FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

did that come up in an error message or did you do something to see those stuff Teg? I'm just wondering as maybe if I look further, I should be able to get more info.

That reminds me, there should be something in the event log, so I'll check that for my CTD issue.

Edit: nm, the info in the event log would only be useful for the game programmers.

.31d

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Armageddon Counter in my game seems a bit off. I've been going through the founders country capturing cities and inquisitioning the veil out, but nothing changes. I even razed the veil holy city with the stigmata in it and nothing. Is it a bug or have the events that effect the counter changed?

After using the installer, and trying to start the game with the included shortcut, I get the following error:

'This application has failed to start because BOOST_PYTHON-VC71-MT-1_32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.'

Needless to say, re-installing does not help, nor does installing the patch. I'd love to be able to play the latest edition of my favourite game, so any help is really appreciated!

I know I mentioned this in the FAQ thread, but after doing some searching about the issue with the info screen (with the graphs), I saw that this was mentioned in cosmetic issues with 1.30 and the post is pretty old.

So, I'm using the latest patch and the info screen with the power, score, etc graph only shows my own civ, not the others. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it since I find it an useful tool myself.

edit: oh yea, I just saw the python popups thing, I'll be sure to do that and then add that info to my CTD post, unless I should compile a new one.

did that come up in an error message or did you do something to see those stuff Teg? I'm just wondering as maybe if I look further, I should be able to get more info.

set 'HidePythonExceptions = 0' in the Civ4 config file (full path is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini for me)

set 'HidePythonExceptions = 0' in the Civ4 config file (full path is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini for me)

Well, the filepath in vista is a little more labrynthic, as in that it goes through alot of twists and turns. At least there is a really good search function that helps compensate when you know what you are looking for.

Anyways, should I add to the earlier post about the CTD or make a new one?

on second thought, I could make a new one (and delete the old one) since Kael and others might not know I updated it recently.

Python error messages won't help with CTDs. Usually Kael wants savegames so he can enter world builder and have a good guess as to what could cause the problem, then try to confirm that guess by removing the probable cause from the map.

well, there is some lag right before the CTD, so there may be something else involved and the CTD is just a side effect. It wouldn't hurt to turn the python error message notification on anyways.

edit: ok, no python error with that CTD :p, I did see a popup for some souls entering the empire or something. Still, I hope Kael can figure it out....

Well this must be only happening to me because I searched the thread and found nothing on this. Just killed Orthus... no axe? Map - fractal, playing as Hippus.

I'm still getting Mining for free when I start a game. So far, this is true of all civs, and I haven't researched anything, built a city, or got a goody hut. Still, it allows me to found RoK really early...

I'm still getting Mining for free when I start a game. So far, this is true of all civs, and I haven't researched anything, built a city, or got a goody hut. Still, it allows me to found RoK really early...

Which difficulty level are you doing? if you are using settler, that might explain it.

Hi!
First, great job on 0.31! Almost no more WoCs:D.
(And you guys take great care of your Scandinavian fans since the game was ready for download early morning Swedish time :D).
You may want to check out Repentant Angels Though. They seem to increase in strength rather than lose when they kill a living unit! My last war with the Mercurians they had three R.As, strength 23-44(!!!) roaming my lands and killing anything without breaking a sweat.
(I don't attach an upload since it was multiplayer and I understand these were harder to troubleshoot?!).
My friend also reported seeng the dwarf having nine Paladins outside his borders!
Cheers
Rankel

That is due to you leaving him next to their City and the building "Hall of Mirrors" which will create a temporary duplicate of one enemy unit in the tiles next to the city each turn.

So the main bug is that it needs to add a check to prevent the duplicate from gaining Weapon promotions, basically the same check which was placed on Alazkan the Assassin's Mirror Spell.

Thanks for the explanation. I was searching for a spell doing this in the civilopedia but couldn't find any. The description of the hall itself lacks a description, though even if I would have found it by myself, I wouldn't have known it had something to do with the duplicates. Work in progress, I know ...

Finished the game last night btw, my first cultural victory ever, including vanilla civ. Woohoo! 25000 points Cthulhu. :king:

Suggestion: It's more a logical issue and probably the same in Beyond the Sword, but I had to realize, that it is quite stupid to spend 50% hammers for culture. The culture produced this way will be added to the total amount of culture produced in the city last. Means it will not be multiplied with the percentages you get from buildings or civics! I can't believe that's intended, after you've already sacrificed half your hammers. (It's the same for gold and beakers btw).
I think the formula should be changed or alternatively allow 100% of the hammers to be transformed like in the Total Realism mod.

Attachments

• culture.png
    culture.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 100
.30 (haven't upgraded yet) other civs, even though friendly/pleased, will offer me a deal, but when I open it up to negotiation, they won't trade for the same deal they just offered.

That is a BtS issue which is a side effect from blocking the AI from accepting any resource in a trade which they already have.

Here is a fix for it, but this "Fix" just puts them back to refusing to accept any resource they already have. That doesn't actually do so well in FfH where you are rewarded for having multiple copies of a resource (primarily Mana for free spells and Affinities). But if you do not care about allowing the AI to gain those through trade, then this works fine.

Playing patch d as the Sheaim, and Blight happened twice now on my Civ, which it isn't supposed to do after patch c.

Also Armelanchier summoned Basium, and now I'm getting Holy Damage on all my units (happened twice now) ...

Remember my issue with elven racial promotion being applied to just about everything? Well, apparently that includes Krakens summoned by my Speakers. I am now the proud owner of 3 Elven Krakens. Yay for unholy Octopus Overlords genetic experiments :D

·Imhotep·;6658117 said:
Playing patch d as the Sheaim, and Blight happened twice now on my Civ, which it isn't supposed to do after patch c.

Also Armelanchier summoned Basium, and now I'm getting Holy Damage on all my units (happened twice now) ...

And now I'm getting a CTD. Save game is attached, just hit enter.

Imhotep

Top Bottom