Extra unit cost of pacifism?

carn

Warlord
I had a game(1 difficulty above noble) where i had org. rel. , since i was not at war and buildings where produced in nearly all cities.

I had about 12 cities, in every city 1 unit to combat unhappiness due to no defense and about 5 additional units at a chokepoint city, that seperated me from 3 other civs, so about 18 military units.

I got philosophy and as i still needed to build 3 holy shrines(got lot of religions, i think 5-6 in the end), i decided to give pacifism a try. In the civic screen it stated, that my current civic upkeep cost with OR is 33 and that it would go down to 18 with pacifism, so my entire cost should stay nearly the same as i had 16-18 military units.
Strangely my surplus was after end of anarchy about 14 higher than before and i could not find anywhere a reference to the additional cost of military.

So, which units have an increased upkeep in pacifism?
I thought all military, independant where they are and whether are below the free limit for normal unit upkeep.

I cannot test at the moment, as my comp is in repair.:mad:

Thanks for help,
Carn

Edit: I also had 2 triremes guarding both cost near the choke point, so my income should have declined slightly when changing to pacifism.

I've never used pacifism but my guess is that you didn't exceed the free units limit and that pacifism only increase the cost for units you allready pay for.

Top Bottom