Eurovision 2010

Well ok I just disagree with the rules ;p

that is your right. run a campaign to get elected head of that organisation, make loads of money and change them according to your liking :)

PS: no idea if that guy is elected, probably not.

Even tho this is a rude post I will respond.
Russia has a large part of its terrority in Asia so by that metric it is more Asian than European. The same could be said of Turkey. In cultural and ethnic terms Turkey is even further away and you could argue that the orthodox Russia is distinct from catholic and protestant Europe. A tiny part of Turkey is in Europe but Its not a European country imo.

Yeah, I guess freakin' Greece is not European either then, great classification!

I got an idea how this show could work! They should invite Japanese and Chinese to vote for us silly Europeans! That way we could avoid the so called "buddy voting"... unless croissants are popular in Japan right now... :hmm:

I got an idea how this show could work! They should invite Japanese and Chinese to vote for us silly Europeans! That way we could avoid the so called "buddy voting"... unless croissants are popular in Japan right now... :hmm:

Political voting is just part of the charm.

It's always fun to see the greek spokesman say: And finally twelve points go to...

It's always fun to see the greek spokesman say: And finally twelve points go to...
Belarus is also always fun :D

I was not paying attention at how Georgia voted ... did they hold a grudge against Russia because of the war?

i don't think they gave russia any points, yet strangely rissia gave them 10

I remember that one of the people I watched Eurovision with, or possibly myself said "I'm sorry we invaded you, but here are some points" when Russia gave them points. :lol:

I remember that one of the people I watched Eurovision with, or possibly myself said "I'm sorry we invaded you, but here are some points" when Russia gave them points. :lol:
I think this phenomenon was in effect towards Greece from all over Europe. I mean, seriously, you can't explain their rank with their song, right? :p

i don't think they gave russia any points, yet strangely rissia gave them 10

Because Russia doesn't have a grudge against Georgia, simple. There is nothing strange about it.
But Georgia aside...

BTW
Many might not realize something about "Eastern block buddy voting". For example Ukraine and Belarus (the closest ones) vote for Russia because they're in close interaction with each other. Aside from the fact that many people have relatives and friends all over the place, they also vote for that :):):):)face Dima Bilan for example, because he's also a big star in their countries. I mean it's like with USA for example: an American pop star is quite known in Canada. And an "actor" or a "singer" or whatever from Canada might live and work in USA, pretty much the same with "Eastern block".

Not to mention that every single Estonian I met (and I repeat that just in case: I met) was no less Russian than one from Moscow would be.

Something I just remembered; Almost every time someone gave points to Russia people were booing. Someone said that it's because no one likes stupid "buddy voting" yet when other buddies "exchanged" points, everyone was perfectly happy. I mean even when the same "Eastern buddies" gave points to each other, but not to Russia, no booing. :hmm: Now why is that? I guess it's ok as long as it's not Russia getting points.
Bunch of hypocrites I say. You can bash me all you want for that, I'm fortified well enough...

The audience was booing russia because their song was realy bad. I mean realy realy bad. Even by ESC-standards. I think it was supposed to be funny with a twist of irony, but alas, nonoe got the joke.

The audience was booing russia because their song was realy bad. I mean realy realy bad. Even by ESC-standards. I think it was supposed to be funny with a twist of irony, but alas, nonoe got the joke.

I agree it was bad, hell all the Russians I know hated it. It didn't deserve being booed and there were definitely worse. Not the reason anyhow. Yes it supposed to be with humor, but no one got it as you said, that fella should have gone to Eurovision with his "gitarr" song that got him known on youtube.

The problem is that according to the rules, the ESC songs have to be written at a certain time before the contest, I think it was was maximal one year.

I agree it was bad, hell all the Russians I know hated it. It didn't deserve being booed and there were definitely worse. Not the reason anyhow. Yes it supposed to be with humor, but no one got it as you said, that fella should have gone to Eurovision with his "gitarr" song that got him known on youtube.

i think its because it was bad and got loads of votes, the uk entry was arguably worse but didnt get booed because even our friends who usually vote for us, just didnt, was expecting we would give cyprus quite a few points like 8 or 10 was surprised we didnt

Saw an interesting clip of the winner on YouTube. It was shot for a TV show she was acting in which didn't get broadcast.

It should be noted that she openly admitted she did that, and doesn't feel particularly ashamed for it. Which I think is a very cool reaction.

It's amazing how they are going to change the rules to fit their needs, isn't it? They start discussing changes for 2011 now, just to please their winner? Freaky!

Saw an interesting clip of the winner on YouTube. It was shot for a TV show she was acting in which didn't get broadcast.

Do you have a link?

Don't know if you were watching or not but the way Marty Whelan got more and more sarcastic and outraged as the votes came in was hilarious :)

Back
Top Bottom