Faster leader interactions

aaronlk

Chieftain
Is there a way to speed up AI diplomatic interaction screens? For instance, the leader will say their thing - and then it pauses 2-3 seconds before I can hit continue button. This is especially annoying when someone is asking for peace every single turn.

You can press Esc to skip the animation and make it a bit faster. Maybe turning off the animations can help too, but I haven't tried that.

I just mash escape, I think it makes it go a little faster. Ive heard theres a way to turn off animations which is supposed to make them slightly faster I suppose.

See I wouldn't even mind them if diplomacy mattered, but when they pop up they are all the same, like you mean nothing to me.

There is a way to disable animations. Unfortunately, I've forgotten where exactly. It make life much better.

I have animations off. There is still a 2-3 second pause that I'd like to get rid of before you hit the Goodbye button.

Ah, that problem. I agree, I'm not a fan of the whole "fade to black - screen reappears - leader has a different pose - dramatic pause - goodbye" procedure. The "goodbye" option should really be available when the opposing leader is talking.

Not that I'd skip Victoria's speeches. I am very amused.

Does anyone know how to mod this, if there's for example and easy way to do it in an XML file or something ...? I cannot tolerate the constant, deliberately slow to cancel pop-ups.

The fade to black is annoying. It could all have been avoided if they just gave the leaders transitional animations and full animations as they did in Civ V. But alas, they cut that out. They also cut a lot of leaders' voice work in general, though there is still the occasional AI leader shouting "No!" in trade deals.

Top Bottom