FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

Good stuff sto, thanks. I'll get the amurite and malakim fixes in the next version.

The outcome depends on your civics.
- If you have CIVIC_GOD_KING you can choose whatever you want, you will get some turns of happines.
- With CIVIC_ARISTOCRACY the boy should take up his fathers position for the happines bonus.
- With CIVIC_CITY_STATES or CIVIC_REPUBLIC you should allow the people of the city to elect their own governor.
- With CIVIC_THEOCRACY you should allow the church to decide who should lead the city.

If you don't decide like above you will get some "anger time".

PS: I very like the way this event works :)
Wow - I never realized that. That being said, what a waste of an event to make it this interesting and then just have it grant temporary happiness...
All events like this should at least have it grant permanent happiness, possibly +2 or +3 - after all, it's only a single city and you made the right choice. Or, alternatively, make it grant some other bonus (e.g. +X commerce to the city tile, or, perhaps more fitting to the event, make it vastly reduce maintenance in the city, either directly or by giving you a building called "Popular governor" or something like that), but at least it should be changed to have at least some impact/effect.
EDIT: I meant to edit this into my last post, but clicked too fast...unintentional double-posting. Sorry.
yes, the temporary happiness bonus is boring for such a nice event...

I can't remember the name, but seems like most (every?) game the barbarian Dragon founds a city. I've actually tried to go attack it a couple times, but never can find a unit that isn't "scared" and refuses.

Well, the AI doesn't seem smart about that "scared" trait either. 2 AI civilizations had amassed huge groups (15+ units) right next to the dragon city and they just sat there doing nothing. Maybe they were trying over and over to attack, but always denied?

Made for an easy mop up for me given all their units were busy watching the dragon light its farts or something. :)

I can't remember the name, but seems like most (every?) game the barbarian Dragon founds a city. I've actually tried to go attack it a couple times, but never can find a unit that isn't "scared" and refuses.

Well, the AI doesn't seem smart about that "scared" trait either. 2 AI civilizations had amassed huge groups (15+ units) right next to the dragon city and they just sat there doing nothing. Maybe they were trying over and over to attack, but always denied?

Made for an easy mop up for me given all their units were busy watching the dragon light its farts or something. :)
Acheron's the one, and he doesn't found a city so much as get built for fairly low :hammers: by a barb city. What you need to be able to attack it is Undead, Demons, or the Courage promotion (Spirit I). The AI has been horrible about this for a long time... even when they're at war with each other their stacks will each just sit on opposite sides of Acheron and soak up Meteors. They are trying to attack, just getting feared. And they weren't just watching the dragon light its farts, they were also getting killed by them :lol:

Why does the wonder Theatre of Dreams have an iConquestProb of 25 when every other wonder has 100. intentional or oversight. I was disappointed when I wook over a city with it in it and did not get the wonder.

I played the Sheaim as Tebryn Arbandi (e.g. with the Summoner trait) and my Death 2 summons (Spectres) were able to get promotions. This may or may not be intended (although the Summoner trait is more or less useless without this), but in any case, my Wraiths couldn't get any promotions.
I don't know what the intended behaviour is, but it is currently not consistent and the same problem might arise with other non-permanent summons that manage to somehow survive one round (due to Summoner Trait, unit abilities, etc.). I have only used Spectres and Wraiths in that game, so I don't know about the rest.

I admit, im playing Marnoks modmod & just started Vehems modmod, but whilst playing Marnoks one, i also noted some unpromoted Wraiths throughout my game, having the aura around them, seems they are not willing to promote!
Really cant remember to have seen one promoted Wraith after all.
I dunno if it is part of core FFH!

Well after a full re-installation, things are better but still not good. However I guess there is some progress. My last errors was:

File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\NiDX9Ren derer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp.Line:321

But now I'm getting line 1039 (or something like that) However, I've noticed something about these crashes. Sometimes when it crashes, my whole system goes to like 12bit color like some old computer and I have to reboot. Other times I get the exact same error, yet I just get a CtD and everything is fine graphically.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going wrong?

032 patchL

I've got an issue with the elven promotion too (or perhaps this is just from illusion). Playing svartalfar, with alkazan the assassin, i've tried to attack barbatos on a forest tile. I make the mirror : with the original assassin got about 50% odd with +10% from forest tile for barbatos, but with the illusion (exactly the same without the elven promotion) i've got about 74% odd and the +10% forest bonus disappear from barbatos.

Illusions have deathimmunity, and Barbatos hass some deathstrength, so the Illusion has better chances

Illusions have deathimmunity, and Barbatos hass some deathstrength, so the Illusion has better chances

Thank you, didn't know that.

Tcho!

There appear to be two Barnaxus in the game I'm playing. Or I should say, Barnaxus and his pieces. Let's see....
I just killed a Sheim ghost of fairly high level with a summoned Balor. Apparently that unit was carrying the pieces of Barnaxus as my Balor is now standing in them. I can see Barnaxus is a couple tiles away in another stack (among several stacks that are camping around Acheron's town, do you think we could fix that soon?).
So....do ghosts get an item stealing ability or something? The Luchiurp and Sheim are friendly, so that ghost was probably occupying the same space as Barnaxus not too long ago...
Geh, very odd.

That can be fun?

Quote from Barnaxus - "Has anyone seen my arm, I must have misplaced it when I took a nap".

PS
Sorry for the hijacking.

Edit: In some recent WB testing I did regarding Barnaxus and his pieces, so yes a I was able to steal a "Pieces of Barnaxus" from him, leaving him fully alive (or not alive in his case).

you can either go into advanced/options/graphics there is an option to turn movies OFF, thats what you could have easily found yourself or open the Civilization.ini and search for movies and turn it off there....

Ah, that solved it.

it seems installing the 3.17 patch reset all settings to defaults, I coulda sworn I had em already turned off there and in the ini, pretty sure I had checked there as well but...

No crash for me aswell. I attached the savegame from the next turn, maybe you can continue playing with that one.

I tried your save and I eventually got another CTD a couple turns later. I dumped that game, started a new one, and at about the same time (turn 392), I'm getting CTD's while waiting for the other players. I suspect there may be something wrong with Amurites since I'm not getting CTD's with other races (so far).

Attachments

• Logs Amurites 392.rar
    24.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Dain AD-0392.CivBeyondSwordSave
    292.6 KB · Views: 55
There appear to be two Barnaxus in the game I'm playing. Or I should say, Barnaxus and his pieces. Let's see....
I just killed a Sheim ghost of fairly high level with a summoned Balor. Apparently that unit was carrying the pieces of Barnaxus as my Balor is now standing in them. I can see Barnaxus is a couple tiles away in another stack (among several stacks that are camping around Acheron's town, do you think we could fix that soon?).
So....do ghosts get an item stealing ability or something? The Luchiurp and Sheim are friendly, so that ghost was probably occupying the same space as Barnaxus not too long ago...
Geh, very odd.

Does the Balseraph Hall of Mirrors affect Barnaxus? If it did, and they were in the game, had built the wonder, and Barney stood too close, that could explain it...

Played with OO again, haven't done that for while. Noticed that Kraken isn't HN anymore, when was that removed? (that was so fun, a Str 13 "pirate":sad:)

CTD on Version "L":

Im playing Amurites and heavily using the "Domination" spell. I wonder if I've forced myself into having too many of one type of unit or something.

Anyways, here is the savegame. Its random seed on reload but 4 out of 4 attempts to reload has produced a CTD.... Guess I wont be completing my first game as the Amurites!

Attachments

• Darren AD-0396.CivBeyondSwordSave
    520.6 KB · Views: 54
Wierd, sounds like something strange is going on with the Amurites. I haven't checked the savegame out yet, but when I'm finished with the current game, I'll check out the amurites.

Has the Boar Rider unit been removed from the game?

Playing as Kandros Fir I have researched Archery and Stirrups, have Pig (3 instances with pastures), and have a Stable, but I am unable to build this unit.

Apologies if I missed the changelog eliminating the unit - it is still listed in the Civlopedia.

Top Bottom