Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't work, unfortunately. Gonna attach a screen shot and logs, for whatever they might be worth.

Thanks anyhow.

Attachments

• Crap.jpg
    Crap.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Database Text.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Lua Text.txt
    212.3 KB · Views: 49
Didn't work, unfortunately. Gonna attach a screen shot and logs, for whatever they might be worth.

Thanks anyhow.

But non functioning save utilities wouldn't cause a game crash mid game since it would stop the lua files from working to begin with.

File Type: txt Database Text.txt (19.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Lua Text.txt (212.3 KB, 0 views)

How embarrassing, there are typos in my Shang and Kievan Rus' decisions causing an error :p (Though, they're only in checks so they wouldn't actually impact the decision bonus unless you lost your capital). I should fix that. (Also, More Civs needs to start filling out TXT_KEYS :p )

But the lua log doesn't have the line saying load function doesn't exist that happens when SaveUtils isn't working in my mods and I don't see the similar line that shows up if you remove TSL. So, it's possible the crash is not related to the SaveUtils compatibility issue.

Well... poop. This is both good and bad news, I think. I can't seem to figure it out though just based on what I've learned of error checking, but I'm not an expert either. Thanks for the help in any event, and I'll just keep playing around with things.

Well... poop. This is both good and bad news, I think. I can't seem to figure it out though just based on what I've learned of error checking, but I'm not an expert either. Thanks for the help in any event, and I'll just keep playing around with things.

It could still be from an interaction between the two later in the game, but from the lua logs it looks like at least both are loading (which is a step up with my SaveUtils mods as their lua would previously not load at all for me when ExCE was active). Anyway, I'm probably going to update my mods to use a different save utility at some point. I just have a bunch of mods that use the old one and I need to find the time to be able to update them all.

Is it possible that if a scout was a unique scout, that when they upgrade to a Great Scout they can keep what makes them unique? I was playing as the Inca with 3UC and when my Chasqui upgraded it lost its extra movement and other unique attributes (and its unit skin).

Is it possible that if a scout was a unique scout, that when they upgrade to a Great Scout they can keep what makes them unique?

It looks like will indeed happen, but only if the unique features are in a promotion that would keep on upgrade. The Chasqui's extra movement is defined as part of the unit itself, so it'll also lose it if it upgrades to an Explorer, or to an Archer via Ancient Ruins. On the other hand, a Pathfinder should keep the Native Tongue ability in all three cases.

I was wondering about attrition particularly for ocean tiles 15 damage is a massive penalty for early oceanfaring civs is there any way to possibly tune it down a bit?
I really like the attrition mechanic as it requires you to actually think about your units movement so it arrives unscathed but unlike desert and snow there is no way to build a city on an ocean tile so there really no way around it in the early game.

What would be likely to be causing only 2 or 3 tribes to spawn on a huge map? I'm guessing they're getting crowded out by something, but would that be Civs, City States, barbarians,or resources?

Edit: Scratch that. It appears to be my map choices. Neither Perfect World v 5 or the Communitas map based upon it seem to like Tribes very much.

In recent testing to chase down a compatibility issue between one of my mods and the CP/ExCE combo, I was getting these errors:
Database.log:
Code:
[84211.390] no such column: IsDummy
[84212.187] table Buildings has no column named FreeBuildingThisCityCost
Stopwatch.log:
Code:
[84211.390] ,	Update Database - Shared/ExCE_Dummies.sql, 0.018554
[84212.187] ,	Update Database - Components/Exploration/Core/Exploration_ModSupport.sql, 0.046507

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lua.log:
Code:
[84300.296] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Lee\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Exploration/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions.lua:106: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[84300.640] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Lee\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Tribes/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Tribes_Functions.lua:224: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These issues may have already been fixed as I assume they are actually stemming from CP, and the version of CP I was using might be out of date. I thought I'd mention them in case the are still relevant.

V16 of ExCE
CP was ( from the modinfo file.):
Code:
<Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" version="72">
    <Name>(1) Community Patch</Name>
    <Stability>Beta</Stability>
In that version Gazebo hadn't rolled in W.Howard's new "Policy Giving" API events ?

Is there any way this mod could cause the map to be devoid of luxuries? Playing on YNAEMP v24, all strategics and bonuses are fine, but no lux.

EDIT: Never mind, I restarted the game with riche and its fine.

My latest game (as Poland) I am getting these errors and it is stuck not letting me upgrade a scout (but insisting that I do so)

Spoiler :
Code:
[193671.984] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Components/Misc/Lua/JFD_CID_Misc_Functions.lua:27: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.031] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
[193672.046] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Exploration/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions.lua:106: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.187] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Tribes/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Tribes_Functions.lua:224: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.187] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 24)\Components/Misc/Lua/JFD_RTP_Misc_Functions.lua:36: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.359] PlotHelpManager: GameInfo.Improvements[-1] is undefined
[193672.359] PlotHelpManager: GameInfo.Improvements[IMPROVEMENT_JFD_VILLAGE] is undefined
There is one CiD error in the beginning and one RtP near the end,but the majority are ExCE. :(

My latest game (as Poland) I am getting these errors and it is stuck not letting me upgrade a scout (but insisting that I do so)

Spoiler :
Code:
[193671.984] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 44)\Components/Misc/Lua/JFD_CID_Misc_Functions.lua:27: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.031] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
[193672.046] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Exploration/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions.lua:106: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.187] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)\Components/Tribes/Lua/JFD_ExCE_Tribes_Functions.lua:224: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.187] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 24)\Components/Misc/Lua/JFD_RTP_Misc_Functions.lua:36: attempt to call method 'GrantPolicy' (a nil value)
[193672.359] PlotHelpManager: GameInfo.Improvements[-1] is undefined
[193672.359] PlotHelpManager: GameInfo.Improvements[IMPROVEMENT_JFD_VILLAGE] is undefined
There is one CiD error in the beginning and one RtP near the end,but the majority are ExCE. :(

You must be using the latest version of the CP.

I had questions about that. I thought it was v79 that was the Beta, but when I re-downloaded it the other day the Beta was v76? Did that change?

nvm, found my errors. :p

I have a lot of great recon units (adventurers, explorers) and I can't seem to be able to annex a tribe. That bugger covers the area with 8 aluminum and 7 coal. What can I do in such case?

I have a lot of great recon units (adventurers, explorers) and I can't seem to be able to annex a tribe. That bugger covers the area with 8 aluminum and 7 coal. What can I do in such case?

Heal up to full health?

Heal up to full health?

Do you assume that the button is missing due to too many visible actions? It doesn't look like it, I do have a lot of buttons, and Delete the Unit button has moved to the line 2.

I am playing with the latest version of Community Balance Patch + Events and Decisions.

If nobody has an idea what could be causing that, I will test with this mode alone and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom