are there any plans for another civ in the balkans? (i.e. Serbia/Yugoslavia or Bulgaria)

No. There's only a dozen or so leader trait combinations left in HR and they're much more likely to be used for civilisations outside of Europe.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapuches

Did some search at Wikipedia, is it valid to add Lautaro as one of two new leaders for a new Civilization, which would be Argentine?

By the way, played this mod until Medieval Age, found that AI is quite aggressive in settling behavior even at lowest difficulty... :)

EDIT: i saw the map from Wikipedia, at location where Mapuche lived. It seems that if Argentine Civilization become added with 2 leaders (Juan Peron and Lautaro) then Mapuche leader Lautaro would have same role as Cunhambebe as Tamoios leader for Brazilian Civilization, which is neighbor country of Argentine.

EDIT2: i saw references from Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition, maybe one of Argentine Unique Unit is Bolas Rider, replacing Skirmisher, and another Argentine Unique Unit is Gaucho, replacing Grenadier, though both UU would require Horses resource in addition to other resources that replaced units already required, but they have 2 movement instead of 1, amoung other bonuses from being mobile Skirmisher and mobile Grenadier.

Last edited:
In case of Bolas Rider (maybe a better name is required), it would have 50% bonus vs melee units and 2 movement instead of 1, but also requiring a Horses resource

In case of Gaucho, it would have 25% chance to withdraw from combat and 2 movement instead of 1, but also requiring a Horses resource in addition to other resources already required for Grenadier

It seems that Argentine Civilization would be dependant on Horses resource, as not only both Unique Units requires it, but also when doesn't has access to Horses resources Argentine may lack a Skirmisher and a Grenadier...

Thinking about one of Unique Buildings being a replacement of Abattoir (need a name for it), it would grant extra food for Cattle, Pig, Sheep and Deer resources and 25% extra gold income

Still need a idea of Argentine Unique National Wonder. Maybe some more search is needed...

And which traits would be good for Lautaro and for Juan Peron? 2 Leaders for Argentine, 1 of which actually comes from Mapuche, as we are mixing both Civilizations into one in same way that Tamoio and Brazilian Civilizations were mixed as Brazilian Civilization.

Should America be in the game as they are just a colony that broke off from England?

I think the American civ could be broadened into an Anglo Saxon/English Commonwealth/American civ. Then the English civ could represent a Norman/Plantagenet/Tudor/Hanover/Windsor civ.

Mostly because many of the claims towards American Independence were predicated on Monarchial skepticism which traced itself back to the previous English civil war in which England briefly became a Republic under Cromwell, even further back with the Magna Carta (which unsurprisingly inspired the parliamentarian roundheads against Charles II in the first place). Also Thomas Paine in his pamphlets frequently questioned the legitimacy of King George III since his blood line could be traced back to William the Conqueror who was a Norman Conqueror and not a native Anglo Saxon king such as Alfred the Great.

So technically you could keep the American civ as a sort of anti-Norman lineage based English civ. The rest of the Anglosphere can be left out since they all currently accept the current bloodline (that is King Charles III) as their legitimate head of state. The United States, the English Commonwealth, and the original Anglo Saxon kingdoms being the only past and present parts of the Anglosphere which reject this premise. You'd just need to add Cromwell as a leader of America as well as transfer Aelfred over and replace him with William the Conqueror for England.

The same with Brazil as they were a colony that broke off from Portugal.

I guess there was more racial integration/diversity (though there was still chattel slavery of Africans) with Brazil whereby the Tupi are incorporated as part of the Brazilian civ (I mean there is conflict between natives and city dwellers in Brazil but it's more like the city dwellers are at least mestizo, that is half-white half-native). Not like the good old racist United States which sort of exterminated it's natives rather than adequately attempt to assimilate them (that is intermarriage to form a significant mestizo population like all the Latin American cultures) or respect them as equal sovereign entities.

I do not think the Byzantines should be a civ under your criteria. The term Byzantine is an anachronism. The "Byzantines" called themselves Romans and the Byzantine Empire was just the surviving eastern half of the Roman Empire. I would add some of the Byzantine leaders to the Romans and get rid of the Italian rulers for the Romans. Maybe add the hippodrome to the Romans.

I'd remove the Byzantines and add all their leaders as Greek leaders since there is not a lot of Greek leaders and modern day Greece was created by attempts to reestablish the eastern empire as many Greeks at the beginning of the 20th century still considered themselves to be Eastern Romans. Romans looked up to Greek culture and vice versa, at some point all the eastern emperors became Greek Speakers.

This would then free up a free civilization slot which I would turn into an Etruscan/Lombard/Italian civ, put the Italian leaders from the Roman civ into that, plus add an Etruscan leader or two, maybe a Lombard. Finally take the Roman civ and add a Pope Leader to represent the Papal States/Vatican and Romulus to represent the Roman Kingdom.

There should be some more Makedonian representation for Hellas (Greece). I would replace the trireme or hoplite with a phalanx or phalangite. Or maybe a separate Makedonian civ.

I'd just leave Macedonia as part of Greece. Even though Alexander wasn't seen by the Greeks contemporaneously as a "True Greek" but a "Macedonian Barbarian" later on he become considered a Greek based on his glorious achievement of conquering the Persians. Later Greeks and Romans throughout the Mediterranean world all started to fetishize him and proclaim him to be some sort of godlike successor to Achilles (young, well accomplished, good looking, and most certainly a Greek for living up to the Homeresque glorification of conquerors so endemic to Greek and Roman culture).

Could add a Minoan leader to Greece though. Then we'd have that, Agamemnon to represent the Mycenaean culture, Leonidas and Pericles to represent classical Greece, Alexander to represent Hellenistic Greece, plus Justinian and Basil to represent medieval Greece. Although you could get rid of Basil and replace him with some modern leader of Greece from the turn of the century (though I think you will find much controversy and division among current day Greeks of who would truly be great enough for that representation) then leave Justinian for the medieval representation.

Great. While moving some Byzantine leaders into Greece and freeing up a Civ slot, haven't you considered another civ at South America, in this case Argentina? Or perhaps another civ at Central America, which i would then mention Cuba or Haino due to islands representability? Or perhaps another civ at North America, which i would then mention Canada?
Many options of new civ at America, choose whatever is more relevant for history.

Great. While moving some Byzantine leaders into Greece and freeing up a Civ slot, haven't you considered another civ at South America, in this case Argentina? Or perhaps another civ at Central America, which i would then mention Cuba or Haino due to islands representability? Or perhaps another civ at North America, which i would then mention Canada?
Many options of new civ at America, choose whatever is more relevant for history.

A Carib/Cuban civ would be nice. Have Aguebayana as a tribal leader, then Fidel Castro as a modern/post colonial one.

Would fusing the Mapuche with Argentinians be appropriate? I heard a news article several years ago of racial conflicts between native Mapuches and surrounding Argentinian ranchers.

I think the problem with Xynth is that he ran out of leader traits and wanted to make each leader in the mod distinct and separate from one another in their abilities. Did he ever consider adding negative traits for leaders as in some other mods to extend leaderhead variety?

Cuban Civilization as following idea...
Leaders: Aguebayana, Fidel Castro, ?
Unique Unit 1: Bucanero (Replaces Privateer, with better stats in homage to Pirates of Caribbean)
Unique Unit 2: Guerillero (Replaces Paratrooper, with better stats that beats Navy SEALs in direct fight somehow)
Unique Building: Charutería (Replaces Hotel, with 1 Happiness bonus to Coffee, Sugar and Tobacco resources and 2 commerce bonus to each National Wonder and 2 commerce bonus to Seguro Medico)
Unique National Wonder: Seguro Medico (Replaces Red Cross, with Golden Age triggered when completed)

P.S.: The ? leader is still unknown

Last edited:
Top Bottom