Also, a preview of what can be researched:
Techs
Tier 1
Masonry (Allows Walls, Allows Dungeon)
Hunting (Allows Hunter)
Trade (Allows Market)
Writing (Allows Library)
Mining (Allows Mines)
Warfare (Allows Barracks, Allows Town Watch, Allows Conquest economy)
Fishing (Allows Fishery)
Mysticism (Allows sending disciples)
Arts (+3 stability when researched)
Agriculture (Allows Agriculture economy)

Tier 2
Smelting (Allows Forge, Allows Lumbermill) (Req. Mining)
Bronze Working (Allows Bronze resource, Allows Axemen, Allows Swordsmen, Allows Military State labor) (Req. Smelting)
Horseback Riding (Allows Horseman) (Req. Warfare or Trade)
Priesthood (Allows Priests, Allows Temples) (Req. Mysticism)
Code of Laws (Allows Courthouse, Allows Caste System labor) (Req. Writing)
Sailing (Allows Transport, Galleon, Allows Port) (Req. Fishing)
Herbalism (Allows Herbalist, makes assassination attempts more likely to succeed) (Req. Hunting or Agriculture)
Drama (Allows Teathers, +5 stability when researched) (Req. Arts)
Mathematics (Allows Forts, Allows Catapults, Allows Mercantilism economy) (Req. Writing)
Knowledge of Ether (Allows Adepts) (Req. Mysticism or Writing)
Tracking (Boosts Hunters) (Req. Hunting)
Caravans (Allows Inn, Allows Tavern, Allows Foreign Trade economy) (Req. Trade)
Archery (Allows Archer) (Req. Hunting or Warfare)

Tier 3
Feudalism (Allows Serfdom labor) (Req. Code of Laws)
Iron Working (Allows Iron resource, Allows Macemen, Allows Longswordmen) (Req. Bronze Working)
Light Cavalry (Allows Light Cavalry) (Req. Horseback Riding)
Heavy Cavalry (Allows Heavy Cavalry) (Req. Horseback Riding)
Machinery (Allows Windmills, Allows Trebuchets, Allows Crossbow) (Req. Mathematics)
Compass (Allows ships to travel to seas adjacent to your provinces, allows Ship of the Line, Frigate) (Req. Sailing)
Alchemy (Allows Alchemy Lab, Mages more potent) (Req. Knowledge of Ether or Herbalism)
Currency (Allows Money Changer, Allows Gambling House, Allows Tax Office) (Req. Mathematics)
Sorcery (Allows Mages) (Req. Knowledge of Ether)
Feral Bond (Allows Rangers) (Req. Tracking)
Religious Law (Religion and priests more potent) (Req. Priesthood)

Tier 4
Armored Cavalry (Allows Knights) (Req. Heavy Cavalry)
Stirrups (Allows Horse Archers) (Req. Light Cavalry)
Commune with Nature (Allows Beastmaster) (Req. Feral Bond)
Strength of Will (Allows Archmages) (Req. Sorcery)
Divine Contact (Allows High Priests) (Req. Religious Law)
Rage (Allows Berserkers) (Req. Iron Working)
Mithril Weapons (Allows Phalanx, Allows Mithril resource) (Req. Iron Working)
Blasting Powder (Allows Cannons, Allows Arquebus) (Req. Machinery)

My idea is that to research next tier you need to research at least half of current tier techs. Also, Tier 1 techs take 1 turn to research, Tier 2 take 3 turns, Tier 3 take 5 turns and Tier 4 take 8 turns. I might review that later. Also, Tier 1 techs cost 100 gold, Tier 2 300, Tier 3 500 and Tier 4 800.

Troops
Light Infantry (Cheap early on, later on quick and mobile, good at attacking cities)
Militia/Peasants->Swordsmen->Longswordmen->Berserker
Heavy Infantry (Good against Light Infantry, Light Cavalry)
/->Axemen->Macemen->Phalanx
Light Cavalry (Good against Archers, small unprotected units like priests, routing units)
Horsemen->Light Cavalry->Horse Archer
Heavy Cavalry (Good against almost everything, especially on offensive, slightly vulnerable to Heavy Infantry of Horse Archers )
Horsemen->Heavy Cavalry->Knights
Archers (Good against Heavy Infantry)
Archer->Crossbowmen->Arquebus
Siege (Against fortified targets and massive stacks)
Catapult->Trebuchet->Cannon
Mages (Cast Spells, spheres can be learnt at cost)
Adept->Mage->Archmage
Priests (Cast Spells)
Priests->High Priests
Recon (Good against heavy troops, mages, priests, good in forests, improve efficiency of all other troops. Note that there is a gap between Hunters and Rangers- That is because Hunters get improved by Tracking at no cost)
Hunters->Rangers->Beastmasters

Alright, I guess I will play. Can I chose a religion that isn't flavorful? Like would change alignment? If so, I might want to change my religion. But here is my civ anyways.
Well I couldn't imagine Balseraphs on Order (Then again you can expect them to do virtually anything) Nothing is forbidden, as long as it has SOME backing up in background write-up, but not all options are equally good (so expect some instability)

Name: Thomas.berubeg
Civilization: Amurites
Starting location: 32
Civ Leader Name: Thomas The Casswallen
Religion: Ashen Viel (cult of Ceridwen)
Government: Aristocratic Monarchy
Cultural Values: Knowledge/Power
Economy: Barter
Labor: Tribalism
Stability: 100
History: Dain was, for a time, the most powerful of the Amurite mages. But Power breeds envy, and envy, in the right mind, usually leads to a change in rulership. And so, Thomas, envoking the right of all of the Magical order, challenged Dain the Caswallen to a great Magical Duel. Dain would, normally, have no problem defeating even a first level mage like Thomas... but Thomas had called on greater forces. The secret teachings of Ceridwen had given Thomas enough power to destroy Dain... but at what cost?

What about infernal pact? How will the infernals be summoned, through a wonder? And I call infernals when they're summoned.

Name: Abculatter_2
Civilization: Infernals
Starting location: Once I am summoned I will chose one that isn't occupied
Civ Leader Name: Hyborem, Lord of the Balors
Religion: The Ashen veil and Agares, perhaps the other fallen gods as minors
Government: Absolute monarchy
Cultural Values: Power/Corruption
Economy: I'll chose one based on the techs I start with
Labor: Slavery
History: As the final incantation were completed, a flash and a crack rocked the fallen temple. The earth in the center of the summoning circles cracked open and withered, unholy flames rising from the depths. A large, blood-red hand grabbed the edges of the gaping hole, the very air becoming corrupted by it's mere presence. A gigantic blood-red demon burst forth, letting out a blood-curdling howl. A feeling hopelessness, despair and fear washed over the city's occupancy and people throughout Erebus felt a disturbance. Thus began Erebus's transformation to hell.

Okay, here's a bit of history about Valthic Dellagg:

While Beeri Bawl was the face of the Luchuirp and Garrim Gyr was looking for magical ways to lead the Luchuirp to glory there was yet another dwarf who played a vital roll in the rise of the Luchuirp. While Beeri Bawl was held captive and Garrim Gyr was in his studies Valthic Dellagg, a member of a family of sculptors that can trace their lines back to the Age of Magic, rose through the bureaucratic ranks to one of the heads of the Luchuirp government. He is seen as the representative of the large class of craftsmen that populate the Luchuirp nation. While not the true "leader" of the Luchuirp he gives his advice and opinion on every major decision and is the one who meets with the foreign dignitaries to discuss the basic agreements before the heads of state make the agreement.

Also since you put up a unit list, beware that barely any of my units will fall into those names as most will be golems.

Some background for the Khazad:

Kandros Fir had led the Khazad out of the underhome. Because of his different with his former friend, King Arturus Thorne, Kandros convinced the dwarves that new land ment new rules, and had them adopt the Khazad Republic. Kandros was naturally elected a leader, thanks to the gold he had been the first to find outdoors. Gold was even better on the surface than below, as it shone even more under sunlight than at torchlight. Now, all Kandros had to do to retain power was to make sure he had more gold than his rival Arturus, or any other dwarf out there.

@Merciary - Nice write up.

The unit list is just a basic overlay. Always have this in mind. Every time you figure out some nice unit, you tell me what it does and I'll try to determine the fair cost. You want Copper or Iron golem? Or Stone golem or Clay golem? You want to field a regiment of Bears or Paladins? All are available. Just point out what do you expect from them (Golems could be stronger at taking cities and wouldn't suffer from bad morale, but slow, bears weak against reckon but have strong charge...)
Main unit scheme will still be used as I'll try to put new units in standard groups. So Golems would likely be like heavy infantry, bears heavy cavalry, paladins light or heavy infantry (depending on what you want from them) etc.

I need to figure out the resources and the training costs, and we are set. We have 5 players + Infernals. If Arcticnightwolf or somebody else wishes to join, it would be nice.

Some background for the Khazad:

Kandros Fir had led the Khazad out of the underhome. Because of his different with his former friend, King Arturus Thorne, Kandros convinced the dwarves that new land ment new rules, and had them adopt the Khazad Republic. Kandros was naturally elected a leader, thanks to the gold he had been the first to find outdoors. Gold was even better on the surface than below, as it shone even more under sunlight than at torchlight. Now, all Kandros had to do to retain power was to make sure he had more gold than his rival Arturus, or any other dwarf out there.

Updating your civ :)

Resources:
Gold: +5 stability, mines in province give +4 gold instead of their normal benefits
Gems: +4 stability, mines in province give +4 gold instead of their normal benefits
Silk: +3 stability, farms in province give +4 gold instead of their normal benefits
Spices: +3 stability, farms in province give +3 gold instead of their normal benefits
Wheat: +2 stability, +5 commerce limit, farms in province increase comerce limit by additional 5
Livestock: +2 stability, +5 commerce limit, farms in province increase comerce limit by additional 5
Marble: -10% construction costs, mines in province give +2 gold and -10% construction costs reduction instead of their normal benefits
Copper: +5% army efficiency, mines in province give +1 gold and -15% construction costs reduction instead of their normal benefits
Iron: +10% army efficiency (obsoletes copper) mines in province give +1 gold and -15% construction costs reduction instead of their normal benefits
Mythril: +15% army efficiency (obsoletes iron) mines in province give +2 gold and -15% construction costs reduction instead of their normal benefits

Name: Algeroth
Civilization: Kuriotates
Starting location: 19
Civ Leader Name: Cardith Lorda
Religion: Many minor cults and religions but no Ashean Veil presence at this moment.
Government: God King
Cultural Values: Liberty/Social Order

How hard is to change your Cultural Values?

When the start is planned? I wouln't be in civilization next week.

It takes time to change cultural values, but is not impossible. You will actually be asked few times to change them (developing trade will encourage consumption, and adopting republic calls liberty, for example) or practically forced to change them (Theocracy will have a hard time if they don't have religion cultural value).

For Kuriotates I think it would be fair to get +10 gold from cities instead +5, but to make establishing cities more expensive.

If you are not here, it is not really a problem. You can send me orders in advance as much as you want to. Also, you can send me general strategy and big-picture of development and I'll follow it and make sure that no major events happen in our empire during that few turns.

EDIT: Nice to have one empire with no formal state religion. I guess there will be some action in attempting to get you converted. :)

Name: arcticnightwolf
Civilization: Grigori
Starting location: 22
Civ Leader Name: anw I.
Religion: N/A (agnostic)
Cultural Values: Economy && Education
Desc: default (Civilopedia)

Edit: I have feeling, that this will not go over ... :)

Civ Leader Name: Cassiel
Government: Monarchy

What, no mithril resource?

At first I figured that it comes so late that it would be lame if you invested so much in research but didn't have it to build t4 units. But since I played around with the model and went with FfH one ('no resources required') I'll add it as improved iron.

Name: arcticnightwolf
Civilization: Grigori
Starting location: 22
Civ Leader Name: anw I.
Religion: N/A (agnostic)
Cultural Values: Economy && Education
Desc: default (Civilopedia)

I signed you up. I will ask you, though, to change following:
Leader name should be more flavorful. Or at least stick with Cassiel, as he is archangel after all.
God King isn't really appropriate for Grigori, especially if they are not led by Cassiel.
You could pick monarchy, or republic with anyone you want as head of senate?

Colonizing and expanding
You can expand your empire by one and only one province per turn.
The province you expand to must be adjacent to your territory.
There are two ways to expand. First is to build an outpost. Outpost claims a province for you, but you don't get any income. You do get resources, and you are allowed to build and expand fortifications in province. Cost of outpost is 50 gold and it takes 1 turn to build.
Second way is to build a city. City provides income (+5) and allows you to build infrastructure in city and in province. You are allowed to build two cities for free. Every city after them costs 200 gold, then 400, 600 and so on. It takes 2 turns to build a city, but first two free cities are built just for 1 turn.
Forts can be built in any province you own and can be expanded by one level for 100 gold for lvl.1, 200 for 2 and so on. If you want to, you can specify fort details, like against which province you want to guard better and so on.

Troops
Light infantry regiment costs 50 gold
Reckon regiment cost 50
Heavy infantry and Archers cost 60
Light cavalry cost 70
Heavy Cavalry, Siege, Mages and Priests cost 80
Any troops you come up with will have their costs assigned. The cost does not depend on tech tier of unit (so axemen and macemen cost the same). Troops don't upgrade automaticaly, you have to request that by orders.
You are able to upkeep (5 + 2 per city) regiments. These cost you 1 gold per turn per regiment. Each troop after this costs you twice as much to recruit and to upkeep. If you exceed this limit by more than double, each next unit costs you three times as much to recruit and to upkeep.
Troops can be grouped to armies. There is no hard limit on how many regiments can be in but keep in mind you will lose efficiency if they are too big (10 is optimal, 20 probably too big). Troops move 1 province per turn, heavy and light cavalry can move three but only if they are not accompanied by other slower troops.
Keep in mind that other players do not know where are your troops or what do you have. They also don't know where are your buildings. You are free to give false informations. Bribery, conspiracies and trickstery concerning this are more than welcome. You can request espionage for a gold to find this out, though.

I thing the main problem with kurotaries is the number of settlements and sphere of influence they should have according to lore. Can we build provincie improvments without cities?

How long will one turn be in game and in RL?

Allows the increase of stability from technologies buildings and resources push up the maximum stability, or are the benefits from arts lost for someone with 100 stability?

thomas.berubeg: Have you considerd the Emrys as your state religion? The Lore section should have some details about them.

arcticnightwolf: God king is a very strange choise for Grigori. IMO God King is everything aganist Cassiel stands ..

Also, Economy is which cultural value? Consumption?

I thing the main problem with kurotaries is the number of settlements and sphere of influence they should have according to lore. Can we build provincie improvments without cities?

How long will one turn be in game and in RL?

Allows the increase of stability from technologies buildings and resources push up the maximum stability, or are the benefits from arts lost for someone with 100 stability?

thomas.berubeg: Have you considerd the Emrys as your state religion? The Lore section should have some details about them.

arcticnightwolf: God king is a very strange choise for Grigori. IMO God King is everything aganist Cassiel stands ..

Also, Economy is which cultural value? Consumption?

For Kurios I'd put outposts at half the costs and cities that give +10 gold instead +5, and stability penalty if the get too many cities. Improvements without cities are not allowed because it would be too hard for me to track.

I propose 48h for one turn, we can later extend that to 72.

Stability can go beyond 100, it won't give you any bonuses but it will allow you to store up a few points for later.

Economy is consumption, but I suppose Economy is also more about personal success than spending to buy goods.

I need to detail few more minor stuff, and then we can begin.

Orders can be sent to sumar_00@hotmail.com (but you don't need to send them right away, we haven't begun yet)
You have your starting position and 500 gold and 2 'free cities'
Trade will not kick in until later.
If someone can make the civ flags it would save me some time and I'd be grateful. Example can be found here (This one I made for an AAR, flags should be normal ones, not tattered, so it is easy job :))

There will be no barbarians in first few turns, after that you will need army. You can even negotiate with orcs, give them gold to go somewhere else, or whatever you want to.
Animals won't pose you a problem, I don't think that few wolves can kill hundreds of settlers.
Different areas will have different levels of barb activity. You can order scouting to find out what areas are most dangerous. Even settled provinces can have barbs appearing inside and pillaging, though not as much as unsettled.

Top Bottom