Fall Further - The Original Thread

That or create a new promotion for one or the other one that implements the "Better Defender Than" value instead of just the "Counter Marksman" value. To my reccolection, nothing in the game actually uses the better defender field to improve chances to guard a stack.

Hey Vehem, I had a quick question I loaded your mod with Fall from heaven II patch e and the wetlands and swamp terrian, were pink and red blobs... I dont know if this is because I have vista, or what. My computer is fine I have been playing fall from heave for about 5 months and I really enjoy it. I just wanted to add more. Did I maybe load your mod in wrong? I was going to try it again tonight, to see if I can get it to work.

That would be awesome though if in your next version you added the explorable lairs and xienwolf's worker mod. All are great ideas! Keep up the good work

Hey Vehem, I had a quick question I loaded your mod with Fall from heaven II patch e and the wetlands and swamp terrian, were pink and red blobs... I dont know if this is because I have vista, or what. My computer is fine I have been playing fall from heave for about 5 months and I really enjoy it. I just wanted to add more. Did I maybe load your mod in wrong? I was going to try it again tonight, to see if I can get it to work.

It sounds as if the Art-files haven't gone into the right place - try installing them again and then check if you have Mods\Fall from Heaven 031\Assets\Art\Resources\Swamp\wheat.nif (along with the other files in that directory.

I know that Vista can have some issues with mods and it's User Account Control (it tries to stop you from installing files in places it thinks you aren't allowed to install things), so the normal "drop the Assets in" method needs to be checked as you do it.

That would be awesome though if in your next version you added the explorable lairs and xienwolf's worker mod. All are great ideas! Keep up the good work

Both already in (though Marnok has just updated his and it's even better now), along with Broader Alignment. I really liked them too :D

So they are added? :goodjob: Not to pry, but when is the plan to release it?;)

I will try that tonight and see if I can get those graphics to work, it reminded me of the Hyborem red blob longbowmen. :lol:
Thanks again

So they are added? :goodjob: Not to pry, but when is the plan to release it?;)

Well the 3rd part stuff was actually much easier to merge in than I thought it would be - I'd expected to spend a good few days working at that.

The Kahdi (the 27th civ) are still a little way off however. Slyvnn and NikNaks have been working on the art side and have produced some very nice units, but the actual mechanics/implementation of the civ hasn't really been started.

I will try that tonight and see if I can get those graphics to work, it reminded me of the Hyborem red blob longbowmen. :lol:
Thanks again

It's pretty much the same issue, the art files aren't where they're supposed to be for some reason. Might be Vista/failed installation related this time though, as no-one else has reported the same problem.

Just for work puprose reposting and uniting all Kadhi material.:

Kadhi

theme: loyal to Oghma Creatures from Oghma plane. The race is dimensional (work like shaeim , only get other types of creatures.), strong knowledge/metamagic plane, total neutrality.
Arcane, Ambitious (still to be designed, it consist Agnostic inside - Kadh cant adopt any religion - any religion is -100 for him as for old Auric) wizard leader, additional multiplier for Diplo different alignment penalty. ("-4 you are good" instead -2, same with evil)

Fav wonder: Great Library Fav civic: Scholarship.
So they are actually Oghma creatures from Oghma FfH heaven, a cities remained on top of peaks, outside of mist. they hate Good and Evil, see them as same, negative destruction force to all what they posses and place they came from.

Starting mana: Metamagic, Mind, Enchantment.
color : royal neon blue (Survayaman color from BTS).

the race is relied upon boosted tech resereach, unique mage units and unique units from Plannar Gates , like:
Gremlins
, Anomalies (illusion units that come with random positive promos and random 1 lvl 1 spell)(reskinned fire elementlas into blue color glows), Psions (hi move combat units with Mind 3, aviable only late in game, and there is very low chance to have them from gate + need hi lvl building,) Djinns .

Race is Agnostic. No Priest units aviable for this race.

UUs:
Follower - mage replacement, start with metamagic 2, mobility promotions added to normal mage promo set
Advisor - archmage replacement, metamagic 1, mobility, shadow 1, sun 1, chaos 1, law 1, mind 1, body 1 promotions added to normal archmage promo set :D upgrade costs increased greatly .

UBs:
Kadhi Plannar Gate
Meditation Halls (Apothecary Persian graphics from BTS, replaces Alcheimist Lab + 4 beakers, +1 Sage GPp)

Worldspell : Time Stop. Stop every single unit in world (Can not move) and makes anarchy for 5 turns for all civs except Kadhi.

Diplo Music:
http://www.louisfoxfire.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?file=rising-dawn&name=Rising Dawn

Kadhi are led by ambitious wizard Kadh ("Followers of Kadh"), that percieve his own interests of power and knowledge, while he is Oghma worshipper so tend to remain neutral side, instead getting AV side. His power and manipulation through summoning and magic of those plannar creatures and thing that Oghma haven was battlefield of gods, is enough for actually Dark Fantasy game to bring them to a scene as side that values knowledge most than all, but , actually untolerable, snobish and somewhat evil towards normal common human beings.

More about Kadh personality - he is silent man, very clever and throughtfull... Outland sight and silence he keeping hiding enormous drive ambition. His hidden agenda is Cosmos. And Power, power of God, that can be compared only to the One. Its not that he want to be a god, he see world as different, endless substance, With endless bodies and forms filling it, while being nothing.
He is egocentric and hardly believe in things he imagine. He lived for long time already, and while knowing he is not immortal of any kind, he still not met his end, and may be he will not, or if yes, in some very strange, unclear and different form as live and not live beings used to end their existence in known planes for him. He lives in never ending mystery, and he feels that he know about existence of some things , than even gods cant imagine existence of those things. He wants to know, to understand those mysteries he live in, but he knows he never will understand all. His motifs and things that drive him are unclear for him, but he knows he need to do that in order to get "deeper into a mystery". He seen things but dont know what are they, and why he see them.
Most of his closest followers not talking ever. Most of communication done by telepathy and fast understanding (best need not know what he meant to say, they understand sometimes things before he even can transfer them his own needs/orders/ideas. He like when people understand much. He is very snobbish and arrogant to those who not respect knowledge. He hate intrigues, sides , nor good , nor evil, but respect power, and knowledge obcourse.
He easy making someone trust him, and even if not, he can force to get his side. Mind control is thing that he does very good, if even possible to find any mortal that can challenge him in mind control skills.
so as he represented check which god arts he actually use - Mammon , mind.
He was influenced by Mammon presence, and while he colpletely in his suggestive undestanding make serve to Oghma, his uncontrolled, not suggestive actions are often have more similarity to one who acts on behalf Mammon. He may be never will be follower of Mammon but he have some part of his presence deep hidden in his soul.
Not greed , but strong ambition, desire for power, mind manipulation and other methods to aquire things he need via use of force , be it physical or mental, of one who urge to solve mysteries layed upon him, and "know" much things possible about his seeings and visions.

Their army mostly gremlins(gnoslings), other metamagic creatures, Followers (UU, human Erebus inhabitants followers, converted to Kadh side by own will to learn or by will of Kadh itself , as he saw potent students , and then obtained them as followers... um.. by changing the way they think..
Simple melee units (not followers types) have some weakness in production cost. The production of some melee units should be increased (Axeman at 110-120 % cost), but have Mental immunity (immune to Domination) and + 30% str with djinn, Illusion, elemental.
He have some close round of his loyal human helpers-bodyguards, but noone know who they are really. (Archmage replacement UU)
Kadhi cities have instant, all-time existing feeling of mystery, uncertainity and undecision. Streets are silen and major conversation that going on Kadhi cities is eye comunication, and telepathy for already enlightened. Tehy are product of some way of evolution that Kadh teach them to pass.

Plannar Gate units:
Gremlin - model need to be done
Djinn - exsist
Anomaly - Some glow, recolored mistform or fire ball / fire elemental into blue fire like it for Djinn.
Planewalker - Semi-visible Lawbringer, recolored
Psion - Very powerfull unit (str5 + 1 affinity per any mana, like djinn) , national , limit = 1 , chance to spawn = 0% after 1 spawned. - mind 3 + sorcery + chan 3 = dominate (if gone Mammon path) no hero that way, but once killed , Psion re-appear again (respawn) soon enough. He is strong caster unit and can learn other magic speheres as Archmage.

while for Oghma pass key building allow to build hero.

Key shrine - At late game (Strenght of Will??) Kadh able to chose between Mammon or Oghma path. Unlocked at same tech, and when 1 shrine done - other one is locked and unaviable for whole game. 2 wonders on 1 slot.

Mammon shrine - -2 health, +1 happy with consumption, +20% income in city , +20% production in city , Merchant S free, Sage +2 GP, chance to spawn Psion with plannar gate in city, + 1 happy in city per mind node owned.

Oghma shrine - +2 happy with scholarship, +50% resereach in city, +4 Culture, Sage + 2 GP, build hero unit by completion - base 4 metamagic affinity 2, lvl 3 caster metamagic + enchantment, + 1 happy per metamagic node owned. + 1 metamagic mana
Balance is ok since they are agnostic and have not heroes early at game.

Main hero released on choosing Oghma path - Kadh himself, that go seek himself through Erebus the Knowledge, leaving his mid-plannar heaven, become vulnerable like other men, persuing unselfish, true Oghma champion, needs, should have some crazy spells. Oghma releases him from his plannar ties and send him to experience life as men again , learn and seek the Truth, while being vulnerable like normal Man, Art sketch for unit aviable in this post.
Leader traits losed if killed.
He get metamagic affinity 2.

One of Kadhi powers - much easier terms to build Tower of Mastery. That mean that Tower of Mastery is victory they can achieve much easier than any other civs...
At strengt of will Kadh get some enlightmenent , that allow him to recognise that he being ruled by 2 powers, recognise those powers , and to choose 1 he will go with . In any case Shrine wonder should be built, one of them (they competetive so only 1 can be built) will enable Mana node rquirement replacement (new mechanics that need to be immplemented) - if he stays with Truth - Oghma - every metamagic node can act as replacement for any single node needed for construction of towers. (mechanics should have METAMAGIC_USED counter - that will show amount of already used metamagic nodes, so if Kadh have 3 metamagic nodes with counter being 2 - only 1 node can be replaced). That mean if Kadh civ lack 5 different nodes for building all 4 towers, with shrine wonder they can just use 5 metamagic nodes.) If way of "Will" is chosen then Creation of Mammoth shrine not enable replacement , but creates 3 raw mana nodes within empire borders on random tiles.

Also may be there should be 2 different techs, that replacing wonders building and lock other one, like "Truth", "The way of Will" ????

Unit Art Linkies:

Gnosling : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6757972&postcount=752
Follower and Advisor : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6758910&postcount=756
Paths: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6760845&postcount=764
Axeman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6762933&postcount=780
Immortal and Longbowman: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=175616&d=1209376063
Kadhi Rider (horse scout with sentry and ignoring movement costs) http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=175628&d=1209397178

Thanks for that Slyvnn - it's good to see the early stuff again just to see how the idea has progressed and to remember some parts that I'd forgotten.

Thanks for that Slyvnn - it's good to see the early stuff again just to see how the idea has progressed and to remember some parts that I'd forgotten.

yw :goodjob: :)
i will edit this post all time and add things .

Having Guardman available to Defender-trait civs is a nice idea though. It sorts out the Elohim/Corlindale issue nicely, and would provide a decent boost to the trait in general.

I was discussing this with my dog after dinner and he suggested that such a promotion should have pre-reqs that put it 3 or 4 levels up. He raised a possibility I hadn't considered: The Elohim could use cheap Warriors as "alpos". (His term for "cheap meatshield"). He said that while perhaps rewarding for the Elohim player they "hardly conform with the civilization's gestalt and oppose their foundational Age of Magic zeitgeist." (He's part German shepherd, as you might have guessed and he continually reminds me.)

Anyway, that'd also help distance the Promotion from the Bannor's upon-building Guardsman.

I was discussing this with my dog after dinner and he suggested that such a promotion should have pre-reqs that put it 3 or 4 levels up. He raised a possibility I hadn't considered: The Elohim could use cheap Warriors as "alpos". (His term for "cheap meatshield"). He said that while perhaps rewarding for the Elohim player they "hardly conform with the civilization's gestalt and oppose their foundational Age of Magic zeitgeist." (He's part German shepherd, as you might have guessed and he continually reminds me.)

Anyway, that'd also help distance the Promotion from the Bannor's upon-building Guardsman.

You should probably call Ceasar Milan, you clearly aren't keeping your dog in a calm/submissive state and are being dominated.

4. Mazatl-specific temples can be built correctly again.
playing a game tonight(my 2nd on this modmod) and even though i dl'd the patch and placed it in the right spot I can not build either of the 2 temples. I am on turn 170 and i have everything i need to build either temple and can not. my pantheons are built, the 2 priests are greyed out and no option to build the temples exist. i can build the wyvern thing. Has been fun, i tried the other lizzies out first(through turn 400), my impressions seem to be that both lizzies combined with the map script give them a pretty sizeable early/ mid-game advantage. interested to see if it holds up or not. The other patched features are working fine for me.

He raises a very good point. I tried to follow your example and mentioned the issue to my cat, but her comment was just, "Yeah, whatever. Where's the Tuna?". Maybe I should feed her before attempting to engage in a debate about balance issues in Civilization 4 modification.

==

Throwing a Combat (3?) requirement on there sounds a good plan. It's certainly a useful ability to have on a few units but isn't needed for the low level "Alpos".

playing a game tonight(my 2nd on this modmod) and even though i dl'd the patch and placed it in the right spot I can not build either of the 2 temples. I am on turn 170 and i have everything i need to build either temple and can not. my pantheons are built, the 2 priests are greyed out and no option to build the temples exist. i can build the wyvern thing.

I've just checked and it seems to be working ok.

Did you have Masonry (Kalshekk) or Writing (Omorr)? When I went to check it - I actually forgot the second tech-requirements myself, so this seems feasible (you'd still be able to build the Wyvern Monastary in this case too).

If that's not it - do you still have a save game that I can take a look at?

More about Kadhi units: i just downloaded last version of Varietas Dilectat, awesome graphic mod for BTS, Ottomans units fit very well once have pale skin and royal blue/black/white wear. (need total retexture)
Advisor - awesome as it is now + need staff to be added + tint changed abit to royal blue color.
Follower - i posted 2 textures - we may try to use them with model NikNaks made.

question: how i find or extract those Varietas Dilectat units? if i able unpack them i can make total retexture for many many units like archery units, melee units, mounted units.

question: how i find or extract those Varietas Dilectat units? if i able unpack them i can make total retexture for many many units like archery units, melee units, mounted units.

In the main Civ4 directory is a program named PakBuild. Open that and then look on the PAK menu. There should be an option labelled "Unpack". Then select one of the Varietas .fpk files and give it an export path.

In the main Civ4 directory is a program named PakBuild. Open that and then look on the PAK menu. There should be an option labelled "Unpack". Then select one of the Varietas .fpk files and give it an export path.

i have Pakbuild but it cant open PAK files.... only PAK_layout . :confused:

question: how i find or extract those Varietas Dilectat units?

They're in an 200+ meg FPK file. For my install it's in mod\Assets and the file is "VarietasDelectat_v.3.3.FPK.

You can unpack the file into the individual art files with Firaxis' Pakbuild. Here is the Civfanatics download.

It may not always be obvious which art directory goes with which unit. You can look at UnitInfos.xml to see what ART_DEF_UNIT a unit uses, and the unit art XML file to see exactly what directory that art is in. (The ArtDefines file willl probably be Assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\Unit Art\VD_Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.xml.)

if i able unpack them i can make total retexture for many many units like archery units, melee units, mounted units.

I recommend Buttonmaker 3.0 for the unit buttons. The thread is here.. Scroll down a bit to find the Buttonmaker 3.0 link.

Top Bottom