about favor: normally it increases free xp gain per turn;
Eilodon do not have free xp gain per turn... so while they might get the promotions, they don't get any benefit.
I think that for the xp gain per turn to work, the unit needs "divine" promotion ... (or channeling 1/2/3) .. in any cases, eidolon don't have these promotions.. so don't get free xp gain per turn.

Ah, they weren't upgraded from Ritualists (which I usually do).

Whenever an Illian completes the ritual and creates Auric Ascended, the most powerful civilization that isn't them will get the Godslayer via an event. A unit bearing the Godslayer can permanently kill Auric just by being in combat against him, even if it would lose. This happens in normal games too (you will notice it when you try to attack an stack with Auric and you suddenly have very small chances of winning), so be careful while moving Auric around :)

Last night I slew Auric with the Godslayer. Finding it was another matter. Had to go into military tab to find it on the map. For some reason Auric went to my lands, solo, instead of staying with his army and taking cities! Not a very smart tactic. I even helped him create peace with most other civs to have a fighting chance. His civ stats remained after his death. They only had 1 ice mana. His total was 70 (before AC 80).

I still disagree with the general opinion of Luchuirp being weak, specially in smaller maps in which their stack speed is not that important. The Luchuirp AI will cast its spell ASAP in order to get an early Great Engineer and to get a production boost in its capital. Having this bonus in the early game gives them a significant edge.

I haven't noticed any boost from the hammers, except for attack strength. I gotta look closer. I'm playing them right now, and was able to double their world spell back to back with the ritual. The golems are very slow. I'm finding diseased corpses to be a better option with increased movement (plus tower of necromancy and sheut). Bestow blessing also doesn't work on golems, so their strength is limited. It's nice to have them around for civ defenses though. I'm preparing an assault on Flauros with my quicker troops. I'm waiting for the ritual that destroys all demons and undead to be cast, before amassing diseased corpses. I play on big maps without any chokepoints, and Luichurp as an AI are always crushed.

Although it is true that Acheron is spawning less frequently than before (I still have to look into ways of solving this issue), Orthus should appear normally unless you are playing in a map that gets crowded very early or you have disabled its game option.

This game Orthus did appear, but still no Acheron or any other barbarian spawns.

Braeden is the only leader intended to be somewhat weak, but I could change that and give him proper traits. Favored is not an effect but a promotion, which is granted to all divine units. It may be possible that it is being granted only when the unit is built and not when it is being upgraded, and therefore if you upgraded your Eidolons from Melee units they wouldn't get the Favored promotion. I'm not sure if not having Favored on upgrade is intended or not.

Most barb leaders (except for Kane and Jonas) seem compromised as a result of the barb benefit, but buff them if you want (I don't mind!). I think Spiritual for Illians is not as strong as for other civs.

The mapscript should not be a problem. In order to create Puppet states, you need to research Feudalism first. This technology was stated incorrectly in the Features page of the wiki, and it will be fixed too in the emm_features.txt file distributed along with ExtraModMod for the next version.

I still have Puppet states turned on (with having Feudalism), and still no Puppet states :confused:

If you believe that you have found something not working as intended in EMM, please report it as a bug in this thread. In this particular case, though, Letum Frigus is working as intended. The FIRST civilization to reach Letum Frigus with a unit will get their special effect. The Illians get the Aggressive trait, while the Amurites get a Golden Age. Other civilizations get nothing, but they still try to visit Letum Frigus anyways (I do the same when I'm playing as non Illian). Civilizations that reach Letum Frigus after the first visit will get nothing. This is how it works in MNAI (and in default FFH2, I think), and I tested this in 0.4.1 before posting and it is working as I described.

I'll consider that. Sometimes I don't know if it a bug. Good to know about Letum Frigus.

I believe, though am not 100% certain, that the freexp tag doesn't exactly correlate to promotions.

Could you show me an screenshot of how it is shown in default? I don't know what I am looking for.

here(i use worldbuilder to creat a lich for showing):

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 100
anyway, lightbringer and devout never got any free xp per turn with the favored promotion (or arcane equivalent) given by spiritual trait; while their upgrades to priests units make it work.
so maybe it is not related to promotion, but it is to something adepts/mages/archmages on one side and "sub-priests"/priests/high priests respectively have .... ^^

regards

I recently got an event after I killed Hyborem and took his Gela. There were a bunch of choices of what to do with it... as Malakim I chose to "purify it in the Mirror of Heaven." When my paladin walked over the Mirror with the Gela, the Infernals declared war on me (they were my vassals) and a bunch of demonic barbarian champions spawned around that area. Gela was converted into a sweet trident with +2 holy and +1 sun affinity (!!). What do the other versions of the event do?

See more events modmod, second post.

Never seems to work for me...as in, nothing ever gets revealed. Will try again and report back.

Whatever is revealed shows up very faintly on the world map in the lower right corner: you'll see some faint squares in other parts of the world, and if you mouse over them you'll see, e.g., the Mirror of Heaven, the Ring of Carcer, etc.

anyway, lightbringer and devout never got any free xp per turn with the favored promotion (or arcane equivalent) given by spiritual trait; while their upgrades to priests units make it work.
so maybe it is not related to promotion, but it is to something adepts/mages/archmages on one side and "sub-priests"/priests/high priests respectively have .... ^^

regards

As I said before, there is a freexp tag which allows units to gain XP, and it's application doesn't always correlate with promotions (which is why devouts, lightbringers and so on still don't gain XP).

Could this mod implement ranged attacks for archers that is available in rise of Erebus and magistermod?

may have been reported already: the random event which spawns a mushroom should not target city tiles since it's no longer beneficial ( you already have 2f and you lose the plains hill bonus )

Also, can the Lanun worldspell be tweaked to not kill units outright like 95% max damage? aside from balance it can kill Brigit which is a bit anticlimatic :D alternatively she could get some cold resist.

In my personal modmod of ffh2 I made it so that no spell could kill a unit and that no unit that had a base strength of 0 (ie fireball) couldn't kill a unit. My way of thinking was that if I couldn't possibly get any xp from beating it then it shouldn't be able to kill me.

Played a game today with a friend after a break of a few months. It was a nice game, but we were somehow wondering where the barbarians have gone. The first barbarian unit we saw was pretty much Orthus and after that, it took a while until two barbarian cities spawned. Barbarian skeletons and lizard men didn't even seem to exist. Acheron also didn't spawn. We played a small lakes map with quick tech and six players total. While it's nice to have a peaceful early game for a change, it also gets a bit boring. Is this intentional that barbarians are delayed until mid game? Or is it possible that the change from Erebus Continent map to Lakes has something to do with it?

I'm sorry about taking so long to answer. The last months have been a bit crazy for me.

Another thing I'd like to point out, in a different game, I had an extremely irritating experience involving the new Balseraph leader that has the Barbarian trait.

Although I can see how that situation could be extremely annoying, I'm happy to hear about this for a completely unrelated reason. Taking barbarian cities with Loki is supposed to be Weevil's unique ace up in the sleeve, and I've never seen the AI use it. With regard to that situation, both Orthus and the Balseraphs were doing what was best for themselves so I guess you just had a lot of bad luck :)

Also, I want to say thank you for all the work you've done on this mod, -especially- the Out of Sync fixes. I only play this game multiplayer with my friends, and rampant Out of Sync was the main reason I stopped playing a few years ago. I was so happy to find More Naval AI, and EMM have stable multiplayer. :D

Thank you for the kind words :)

I play on big maps without any chokepoints, and Luichurp as an AI are always crushed.

That's a very disadvantageous situation for the Luchuirp. Anyways, I was talking about the Luchuirp when being controlled by a human player. The AI does not seem to be able to take advantage of the thousand fireballs tactic.

here(i use worldbuilder to creat a lich for showing):

Thanks! It seems that it was a bug in More Naval AI, as Tholal fixed it recently.

Sorry, doublepost:
Terkhen, I made a fix for the acheron spawning problem by spawning him with python. Would you want to add it to the 0.4 branch?

I must have missed the notification of this post, I'm sorry about not answering :/

Since it seems that 0.4.1 is quite stable, I'd rather include it for 0.5.0 (which I'd like to have ready shortly after MNAI 2.6 is released). I also intend to include a few savegame breaking updates in 0.5.0, and that could include any possible BarbsPlus updates. I was wondering if I should include in 0.5.0 the mising BarbsPlus branches too.

Could this mod implement ranged attacks for archers that is available in rise of Erebus and magistermod?

Not as an independent change, sorry. I fear the effect that it could have in game balance. I'm willing to consider balance proposals that take into account the game as a whole for archers or any other part of the features. You can discuss them at the EMM balance discussion thread.

[to_xp]Gekko;13495766 said:
may have been reported already: the random event which spawns a mushroom should not target city tiles since it's no longer beneficial ( you already have 2f and you lose the plains hill bonus )

I have created a task to fix it in 0.5.0.

[to_xp]Gekko;13495766 said:
Also, can the Lanun worldspell be tweaked to not kill units outright like 95% max damage? aside from balance it can kill Brigit which is a bit anticlimatic :D alternatively she could get some cold resist.

There are many spells that suffer from the same "kill too much" problem. I'd rather have a solution for all of them than continue patching each one. I wonder if they should just have a very low limit, or a higher one...

Played a game today with a friend after a break of a few months. It was a nice game, but we were somehow wondering where the barbarians have gone. The first barbarian unit we saw was pretty much Orthus and after that, it took a while until two barbarian cities spawned. Barbarian skeletons and lizard men didn't even seem to exist. Acheron also didn't spawn. We played a small lakes map with quick tech and six players total. While it's nice to have a peaceful early game for a change, it also gets a bit boring. Is this intentional that barbarians are delayed until mid game? Or is it possible that the change from Erebus Continent map to Lakes has something to do with it?

BarbsPlus, included in ExtraModMod, changes how barbarians are spawned. Acheron not spawning sometimes is a known problem, but with regard to the rest I usually get the opposite report: barbarians appear more frequently and are stronger. That's also my impression when I play the game. I guess that what you experienced was probably caused by having many players spreading very quickly.

Welcome back Terkhen, I hope everything's going well for you. I'm very happy to hear you hope to update EMM shortly after the next MNAI release :)

I was thinking, do the Doviello REALLY need the new civtrait that gives them heal after combat? it's pretty damn strong for a warmongering civ and they're already plenty buffed by EitB. I think I'd prefer to have only one Doviello leader with that trait.

[to_xp]Gekko;13504882 said:
Welcome back Terkhen, I hope everything's going back for you. I'm very happy to hear you hope to update EMM shortly after the next MNAI release :)

I was thinking, do the Doviello REALLY need the new civtrait that gives them heal after combat? it's pretty damn strong for a warmongering civ and they're already plenty buffed by EitB. I think I'd prefer to have only one Doviello leader with that trait.

Thank you!

I don't know what others think, but I still find the Doviello lagging behind other civilizations, even with the Savage trait.

I can tell you that Mahala was one of my favorite leaders in base, just as Rai/Ing, and I absolutely love playing her in EMM--Exp/Rai/Ing/Sav rocks!

Doviello are still not overpowered, the lack of a starting tech hurts them significantly. Almost all civs will usually tech Agriculture/Calendar + Crafting/Mining + Ancient Chants/Mysticism + Exploration as their first 7 techs, and the Doviello are no different, but they just do everything slower regardless of what order they choose. Later bronze, later Agrarianism, later dye/silk/incense, later roads, later God King/Academy, etc.

Dovellio don't need a boost, imo. They're viable in EitB (or at least enough that I'm not even considering any buffs) and I understand they're boosted even further here already. Certainly not something like healing after combat, which is very powerful, especially in SP.

I must have missed the notification of this post, I'm sorry about not answering :/

Since it seems that 0.4.1 is quite stable, I'd rather include it for 0.5.0 (which I'd like to have ready shortly after MNAI 2.6 is released). I also intend to include a few savegame breaking updates in 0.5.0, and that could include any possible BarbsPlus updates. I was wondering if I should include in 0.5.0 the mising BarbsPlus branches too.

No problem. In the end I made a separate 0.4 branch for that fix, but it's also merged into the main branch (forgot to upload it back then, did that now).

I didn't play with barbarian cultures for quite a time now, but I will update it when I have time (not sure when I'll get around doing this, though). The only other thing not included in EMM is the one AI change I made in the wilderness-ai branch. Played a couple of games with it after coding it (but not merged with the latest commit of the main branch), and didn't experience any crashes or odd AI behavior.

I'll merge the AI change into the main branch if you want to include it in 0.5.
Not sure if barb cultures is worth adding yet. It's pretty complex because it manipulates the way UUs work. Simpler (and more vital) features should gain priority in my opinion. But, as I said, I'll update it and will of course provide a build for anyone who likes to have that feature.

No problem. In the end I made a separate 0.4 branch for that fix, but it's also merged into the main branch (forgot to upload it back then, did that now).

Awesome :)

I'll merge the AI change into the main branch if you want to include it in 0.5.

The change looks great. I'll be releasing one or more betas first so all new features can get more testing, so it shouldn't be a problem to include it.

Not sure if barb cultures is worth adding yet. It's pretty complex because it manipulates the way UUs work. Simpler (and more vital) features should gain priority in my opinion. But, as I said, I'll update it and will of course provide a build for anyone who likes to have that feature.

I see; I agree with you then. I order to check which ones of the missing features are more important, should I sort BarbsPlus issue tracker by milestone or by priority?

BarbsPlus, included in ExtraModMod, changes how barbarians are spawned. Acheron not spawning sometimes is a known problem, but with regard to the rest I usually get the opposite report: barbarians appear more frequently and are stronger. That's also my impression when I play the game. I guess that what you experienced was probably caused by having many players spreading very quickly.
It's possible that the player density was too high because I was almost surrounded by opponents. I still had the impression that barbarians could spawn closer to cities before barbs plus. On the other hand, there were nice new barbarian creatures like ogres later in the game. I think I'll try another game soon, maybe it was just a one time incident.

Top Bottom