(EUI Users Polls)

Should we have the non-EUI method of choosing a technology?

• Total voters

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Considering removing the EUI version of choosing a technology to open the whole technology tree into vanilla-style

For what purpose?
  • less tech tree crash at late game since your game isn't trying to render the whole tech tree but now like 1-5 technologies for you to see
  • maybe u get to see more icons out of a technology idk we'll have to see how deep this hole goes
  • since you can still look at tech tree but it requires 2 buttons to press now

for reference what vanilla style choosing a tech looks like

Given the long load times for me, anything that reduces crashing is good. However, will this pick list have all available techs to choose, or just the ones on the same tier?

I often bee-line to a specific tech, and it should not be confusing to late night me. Knowing I'm only a button push away is good, but only if I don't have to hit two buttons each time for needed context.

Last edited:
The techs each tech leads to are also important for determining which tech to research right now. Tech tree shows all of that at a glance, but this menu doesn't.

No, considering how divided it is. I rather not do some work on it. People in the late game will have to just switch to strategic mode when choosing their technology if their game crashes.

I see no problem with this as long as the full tech tree can be viewed if desired.

My game never crashes, am I just lucky? And I play huge maps. I get that graphical glitch freak out occasionally that forces me to close the game myself. But everything is always fine.

Last edited:
You really shouldn't have a problem if you don't zoom out in normal view. Or play with a large resolution.

I'm not going to vote, despite using EUI, because I genuinely don't care if this is implemented or not. If it helps some folks, cool. I've yet to experience a crash in Vox Populi (mostly,) so this doesn't seem to involve me.

Top Bottom