FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Is the inconsistency intentional?

Hello

It's been a long time since I could enter the forums.

5 days ago I started my first game with the calabim and I had inciense nearby. I went for calendar to grab it and get the happy face (I built the church to get the happy face) but it wouldn't show in my cities. I even enter the worldbuilder to place another inciense and none would appear.
My people were working the tile (I was getting the money, food, etc), it had road+plantation+chuch but I was not getting the resource.

A few turns later I grabed silk (need the tech to remove forests), and somehow the inciense showed in my cities giving the happy face. I'm can't remember if the inciense was in the map or I placed it using the worldbuilder in the first place (I think not).

If I start a new game and meet this problem again, I will post a save game.

Hello Arpymaster. IIRC you need

a) Calendar to hook it up.
b) Priesthood to actually use it.

It's a matter of prereqs.

;)

There is a defect in CvCityAI::AI_doHurry which means that an AI civilization that can hurry through money will hurry by default at a point that is determined by population cues (rather than, say, enough money).

This basically makes it impossible for an AI civilization to save significant money once its has a technology allowing for a hurry via money. I'm not certain that this is very important at the moment - the only AI this hurts badly is the Khazad, and there are multiple other issues that need to be addressed to allow the Khazad to save money correctly.

Code:
			//this overrides everything.
			if (bGrowth)
			{
				if ((iHurryGold > 0) && ((iHurryGold * 16 + GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).AI_getExtraGoldTarget()) < GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getGold()))// Wiser Orcs - prevent hurrying for Khazad unless they have lots of money.
				{
					hurry((HurryTypes)iI);
					break;
				}
				if ([B](iHurryPopulation > 0) && [/B](AI_countGoodTiles((healthRate(0) == 0), false, 100) <= (getPopulation() - iHurryPopulation))) [B]// Wiser Orcs - don't confuse hurry types[/B]
				{
					hurry((HurryTypes)iI);
					break;
				}
			}
			if ([B](iHurryPopulation > 0) && [/B](AI_countGoodTiles((healthRate(0) == 0), false, 100) <= (getPopulation() - iHurryPopulation))) [B]// Wiser Orcs - don't confuse hurry types[/B]
			{
				if (getProductionTurnsLeft() > iMinTurns)
				{
In the event that it matters to you, this appears to be a BtS defect.

Hello Arpymaster. IIRC you need

a) Calendar to hook it up.
b) Priesthood to actually use it.

It's a matter of prereqs.

;)

Philosophy, actually, is required to access incense off the map.
Knowledge of the Ether is required to access Reagents.
Bronze Working is required to access Copper
Iron Working is required to access Iron
Mithril Working is required to access Mithril.

All other resources can be acquired with merely the tech necessary to build the improvement (or see the resource, in the case of gunpowder).

Hey Kael,

Just checked it and it says:

Civ version: 313
Save version: 301
Build version: 3.0.0.91 (74697)
Build date: Thu Jan 28 14:37:52 2007
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Mod: Mods\Fall From Heaven 2 025

And it warns me that applying the 3.13 BtS patch won't have any effect when I try to do so (though I CAN reapply the patch, it just claims the patch is already there.)

I'm having this problem too. It seems that the 3.13 patch screws up the big maps I downloaded :(

If anyone knows a big (really HUGE) FFH2 map with a lot of the civs that's workable with 3.13 plz let me know ASAP

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I no longer see any mention of the evangelistic (sp) mechanic. Is it still on the list of things to be resolved, perhaps with shadow?

Take a look at this save. Examine the city of Udenarat - 1 :unhappy: caused by "we fear for our safety". However, there's a warrior there! Then end the turn. Move this unit out of the city - and viola, the people no longer fear for their safety! If you move the other warrior into the city, the unhappiness goes away. Apparently that warrior is frightening people.

FYI i have the MiniMod installed (alters improvements)

Attachments

• westamastaflash AD-0328 we fear for our saftey bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    370.3 KB · Views: 49
I believe it's my first time posting in these forums.
I'd like to say congrats to the team... I haven't been this impressed in a while!

After a game of no reagents (i checked with the world builder at the end), I did some tests....

It seems that reagents will always spawn properly (i.e.: 1 reagent for each 2 civs) as long as you play with the normal number of players on a map.

BUT, once you exceed a certain number of players (it differs per map size), the reagents spawning becomes buggy.

Try Standard map size with 10 players and open the world builder.
There will 1 reagent.

For the small map, I believe 6 players causes it to go to zero reagents.

At first I thought it had to do with "blessing of ..." option, but that doesn't seem to be the case... (although I grew pretty tired by the end of the testing, so I may have mistakenly been keeping track of when I turned that option on or off)

Hope this helps squish the bug!

It looks liek the FFH Wiki is down, I get an error message when i try to access it.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm trying to run the mod under Linux (with Wine 0.9.49) and it's not working very well, though BtS works (Vanilla Civ4 doesn't though)

When starting the mod I get XML errors in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml,
"Tag: ERA_ORDE in Info class was incorrect", same for ERA_LEAF etc, over and over again before the whole thing freezes. Anything I can do to fix this problem?

Yvain the woodelf can't use Vitalize even though he's got Nature 3. However, he can use Sanctify without having Life 1.

Hi,

already posted this one in a own thread, though I'm not sure it's a bug or not:

I'm currently at a ffh .25 game with Doviello and find the battlemaster upgrade-option a bit overpowered. When upgrading an axeman to battlemaster with the special ability it doesn't cost any money. This way I'm able to build axeman in 3-4 turns and upgrade them to battlemaster at no costs which else would take the double time to build. In .23 the upgrade costs are the same as normal upgrading.

Bye,
DoD

The problem with no reagents, no mithril and even lack of gunpowder:
It looks like this is because of the bonus class. The class "BONUSCLASS_RUSH" is placed in the following order: iron, copper, horses, gunpowder, mithril, reagents.
For each resource placed there needs to be a minimum of four plots*, in all directions, without another BONUSCLASS_RUSH resource. Change the bonus class or reduce the minimum distance and you should see a significant increase of reagents (on maps where they are rare).

*Unless it's in another area.

After a game of no reagents (i checked with the world builder at the end), I did some tests....

It seems that reagents will always spawn properly (i.e.: 1 reagent for each 2 civs) as long as you play with the normal number of players on a map.

BUT, once you exceed a certain number of players (it differs per map size), the reagents spawning becomes buggy.
Ahh this helps to explain why some people have a lack of Reagents while others do not. I find Reagents to be very rare in my games. I most always decrease the number of players on any given map (did you test a decrease also?). I like seeing large areas of 'wildlands' in the mid game. And post BTS I've often been selecting huge maps and taking out 3-4 civs hoping that I can enjoy a huge map but avoid the blasted MAF.

Depending on what the team does for Reagents in Shadow, I think I'm going to mod my first wonder into the game. The Ard-Luibh (exalted garden), a National wonder which grants Reagents, Incense, Razorweed, or Gulagarm.

I'm pretty sure Yvain doesn't have Sorcery.

He's basically a Druid. Try him out.

I'm pretty sure him having Sanctify instead of Vitalize is a mixup in the code. I'll figure out how to change that myself and make him proper. He do knows Nature magic obviously as he can put upgrades into it.

Yvain the woodelf can't use Vitalize even though he's got Nature 3. However, he can use Sanctify without having Life 1.

Yvain doesn't have sorcery, so he cant cast Vitalize, the Nature III Sorcery spell.

Yvain does have Life I.

This is intended.

(although I would prefer it if he were also given Sorcery, while still having the life sphere. Alao, life magic would make more sense for Druids, since they are the ones "infused with the magic of Sucellus", the former god of nature/current god of life, while Yvain is the "Favorite son of Cernunnos", the new nature god.)

Top Bottom