Fastest way to reach a Tech victory?

Justin_M17

Chieftain
Okay, so I started a game today in hopes of getting to the Alpha Centauri as fast as possible. I was the Egyptians because of the +1 food in Desert squares bonus. I built three towns in areas that were completely surrounded by desert areas (2 trade, 1 food) and two that were on the coastline with trade squares in the water, I build Libraries and Universities ASAP, and settled every great scientist I got in a different city for the +50% science bonus.

The problem is, I didn't reach a space victory until 2050, Can anyone please enlighten me as to how people are doing this in the 1800s?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specialize your cities. Not all cities need a library and university or a scientist. Have some research focused cities, military focused cities, commerce focused cities, etc.

I'll dig through the forums and look for my post about city specialization; it should help.

Another thing, is conquest will bring you everything you want. If you take out an enemy civilization, you'll have much more room to expand. Multiple cities will always bring in more science, gold and production than just one city, so try to capture/settle as many cities as possible.

Top Bottom