Exodus!

hoplitejoe

Top fun-poster
Thread for discussions about finding the holy land on which to found a new IOT chat.

Mibbit / leafchat.

I am totally up with anything if someone else is admin.

It would be good if we could keep ourselves as unfractured as possible.

Perhaps we should start with a vote on if it is chatango or IRC/mibbit?

Probably the best idea.

I vote chatango

And my chat

iotchat.chatango.com

I vote either a website that is like Chatango in almost every way except that you can properly remove asshats like Dio. Failing that, Tani's chat.

On that note, when we do decide the final chat, it would probably be a good idea to remove all public links to it on CFC. Or at least the obvious ones (sigs, this thread).

I should add, before you decide against mibbit, perhaps try an IRC client? I use leaf chat but you can look for your own. From there you need to connect to irc.mibbit.net and #IOT

I support IRC. Which, for those who are unaware, allows you to connect to the same channel via multiple methods (leaf chat and mibbit are the two that have been mentioned here already, but there are plenty of others).

Plus, as it has been hinted at, Chatango fell apart because of bots/an off-site spammer, so... I'd advise not going back to the place where he will attempt to find us again (it is impossible to create a secret chat on Chatango).

I support Mibbit. Its interface is a bit harder to get used to but I think it shows promise. Plus Chatango is too open, it's hard to stay secretive there.

I've registered a chat at this URL.

I support chatango because of avatars, which make people easier to identify at a glance.

Also I like the beep sound.

wait, why are we leaving Son IOT Chatango?

Top Bottom