[FfH II Art Team Blog]

I always prefer getting stuff for models that use placeholders, rather than newer stuff for models that already have unique art.

edit: Orc Paladin huh SeZ?

Yeah, Orc Paladin sounds like it will get very little use :blush:. I am looking forward to seeing the model though. SeZ's work is always top notch.

I didnt put a svartalfar paladin on the art list because i assumed they could share the ljosalfar paladin model. Id rather have a svartalfar beastmaster model.

As I said, it's not that I find the current model lacking (though it is a little strange for female Champions to upgrade into male Paladins, but that's also an issue with Phalanxes and Immortals so it doesn't bother me), it's just I would really to see what seZereth could come up with a unit which has to be dissimilar to the other units.

As I said, it's not that I find the current model lacking (though it is a little strange for female Champions to upgrade into male Paladins, but that's also an issue with Phalanxes and Immortals so it doesn't bother me), it's just I would really to see what seZereth could come up with a unit which has to be dissimilar to the other units.

Yeah, seZ always finds a way to make units that are very cool, unique and still consistent to their civ and to FfH. And he never misses, each unit is a work of art.

along these lines, are there any plans for a new Eidolon model?

The current one is a bit meh. Looks like a retextured roman legionary. The tiny shortsword they carry doesn't look particularly scary or demonic. I think they'd be better off with a large two handed sword, and no shield

I would like to see the Eidolons dual wield weapons. One hand would be a long sword and the other would be a Whip.

(Off Topic Addition) One of my favorite AD&D characters was a dual wielding sword/whip Anti-Paladin (black guard under todays AD&D) who had rolled
Str: 18
Dex: 13
Con: 11
Wis 15
Int: 14
Cha: 17

He started out as a Priest or Helm and fell to Bane at about 5th level, I never got him no higher than dual classed human level 12, 5/7 (Hordes of Helm's finest fell before they took him - well actually he was so strong I got board with him and asked the DM for a final epic battle with the Church of Helm).

Yeah, Orc Paladin sounds like it will get very little use :blush:. I am looking forward to seeing the model though. SeZ's work is always top notch.

Someone has already made an Orc Paladin model not sure who though... Not sure why it hasnt made it in though... (or was that one made by Sez as well?)

Someone has already made an Orc Paladin model not sure how though... Not sure why it hasnt made it in though... (or was that one made by Sez as well?)

The one I made was basically a regular paladin crossed with an Uruk-hai's armor and weapons. I'm sure seZ's will be a lot better. :D

Yeah, seZ always finds a way to make units that are very cool, unique and still consistent to their civ and to FfH. And he never misses, each unit is a work of art.

:blush:
thank you for the kind words, Kael.
And thanks for letting me shape FfH as to what my humble skills allow.

I've tweaked one of seZ' models a little, and I'd like to contribute my modification if he doesn't mind.

Fairly simple. I just gave Donal Lugh the Empty Bier. Literally. His model now holds it on the left arm.

Picture
Spoiler :

It's parented to the left forearm, and seems to move nicely. No animation issues that I'm aware of. I made it as large as seemed feasible, without having it clip through him. Tested ingame and everything works good.

it can be downloaded here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12281

I gave seZereth credit as author, because I don't want to take credit for his wonderful work. I'm not sure who made the Empty Bier model though. I'll edit them in if anyone knows, assuming it wasn't seZ.

Actually I wish Kael would add this one to the game instead, nice ArtArt (kinda like a ModMod) Warkirby!!

thank you :D

I'm thinking of adding a shield to Maros. With his 12 base defense strength, he's pretty much a purely defensive hero, so it kind of seems odd that he only carries a sword.

I've tweaked one of seZ' models a little, and I'd like to contribute my modification if he doesn't mind.

Fairly simple. I just gave Donal Lugh the Empty Bier. Literally. His model now holds it on the left arm.

Picture
Spoiler :

It's parented to the left forearm, and seems to move nicely. No animation issues that I'm aware of. I made it as large as seemed feasible, without having it clip through him. Tested ingame and everything works good.

it can be downloaded here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12281

I gave seZereth credit as author, because I don't want to take credit for his wonderful work. I'm not sure who made the Empty Bier model though. I'll edit them in if anyone knows, assuming it wasn't seZ.

I added it in Warkirby, thanks!

I added it in Warkirby, thanks!

Yaay :)

It's too bad the bier is empty. :(
Anyway, stellar work, Kirby. Awesome. :)

Why is it too bad?
Do you know what a Bier is?
Spoiler :
A bier is the slab you lay a body on. Donal picked one up from the temple of bhall when Braduk fell into hell and used it as a shield. The joke being that he was carrying his own Bier with him into each battle. Eventually he had handles fit onto the back.

Physically its a grey stone rectangular shield about the length of a man (though if that makes animations difficult it should just be as big as possible).

If you opt to add it to the model I could also use a seperate version of just the shield to replace the current shield graphic so it matches.

It not being empty would generally mean donal is dead..

Yaay :)

Why is it too bad?
Do you know what a Bier is?

It not being empty would generally mean donal is dead..

in germany a bier is a beer ;)
so empty bier means, nothing to get hammered ;)

I would like to make a question as to the existence of the rare and/or extince lamia. I started playing with version "fire" I have played through several games as the Kuriotates, and I have never seen one. I have heard stories of the Lamia found in either recon or arcane lines for the Kurios, but have not found hard evidence. Could someone post an ingame or in-art-editor picture of the lamia model? I would like to know what I am missing out on.

I think the Lamia models can be found somewhere in this thread, but they have not been included in the game let because their animations and rigging are not done.

I don't think the Musteval-like recon line has been designed yet, or know if it ever will be considering that Kael isn't into the half-beast theme as much as some of the team.

Hmm, as far as midgets go, I think Baselraphs should get buildable midget immortals that require an alchemy lab. They had to experiment on something .... and they created a midget that can't die. Maybe give it lower base strength and the mutation promo?

also having it wield a hilarious weapon would be, well, hilarious

Edit: I forgot I was on the same thread ^^, but a Baselraph midget sounds quite interesting

And thanks MC, I will continue searching for the Lamia ^^

As to Dwarven cannons, a large metal/stone version of that mortar sounds about right. Flame cannon looks more alchemical and less "dwarvish" maybe a gnome (luichurp) thing, dunno

Top Bottom