business, I may take the laptop to him and see what he can do.

The laptop specs:

Processor Speed: 1.7
Memory RAM: 2.48 MB. (2 GB) Graphic memory is 66 MB.
Graphics: Nividia GeForce Go 6150

Hope something here is wrong and can be replaced or known so I can buy a new laptop with the proper specs.

It is one of the best games I have ever played. :D I love it! I'd reccommend it to anyone who likes long-term strategy games. I kick butt in that game!

Top Bottom