Events in Vox Populi

Thank you! I'll need to figure out how to identify iEvent and maybe iChoice as well. Is there any kind of function that does something like "GetiEventValue(stringEventName)", ie returning the database iEvent based on the assigned name of the event?
Code:
if iChoice == GameInfoTypes.PLAYER_EVENT_EXCELLENTOFFICIAL_CHOICE_1 then
end
example

great, thanks again. In the case of CITY_EVENT_FOREST_FIRE, where some choices lead to up to 2 lumber mills being "destroyed" (pillaged), does the pillaging of the lumbermills happen before the GameEvents.CityEventChoiceActivated(iPlayer, iCityID, iChoice) hook is fired, or after?

eg. my initial theorycraft of this idea hopes the pillaging is complete when the hook fires; thus I could just search the city's plots for a pillaged lumbermill, then replace it with the wildfire. But if the mills only get pillaged after the hook is triggered i'll have to find another approach.

Alternatively, would GameEvents.CityEventChoiceEnded(iPlayer, iCityID, iChoice) be triggered in the case of CITY_EVENT_FOREST_FIRE's choices, even though they're instantaneous?

great, thanks again. In the case of CITY_EVENT_FOREST_FIRE, where some choices lead to up to 2 lumber mills being "destroyed" (pillaged), does the pillaging of the lumbermills happen before the GameEvents.CityEventChoiceActivated(iPlayer, iCityID, iChoice) hook is fired, or after?

eg. my initial theorycraft of this idea hopes the pillaging is complete when the hook fires; thus I could just search the city's plots for a pillaged lumbermill, then replace it with the wildfire. But if the mills only get pillaged after the hook is triggered i'll have to find another approach.

Alternatively, would GameEvents.CityEventChoiceEnded(iPlayer, iCityID, iChoice) be triggered in the case of CITY_EVENT_FOREST_FIRE's choices, even though they're instantaneous?
it fires before all the pillage or whatever effect of that event happens so you would need to fire a dummy event to replace them.

it fires before all the pillage or whatever effect of that event happens so you would need to fire a dummy event to replace the
okay, my plan then will be to have the forestfire city event's pillage-choice enable a boolean, in turn allowing a second function that triggers from GameEvents.TileImprovementChanged() to run the next time that hook activates -- am I safe assuming GameEvents.TileImprovementChanged() will be triggered for these event-related pillaging? and that the pillage happens immediately after the event choice (ie no other queue'd improvement changes will intervene)?

And while I believe there are some modmods out there that did its never been integrated into core VP. So the number of events remains pretty low, and so you get the same kinds of events over and over again.
You don't happen to recall which modmods might have added events?
i really like the concept
I do too, especially as a thematic element.
I just wish that there was some randomness built into the system somehow. /shrugs/

You don't happen to recall which modmods might have added events?

Thanks - I did see that above. I thought there might be more.

Top Bottom