FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

I've had two games where a settler was placed next to barbatos the lich.

I've had two games where a settler was placed next to barbatos the lich.

Uh, you shouldn't talk. I have tried to start a nice game all day, but always ended up on the smallest island in the world, or next to the damn lich, or even more funny on the largest continent in the world (this is the one I kept). This largest one I am on turn 350 now (standard) and yes I am fighting for my life, there is barbarians everywhere (it is the tect... something mapscript). Earlier in this forum I was whining about how patethic the barbarians was and now I am paying for that comment.

Oh, yes here is an oldie (but since it is never corrected, I guess we all will keep commenting on it until Kael say that he will not fix this or until he do). I got the volcano event twice, but there was no volcano the second time (the same can be said about the mushroom event).

If you play one of the barbarian friendly civs, starting next to Barbatos isn't as much of an issue.

Maybe he is putting the fixes for the volcano bug (and related) in .33, just hasn't said much about it yet.

Lunatics can apparently take the Enraged promotion on level up. Probably related to the Undead/Golem promotion issues mentioned previously. No WB involved, playing on a Large Creation map as Sandalphon.

Yeah, every unit can retake any promotion that it started with. This is a known bug, which I think the 3.17 patch introduced.

I think that xienwolf said this actually only applies to promotions that don't have (or need) any tech requirement because they don't have any unit combats. Gving these promotions TECH_NEVER might fix this.

(Hmm...I wonder if this could also let you give units promotions that are not usually available to their unitcombat? You could make it start with the promotion in the xml but remove it in python when the unit was built, then let it get the promotion later. Probably more trouble than it is worth though.)

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just some bizarre AI...

I am playing as Grigori and Minister Koun is in the game (of course!). This time he doesn't seem to be allied with Auric Ulvin (different scores), however, he is listed as Illians.

Anyway, he keeps building cities on my border. I keep sending the Stooges to take out defenders without declaring war thinking a barb unit would come along and take the city - which I can then either take or raze.

However, all of Koun's cities sit without defenders. Barb units like Wolf Riders, Axemen, etc. go right past the cities and don't try to take them. Koun, I noticed, is even settling new cities without any defenders. Again, the barbs ignore these cities and move into my territory.

I don't believe Koun is at peace with the barbs. One of his traits in Agnostic and I think the other is Financial? I don't see the BAR trait.

Why are the barbs ignoring these juicy defenderless cities?

wierd, do those cities still have the defense percentage thing on them? Normally that is useless if there are no defenders, but sounds like some strange AI screwyness here. It seems like both a bug and a screwy AI.

Kael, any ETA on .33? just wondering. :)

It seems like this 'bug' comes up in each new version of FFH and I am involved in a game that it impacts. IMO this notion that Werewolves are afraid of anyone/anything is silly. I mean, are there really any FFH units packing heat loaded with silver bullets?;)

Playing as Grigori, I am at war with the Infernals and Hyborem stupidly strolls into my territory alone (see Basium thread on more brilliant AI moves like this!). No problem though as I can send a pack of Werewolves (2 Greater, 7 Blooded) led by the Baron himself to greet him.

Every single one of them was unable to attack Hyborem because of Fear! All had Loyalty, but, of course, cannot be given Courage. The wimps are afraid of Hyborem??!!

Other than the Undead and maybe Demons, I would think Werewolves would be the most fearless in the game and be able to attack any unit.

So, once again, I am making the recommendation that:

a. Werewolves (or maybe all Animal/Beast units) be Immune to Fear or

b. They be able to get the Courage promotion. They can get Loyalty, but not Courage:confused:

I thank you for your consideration as do Werewolves everywhere who are tired of being called pantywaists. :)

Not really a bug, but a new "feature" that is a bit overused and a little annoying IMO...

It seems like whenever I take a city, by whatever means, a nearby civ prompts a message something like: "Don't you want to turn this city over to XYZ civ and make them happy - they really deserve it!"

Bah, why would I take the city if I didn't want it? OK, maybe there are a few reasons, but mostly I take, rather than raze, a city because I intend to keep it. The message comes up every few turns adding to the annoyance.

Often it just doesn't seem appropriate either.

For example, in my last game my ally Basium and I are at war with the Hippus. I take a city that is between the border of my territory and the Mercurians. Don't you know that after the unrest settles down, I get the message that I should turn the city over to the Mercurians to make them happy? It is showing as about 90% Hippus and 10% my civ - nothing for the Mercurians except that it is on their border.

If you are at war and take one or more cities from the enemy and then have peace, you can be sure you will constantly get this message.

As I said, not a bug, and not really a big deal, but do we really need this feature in the game?

Apologies if I should have found another thread for this.

Don't you get diplomacy bonus by freeing a city?
I agree it is very annoying, but sometimes it can help to switch an enemy from angry to cautious or something in order to get a tech or open borders or whatever.

Edit: You don't need that question in order to be able to free a city though.

Sarisin turn of advisor messages in options. There's no reason to have them on, they just give bad advice, the one you're talking about being the worst of them all.

Sarisin turn of advisor messages in options. There's no reason to have them on, they just give bad advice, the one you're talking about being the worst of them all.

Yeah, I guess you are right, but old habits die hard and I have always left that dumb advisor on. Actually, most messages are easily ignored and not so annoying, but for some reason this one seems awfully persistent. :(

It seems like whenever I take a city, by whatever means, a nearby civ prompts a message something like: "Don't you want to turn this city over to XYZ civ and make them happy - they really deserve it!"
Often it just doesn't seem appropriate either.
For example, in my last game my ally Basium and I are at war with the Hippus. I take a city that is between the border of my territory and the Mercurians. Don't you know that after the unrest settles down, I get the message that I should turn the city over to the Mercurians to make them happy? It is showing as about 90% Hippus and 10% my civ - nothing for the Mercurians except that it is on their border.
That's nothing. In my last game, I settled three cities, as was asked to "return" them to the a diffrent civ each, on of which was on the other side of a sea. I settled them, and it's asking to return them.
Edit: Yes, I know I can turn off Advisors, just that it's usually not so annoying.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just some bizarre AI...

I am playing as Grigori and Minister Koun is in the game (of course!). This time he doesn't seem to be allied with Auric Ulvin (different scores), however, he is listed as Illians.

There are two different events that can spawn Minister Koun. In one, he becomes independent but allied to the parent civilization, while in the other he becomes entirely independent of the parent civilization. In both cases, he will be of the same civilization as the parent (so, in this case, the Illians).

Anyway, he keeps building cities on my border. I keep sending the Stooges to take out defenders without declaring war thinking a barb unit would come along and take the city - which I can then either take or raze.

However, all of Koun's cities sit without defenders. Barb units like Wolf Riders, Axemen, etc. go right past the cities and don't try to take them. Koun, I noticed, is even settling new cities without any defenders. Again, the barbs ignore these cities and move into my territory.

I don't believe Koun is at peace with the barbs. One of his traits in Agnostic and I think the other is Financial? I don't see the BAR trait.

Why are the barbs ignoring these juicy defenderless cities?

Does Minister Koun control Nox Noctis? Maybe you can't see his defenders.

Nox Noctis only makes units invisible that aren't in cities.

According to this thread, the Amurites won't trade technologies, ever. Is this intentional?
I figure they wouldn't easily trade arcane techs away, but except for that, they'd have plenty of reasons to trade techs, wouldn't they?

It was my understanding of the Nox that you still saw units garrisoned in cities. Did this change?

It could be just another case of bad AI, with the barbs tunnel visioning on your civ and ignoring Koun.

(Do the barbs have a diplomacy score? I know they can be 'allied' with if you have the barbaric trait, but are they actually a civ who hate everyone or just lots of angry units? If they have a score, maybe they just hate you more.)

This may have already been brought up by others, but encountered a very annoying pathing behaviour today. Playing as the Mercurians, units would move sometimes move around on their own before attacking.

Let me explain that a little better. Mercurian army parked outside enemy city. I tell a unit to attack and it moves over to an adjacant square, attacking from there. Thus leaving it exposed to counter attack. Now they didn't all do it, seemed to be my Angels of death, and Basium. And no wasn't standing too far away. Some would stay in the stack and attack, others jump over one square.

There was a road on the tile to units moved to, and all units that moved before attacking had the commando promotion and multiple movement, right?

That's actually a vanilla civ4/BtS issue. Moving to the tile with the road and attacking from there costs 1+1/3 movement, while attacking from where they were before would have costed 2 movement. So if you use the goto-command (or right mousebutton) to issue the attack order the units will move to the tile with the road and attack from there, because it costs less movement.
It might be possible to make them attack without moving if you use the keypad to issue the attack order, but I'm not completely sure if that will work.

Other possible "workarounds" would be:
-attacking from another tile that already has a road
-attacking from a tile that has no tiles with a road next to it

Top Bottom