-

Game Stats
Map = Erebus Large
Difficulty = Diety
Civilization = Clan of the Embers
Leader = Jonas Endain
Additional Rules = All Unique Features

Overview

Fall From Heaven is a Fantasy mod for the Civilization IV game.

It changes the whole way of playing the game. The world is now filled with elves, dwarves, zombies and, of course, Orcs.

The Age of Ice is over, but don’t worry I won’t be playing as the struggling to survive humans, I’ll be playing as the crazy, hit you over the head and steal your stuff, Orcs.

This is going to be a story about me trying to win on Diety level difficulty. Yes it’s going to be hard. I’ve never tried this level before so I’m going to nudge one or two things more in my favour…

1) I’ve picked a Leader and Civilization that is friends with barbarians, taking the bite out of the beginning game… and also the end, seeing as it means I am friends with the Demons of the Apocalypse.

2) I’ve made it so the AI starts with the same amount of troops as me. Usually on deity the AI can start with 6 warriors, 3 scouts, 2 settlers and a worker… which is just a tad too extreme for me. So they’ve been bumped back down to the scout, warrior, settler combo the same as me. They should still get all their other bonuses, faster tech speed, extra happiness and productivity… which brings me too-

3) There is the Erebus map. This map creates a more… narrative and fantasy like look. With vast deserts and mountain ranges and passes between lands done by small one square tiles between seas, lakes or hills. This means a human player can more easily plan defensive points… which are going to be useful.

4) I'm going to DESTROY the world. None of this saving Malarkey. I'm going turn the land into Hell, Bring demons unto the world and laugh as my enemies are swept up in Apocalyptic Battles to end all battles while i'm left alone... at peace with the demons.

For those who wonder why the point about defensive positions is needed… remember on normal Civ IV… when a enemy stack of doom came at you it would be, what? 10-20 units strong right? In FFH 10-20 units is a small attack force. Depending on the difficulty, enemy and their resources you can see stacks of doom as large as 100 units strong. I kid you not.

Ways to fight these large stacks come from the stronger siege units and MAGIC! While going through this I’ll answer questions that people have and explain the new mechanics.

Next up: Meeting the Orcs, How to harness our traits, The Armageddon Counter and Our starting Position

Introduction: Meet the Orcs

The Leader

Meet Jonas Endain. Spiritual, Expansive, Barbarian.

This guy is our leader and General Pain in the ass. I shall be his interpreter and thinker and by interpretation I mean when he says;
“WHAAAGH! Smelly bigjobs bad to orcs. Greenies whack em!”
I take that to mean;
“The humans are working against the current interests of The Clan. Go lure them into a battle site of our choosing so that superior defence can mitigate their overwhelming force. Weaken them until we can claim a strategic resource or point of interest necessary to de-fang them.”

…

Yes I’ll admit there is a certain dramatic flair to the job but on most accounts Orcs are a dumb bunch.

Jonas has a few things working in his favour however; he’s Spiritual, Expansive and a Barbarian. Yeah that last one is more useful than you would think...

Spiritual
Spiritual works much the same way as in base Civ IV, No anarchy for changing civics and double production speed of temples…

The Change is that in FFH the temples do a lot more then just give culture and happiness. They can also give money, production speed, science and everything else making it more useful to get them quickly.

Spiritual also gives all Divine units Mobility one. Divine units are a hell of a lot useful so being able to move them quickly helps more then you can imagine. Divine units are your main healers and can do all kinds of magic from minor stat boosting to calling up tidal waves.

I will talk more about these things when they come up in the game, look out for a Religions or Divine Units section.

Expansive
Expansive is also similar to Civ IV.

+3 :health: to all cities. No upkeep to Compassion Civics and Double production of Granaries and Harbour.

Barbarian
Barbarian is the biggy. With Jonas being mostly an illiterate thug the Barbarians view the Orc Civilization as being friendly and we start out on peaceful terms with them. While Animals are still a problem because they have hidden nationality they aren’t the early kick in the teeth that hundreds or orc barbarians are.

This trait also gives a -10% to :science: tech rate making it harder to gain new technological breakthroughs. Dumb Orcs.

-

The Civilization

Background
Spoiler :
Once men of many nations, the orcs were transformed, cursed and enraged when Bhall, the God of Fire, fell. Jonas is much more quiet and controlled than his fellow orcs but even he carries a mace with the head of a young girl as the ball. When he raises it in combat, the lips peel back, showing sharp teeth, and she screams.

The Orcs call themselves The Clan of Embers. They are the only so called “civilizaed” orcs, others wander around as barbarians.

Civilizations in FFH don’t just get a nice building and unit… they get a special racial bonus and multiple units and buildings, they also get limitations, some buildings or units they can’t build… For instance elves can’t build catapults… because they don’t chop down trees! They can also get racial bonus stats. All Civilizations also get a Hero Unit and a Worldspell. A Hero gains 1xp per turn untill 100 and the Worldspell is something special...

Buildings
Libraries = Unavailable
Warrens = Special Orc Building that doubles the units produced from a city :eek:

Units
Goblin = Replaces a scout, Loses a movement point but If it defeats a wolf in the wild it becomes a Goblin Wolf Rider

Race
Orcish
+10% Jungle Attack
+10% Jungle Defence
+25% Fire Resistance

Hero

Rantine
4 :strength:
1 :move:
Cost = 180 :hammers:
Stats = +25% against Melee Units
Ability = Can convert a barbarian city into a Clan city if Rantine is the strongest Unit within it

Worldspell
For the Hoard!
Ability = Converts 50% of the worlds Barbarian Orcs to your side.

Happy to see another FFH story coming out. I thought about possibility of doing one myself, but kind of hesitated because there wasn't much FFH-based threads ongoing.

I figured i'd start one that could also be used as a walk-through for people who hadn't played it to raise new interest. I picked deity difficulty because everyone loves watching the underdog try to win :D

Have you played the Orcs before?

Nah, I played all the civilizations I could catch by random (Grigori, Lanun etc.) but never managed to catch the Orcs, perhaps because I have never actively sought out evil civilization. So somewhat interested in how you will tackle the challenge of Deity with that civilization- I remember when I had no clue how to use magic at all =/

Game Lore: The Princess Rule

NOTE: This isn't an actual game concept, it's just FFH lore. Gives you an idea of how things work around here.

What are you more scared of? The Balseraphs or the Ljosalfar?" Orsen asked his friend, Mikal. "Well," Mikal said, "The Balseraphs are, at least supposedly, on our side. But those rituals they do give me the creeps. And those strange, noisy weapons... I don't care what our battlemage says about 'chemicals' and 'powders' and dwarvish contraptions, I say they're dark magic. I understand the Elves. They want forests, we want cities, but there's only enough room for one. But I'll never understand the Balseraphs." Orsen agreed. "And mark my words," he added, "once the Elves are gone they'll turn on us."

The Kuriotate scouts had been sent into the thick forests to seek out any Ljosalfar encampents. The forests were thick and wild. Animals were waiting in ambush for the unwary, and after that Balseraph regiment had been wiped out by a treant, they and the Kuriotates were constantly bickering about who would be going first.

"Look at that... I think there's a clearing up..." Mikal suddenly stopped, and then, made two motions. "Be quiet" and "come here." Orsen followed carefully. There was indeed a clearing. And what was in it was... impossible.

"I thought they were myths..." Orsen whispered. "Might be a trap, though. Or it might be vicious... you can never tell in these woods..." Mikal shook his head. "Can't you feel it... that aura of truth and love? One of Sirona's creatures, surely... peace in living form. It's wonderful."

A unicorn. The friends stood in silent awe for several seconds afterwards. Then, cautiously, Mikal left the brush and approached it. The peaceful creature turned, unconcerned towards Mikal, but made no aggresive moves. Mikal slowly approached, his hands outstretched...

An explosion rang out. The unicorn's head flew clean off, and the Kuriotates heard a shrill cry of "Boom-shaka-laka! Dinnertime, boys!" They gaped in shock as a small pack of Balseraphs, grinning insanely and wielding their mysterious, horrifying weapons leapt out to examine the unicorn's corpse. "Start up a fire, ladies! I love me some horse meat. And whatever the hell is growing outta this thing's head, I'm sure it'll look really nice on my mantle! Shiny bits for the win!" The leader of the Balseraph soldiers cut off the unicorn's horn from the bit of head that it was stuck to and placed it in one of the few pockets on his coat not already overstuffed with baubles and trinkets.

Only then did he notice Mikal and Orsen. "Oi, Kuriotates! Was that your horse? If so, sorry 'bout that but you shouldn't let the thing loose and unsaddled. We were hungry, after all!" Mikal barely manage to shake his head. "No, it wasn't yours? Good to hear! Some treehugger is doubtless wondering what happened to his mount-slash-lover right now. He'll get over it... when we blow his brain to bits, that is!" The Balseraph cackled insanely at the image of some Ljoslfar's head being blasted to pieces. "There's enough horsemeat for all of us, by the way, and one of our new recruits cooks horse meat real good. Worked in the stables, 'disposing' of horses that lost too many races. Care for some?"

Still unable to believe what they had just witnessed, Mikal and Orsen again shook their heads and walked off. "Suit yourselves," the Balseraph yelled. "Yeesh," he added to his mates, "they looked miserable. Poor suckers. Ah well, not my problem." And with that, the small Balseraph squad sat down to enjoy the only unicorn on Erebus, cooked medium rare.

AH, YOU'RE THAT UNICORN. YOU SURVIVED TWO HOURS... A NEW RECORD. "What happened to me?" THE BALSERAPHS WERE HUNGRY. THEY SAW YOU AND DECIDED TO EAT YOU. "Who are you?" DEATH. "Then I'm... dead? Why would they kill me?" I ALREADY SAID, THEY WERE HUNGRY. THERE'S ALSO THE PRINCESS RULE. IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN, BUT BASICALLY IT MEANS CUDDLY THINGS DIE QUICKLY HERE. ONLY EXCEPTION IS PENGUINS... THEY'RE PROTECTED BY AN OBSCURE LOOPHOLE IN THE COMPACT. JUST BE GLAD YOUR DEATH WAS QUICK AND PAINLESS. THE BALSERAPHS WERE TOO HUNGRY TO GET... CREATIVE. "Who would eat a unicorn?" THE BALSERAPHS. TRUST ME, THEY'VE DONE WORSE. "But I was sent to bring peace and hope!" WHERE FROM? "Far, far away..." SOMEWHERE WITH HAPPILY EVER AFTERS? "Yes..." WELCOME TO EREBUS. THERE AREN'T MANY OF THOSE HERE. "What is the Angel of Hope doing? He should be making sure people live happily ever after, that every Princess finds her Prince Charming..." HE IS PRESENTLY PLANNING THE SLAUGHTER AND DAMNATION OF EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD IN THIS UNIVERSE, TO AVENGE A PETTY AND CHILDISH GRUDGE WITH THE ONE. "What sort of place is this, where madmen eat unicorns, happily ever afters don't happen, and even angels Fall from Heaven?" AN INTERESTING ONE.

-KillerClowns (Original Writer)

The Apocalypse: Counting down to Armageddon

This is my Ace in the hole. Demons and Orcs like me. So i see no problem with letting them cover the earth while i cackle away.

The Armageddon Counter
This is referred to as the AC it is visible in the lower right area of the main game screen.

It begins the game at 0 and raises all the way to 100, which is when the Apocalypse will occur!

Raising the Counter
  • Cities being Razed
  • Ashen Veil, The Apocalypse Religion being founded
  • Ashen Veil, Spreading
  • The Breaking of the Compact, Summoning Demons
  • Piller of Chains Wonder, Enslaves a city
  • Holy City for Octupos Overlords of Ashen Veil being built
  • Prophecy of Ragnarok, Wonder that means all units built from the city have a Armegeddon mark that raises the counter while they live
  • Evil Heroes being built

Lowering the Counter
  • Peaceful Rituals
  • Order, The Lawful Angel Religion being founded
  • Order, Spreading
  • Building the Mercucian Gate and Summoning the Angels to defeat the Demons
  • Holy Cities for Order or Empyeran being built.
  • Good Heroes being built

The Armageddon Counter influences many aspects of the Erebus world. When it increases the Good and Evil Civilizations will be more likely to war and will draw the neutrals to pick sides. Fires will spread, Hell terrain will destroy resources and Harbingers like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will appear wrecking terrible destruction on the land.

Armageddon Events
AC 0
Hell Terrain will spread in Ashen Veil lands. Hell terrain turns pigs and sheep into Toads. Turns Cows and Horses into Nightmares. And turns Rice, Wheat or Corn into Razorweed. This destroys the health of the nation and forces them to take the civic "Sacrifice the weak" To be able to survive.

AC 10
First of the Apocalyptic Warnings

AC 25
Hell Terrain will spread to unowned land. This halts the AI expansion a bit. Especially in deserts which become Burning sands. Forever on fire.

AC 30
Blight hits the Civilizations of the world. It adds unhealthiness equal to double the size of your city. This slowly dissapears over 10-20 turns but if you arn't prepared and don't have enough health your cities could starve all the way back down to size 1.

All units also take some damage from the blight which can be horrible if you are at war and deep in enemy terrirtory.

AC 40
Stephanos, the first Horseman of the Apocalypse, will arive.

Race: Demon
Unit Class: Mounted Unit, Hero
Starts With: Does Not Receive Defensive Bonuses, Demon, Fear, Magic Immune, Command I, II & III, Crown of Command, Flying
Info:
:strength: 19 +5 Unholy
:move: 3

This is the Domination horseman, His crown of command combined with the natural Command promotions means he has a 80% chance of converting any unit he kills. Meaning he can turn armies against their leaders.

AC 50
Hell Terrain will spread if in an Evil civilization's cultural borders.

Buboes, the second Horseman of the Apocalypse, will arrive.

Starts With: Does Not Receive Defensive Bonuses, Demon, Fear, Magic Immune, Blitz, War, Flying
Can Cast: Rage
Info:
:strength: 25 +2 Unholy

This is the Horseman of War. He enrages his foes spreading hate. His Sword item increase the Armageddon counter each time it kills someone. He is here to cause damage... even after he dies any bloodthirsty nation that picks up his sword and uses it for bloodshed will only be hastening the end of days

AC 60
Yersinia, the third Horseman of the Apocalypse will arrive.

Starts With: Does Not Receive Defensive Bonuses ,Demon, Fear, Magic Immune, Cannibalize, Plague Carrier, Flying, Athame
Info:
:strength: 15 +5 Unholy +10 Posions

Yersinia is the Horseman of Pestilence. His weapon leaves units in any stack he attacks plagued.

AC 70
Ars Moriendi, the final Horseman of the Apocalypse, will arrive.

Starts With: Does Not Receive Defensive Bonuses, Summons a Wraith after each combat victory, Can Cast "Call of the Grave", Demon, Fear, Magic Immune, Vile Touch, flying, Staff of Souls
Info:
:strength: 13 +11 Death +5 Unholy

Death. Destoryer of Worlds. This Horseman is the last and strongest. Able to summon Minions to help him bring about the end of the world.

AC 75
Hell Terrain will spread if in a Neutral civilization's cultural borders.

AC 80
Hellfire will spawn at random tiles of the map, spawning Infernal or Barbarian Champions.

AC 90
The Avatar of Wrath will arrive and every living unit will have a 50% chance of "defecting" and going barbarian.

Unit Class: Melee Unit, Hero
Starts With: Demon, Water Walking
Info:
:strength: 33
:move: 2
Special:
+3 to the Armageddon Counter
Can Cast Ira Unleashed

This is the Wrath of the Gods upon the puny mortals. Half your units turn against you while this huge Avatar walks the earth killing as it goes.

AC 100
Armageddon occurs!! Causing a 50% chance of killing any living unit on the map. If the AC was raised quickly between the Avatar emerging then this most of the Civilizations will be doomed to become nothing but dust.

Part One: Positioning and Playing nice with the axe wielding lunatics

The Age of Ice is Over. The Lore of Erebus talks of the God of Ice decending upon the land before being defeated to usher in this new age...

We can discuss lore later. Jonas Endain demands that we settle upon a nearby hill for defence then explore the area.

Spoiler Overview of Orc Land :

Barduck the Burning blazed day and night but we help no fear. Barbarians called us friend and we had the perfect homeland. Surrounded by mountains there was only two ways in and out via a eastern and western pass.

I dub the Western Pass "Hot Snow Contradiction" Partly because we are going to burn that ice and tundra away! Plus partly because the big lug Jonas doesn't understand what ice is... Either way it's a rubbish place for a city... but thats not the point. The point is there is no way around if we found on the spot there... Perfect for defence.

To the east we sent a Goblin slave scout.
Spoiler Eastern Pass :

Oh yeah! The Eastern Pass just got named Tree Pass and it is going to be the second city founded.

That tree there is Yggdrasil. The World Tree. It gives an insane amount of food for the city and it's friut gives 2 :) and 1 :health: This one Unique Feature will fund my expansion for years to come! It's mine and i will fight anyone to the death over it!

The Goblin fort to the east would be a problem for weak humans but Jonas is buddies with the barbarian thugs. Instead they will ignore me and go and attack anyone else. Meaning while "I" Can safely expand here, no-one else can unless they deal with the goblins.

There are many of these forts around. Barrows that spawn skeletons, Ruins that spawn Lizard men, Goblin huts that spawn Goblins and Dens that spawn different Animals. It is only the last one that we need to worry about. All the others are currently our friend.

Next Up: Starting Technological Breakthroughs, Meeting people and killing them, Religion and how to worship demons for power.

Interesting. I've been trying to get into FFH2, but it's like totally different game. In several games I've played, I wasn't able to get into the game much, and lost interest quickly. Perhaps, your story will help me understand the mechanics of the game :)

I'll try and explain some more of the concepts then, I think FFH is a bit difficult because each Civilization is so different, you have to find the one that you like. I'll go over the different nations soon.

-

I have no idea why penguins are exempt :p it's just one of those strange little quirks. Penguins do turn up as a happy resource in FFH which is amusing.

Technology

Spoiler :

The Tech screen is minimized and grouped into colour coded sections, but if you want a larger version it is in the spoiler. When you open it you can see that it looks quite different from Civ 4. While Civ has a horizontal tech path that you have to advance along everywhere to get ahead... In FFH the tech is vertical, which encourages you to specialise.

The Larger number of worker and building techs help slow the game down in the beginning, but the more advanced techs can be focused on completely to the lack of others. For example, you could advance completely down the melee weapon line. Gaining Champions, Immortals and the ability to use Mythrill weapons. You can do this without ever teching to a religion, to defensive bowmen of any kind, or magical Archmages.

The Religions are the ones in the Yellow sections and we will be heading for the Ashen Veil. To do that we need Mysticism, Way of the Wicked, and Knowledge of the Ether. All very good techs in their own right, Mysticism will allow a civic that will be useful, i'll explain the civics in a later section. Way of the wicked gets me a wonder that increases the AC and Knowledge of the Ether gets me Shamans... Base magic wielders... They don't do much now... I could maybe burn a few forests to the ground... but later... oh my do they improve.

Technology Paths
As you can proceed to the end techs in any order here is a list of the basic ones. Take note that most of the end result units are only National Units, meaning you can only have four of them at any one time. This means you need an army of base units supported by specialists.

Most tech paths at the high end are to do with units. Powerful units have to be earned.

Religion

The Religions can all be founded via their techs but uniquely in FFH even if you tech a religion second, after its been founded, you still gain a disciple so you can spread the religion and gain it's bonuses. Some religions have a second technology to unlock heroes or unique wonders or civics. The end path for religion techs is at the bottom of the tech tree. The Disciples also differ in that the initial zealots spread the religion... but the priests allow you to spread AND build a religions temple in a new city. This can be very cost effective Production wise.

Theology gets you High Priests which can really make a game... Enemies in the water? Have a Kraken, a water beast powerful enough to destroy anything... Someone have too many cottages? Have an Earthquake, destroy all those tile improvements...

The other part of the religion path depends upon whether you are Good, Neutral or Evil. The Good Civilizations need Valor and unlock Paladins, high level healer and warrior units. Perfect for leading an army. The Neutral Civilizations need Commune with Nature, This unlocks Druids, High level healers and magic units. These are terraformer units. You have some desert in your lands? A Druid will change that to any type of land you want... ANY. Evil Civilizations need Malevolent Designs, which unlocks Eidilons, another high level healder and warrior unit.

Arcane Magic

The Arcane Magic path is one of the most linear. You go for your adapts, Then pick which type of magic you would like, Necromancy for dead minions, Elemental for fireballs, Divination for city improvement or alteration for unit or land enhancement?

Once you've decided that you just keep heading up the path. Eventually you reach Archmages which can alone control a battlefield. Unit stack? Hit them with a lightning storm... City has high defence? Make your units shadow walkers able to ignore defence... You also get a tech that does the equivlent of airports. a building for fast portal transport.

Melee Line

The Metal weapons line is VERY different to base Civ. In FFH the units have pre-requisite buildings instead of pre-requisite metals... the metals in FFH effect the weapons the units use. No metals and they just have stone or jade rubbish... Copper gets bronze weapons which give +1:strength: Iron Weapons give +2:strength: and a weakness to electricity. The Most powerful is Mythrill which gives +4:strength:

Thus even if you have a tech savy nation, unless you have the resources to equip your troops they may actually be WEAKER then a nation with base warriors with better weapons.

The High end of the Melee line is Immortals and Phalanxs. The Immortals live up to their name seeing as they don't die. If they are killed in battle they are teleported back to the capital. To end them once and for all you would need to kill them once then burn the capital to the ground on the same turn... hard to pull off. The Phalanxs are just your basic super soilder, excellent at taking cities and strong enough to fight of armies for themselves

Archer Line

The Archery line is the basic city defence stuff. They have more defence then attack meaning they are stuck in their designed battle role. the first unit archers have 3/5:strength: Meaning a 2nd tier axeman or swordsman from the melee line would have to be equipped with bronze weapons to be equal to them.

The Longbowmen can wield bronze of iron weapons themselves making them the best city defence in the game!

The high end units for this include a crossbow unit and a type of Musket men called a Aquabus, which you have to detour through some of the building line techs to unlock.

Recon Line

This line is needed for exploration early game. The Animals in FFH can be powerful and only the natural vs. animal bonus from this line will make them a match.

The initial scouts and hunters aren't amazing. But opening up this line gives you access to hawks. A Quick flying scout unit similar to Civ 4's Airships. The hawks make scouting on your friends and enemies alike a breeze.

In the high end of this tech line you get Rangers and assassin and the national unit beastmasters. You also open up a national Werewolf Hero.

The Rangers have no build limit but are only good as scouts seeing as they get a negative bonus vs. cities. The Assassins are brilliant as they allways target the weakest unit in a stack. Making them good for taking out damaged heroes or weak magic users before they can cast.

The Beastmasters are a nation unit meaning you only get four of them... And their main bonus isn't the strength... it's the fact that while Rangers and the like can tame any beasts they defeat in combat, giving you bears and lions on your side... Beastmasters tame Beasts. By beasts i mean Beasts like King Kong or a Dragon! Yes you heard me right.

Mounted Line

The Mounted line opens up a lot more quickly then base Civ. The Horsemen are quite weak on 4 :strength: but they get a 50% bonus vs. archers. Horse units in this game also get 3 :move: instead of 2. Plus there are two move promotions AND a haste spell which combined with road improvements means you can get a lot of movement for rapid redeployment very quickly.

You get Horse Archers later and then Chariots which are horse units that can use metals! Making them very good attack units. The high end horse units are Knights which are national.

I don't expect to have a large enough empire to get much use out of horse units, i also assume i'll be on the defensive for most of the game.

Siege Units

Not so much a tech line as it is part of the builder line and metal line.

Siege units are a lot more powerful in this game with a high collateral damage cap and a constant 80% withdrawal rating. They have to be able to compete with the awesome power of magical spells.

The drawback is that they are not "living" units. This means they can't gain the raiders perk to use enemy roads and any haste spells won't effect them. Slowing up your advance into enemy territory.

The low level catapult is unlocked quickly but the high end cannon is at the end of the builder line with gunpowder.

Builder Line

There are a lot of powerful buildings in the game. Both wonders and normal buildings. Some are pre-requisite to build troops of a certain line which are discovered by researching their own lines. But the Builder line concentrates on the infrastructure buildings, like the Public Baths building is very powerful for city growth. It gives +3:) and +1 :yuck:

Unfortunately there is no super growth building like a granary. Instead the growth bonus is split up between lots of different buildings that take a bit too much time to build.

-

Orc Tech Path Plan
All in all i'm going to be heading down the Religious path. I'm going to throw my all into burning the world. I will venture down the melee path a bit to pick up the ability to use different metal weapons but i doubt i will complete it enough to use immortals etc.

Only tactic I generally follow unless I somehow manage to RNG Khazad is go Archery/Mage line, secure at least 1 (2 if available for free promotion) fire mana, Fireball my way through the unintelligent enemy lines before Longbowsman pop up in large quantities, then summon Basium for the point superiority. Never managed to play game past 500 turns in Epic so don't know how AI can win a victory condition other than time though.

Death Mana+Fire Mana+Ashen Veil=Undead minions+Hoards of Demonic Slaves+FIRE!!! :devil:

I shall be Watching the :ar15: :run: with Interest.

DT
DEATH MANA!!! :mwaha:

Part Two: Meet the Elves, Or laughing at people who live in trees when their neighbours are Pyromaniac Orcs

Spoiler Summer Elf Meeting :

Not much happens for orcs early game unless you use that wonderful Worldspell. Most of the other nations are busy fighting of barbarian hordes. Not us orcs, a nice gentle pat on the back and plotting to kill each other later.

So far Anchient Chants has been researched allowing monuments to be built for early culture, Mysticism is halfway done which will get me Eldar Councils, a building that gives +2 :science:, also a tribal temple for some extra culture, happyness and the ability to run a priest specialist, very important as we want to get that evil worshipping up and running quickly.

A settler is being rushed as Orcs don't need early defence and because that huge World Tree is worth pushing to get early.

Most importantly... We've met the neighbours. Boy are they stupid. To the North we have the Dark, or Winter Elves. To the South we have Light, or Summer Elves. Both of them can get strong economies up and running mid-end game. They build WITHIN trees meaning they get more production, if they run the nature religion they also get Anchient Forests which give +1:food: & +1:hammers: Thats the bonus for every tile BEFORE towns, farms or mines. You can imagine the possibilities...

But those fun little forests are made of wood. Cheap... expandable... BURNABLE... wood. Heh. Suckers. For now i need a mage and i can only burn down a single forest at a time. But if we get Hell on earth those forests will start to wilt and die automatically.

The plan is to try and box them into positions so they can't expand past me. The North, Winter Elves seem to be in the best position for this... I still don't know the exact location of the Southern, Summer Elves. But i will have to make plans for dealing with both of them.

Next up: Meet the Different Civilizations of FFH, Religious insights, and then finally, A longer more productive turn!

This should be useful, I've never managed to really figure out FFH and I'd like to.

I'm going to post a couple more Game Concept posts so that people get a overview of how the game plays before proceeding. Hopefully that should help :) Anything else people can ask as i go along.

Only tactic I generally follow unless I somehow manage to RNG Khazad is go Archery/Mage line, secure at least 1 (2 if available for free promotion) fire mana, Fireball my way through the unintelligent enemy lines before Longbowsman pop up in large quantities, then summon Basium for the point superiority. Never managed to play game past 500 turns in Epic so don't know how AI can win a victory condition other than time though.

Yes that's a good early tactic, especially for the elves who can't use siege units. Or the Amurites whose Long bowmen can all learn to cast fireballs... Damn Firebows can be unstoppable.

AI is encouraged to go for a military victory in FFH because of the lack of simple space race where you just build things once you get far enough up the tech tree.

I'm not sure what i'll do for collateral damage this game. If i move quickly enough the Ashen Veil has some overpowering units and i'm going to be forced on the defensive anyway what with this being Deity.

Death Mana+Fire Mana+Ashen Veil=Undead minions+Hoards of Demonic Slaves+FIRE!!! :devil:

I shall be Watching the :ar15: :run: with Interest.

DT
DEATH MANA!!! :mwaha:

Your desire for Death, Fire and zombies is heard. Truly if that had been the main desire being the Sheaim would have been better... why have them separate? The Sheaim light their zombies on fire!

But those fun little forests are made of wood. Cheap... expandable... BURNABLE... wood. Heh. Suckers. For now i need a mage and i can only burn down a single forest at a time. But if we get Hell on earth those forests will start to wilt and die automatically.

Forest fires spread quite nicely, if you make a couple of them. Be careful though, because I once burned down the whole map in the Barbarian Assault scenario.:D

Anyways, interesting story and I'll be following it.

Top Bottom