FfH2 Bug Thread

Anyone getting heavy blights lately?

I got hit by blight. 39 :yuck: (when i noticed something was odd) in a city with 10 pop. Cities reduced to 1 soon after and stayed there for many many turns. As far as I could tell it was only Blight and not the pestilence thingie combo.

The AI doesn't seem to value founding religions at all anymore in 0.41. Two games in a row now (Huge, prince, normal speed, 18 civs) no religions were founded before turn 300 (Rok and FoL used to be around 100-150).

It seems all civs now first go for archery (in a High to Low-game the Hippies had archery before horseback riding). Maybe to counter rushes or to avoid being destroyed by barbarians. (But i rarely rush and, contrary to most people here, i miss the good old days when half the world was wiped by barbarians and only the strong and lucky survived).

What turn was it (and what game speed)? Also, was the Clan the strongest civ at any point? If a Barbarian trait civ gets too far ahead the peace with the real barbarians ends.

around turn 700 (epic speed, monarch) ... they were in last place being dogpiled on another continent, but, i suppose were probably strong at the start of the game. thanks for pointing out that they can lose the peace!

My game keeps crashing at turn 833. I'm playing as the Amurites. Settler difficulty. (My first game on .41) Huge Map, 16 civs, I think. I've attached the autosave for turn 832. Regardless of what I do, the game crashes after I hit 'end turn.'

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0832.CivBeyondSwordSave
    836.5 KB · Views: 41
I was able to play a couple of turns on your save without crashing. You may have installed an old version of 0.41, in which there was a problem that caused crashes. That problem has been fixed in the latest version of 0.41. If you still have the installer you used, check to see if the size is 376,681 KB. If not, or if you no longer have the installer, then delete the "Fall From Heaven 2" folder, redownload the installer from the link in the first post of this thread, and reinstall the mod. That should fix the crash.

Patch "a" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed a graphic error with the Dwarven Smithy.
2. Fixed a graphic error withe Adularia Chamber.
3. Fixed a graphic error with the Amurite Archer.
4. Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when the game starts if the Hyborem menu is selected (thanks to Zifnab!).
5. Fixed an issue with the Decius model (he would show up as a red blob).

Yesterday I installed Civ4 and BtS on a new computer, which hasn't run it before. After I patched to 3.17e, I installed FFH2 0.41 (376,681 KB) which reminds me that I should install the 3.17 patch. But I had installed it before, as I said. Nevertheless, after this message I could install FFH2, followed by the media pack. Then I started a new game.

Some minutes ago I wanted to install patch a, but it can't find FFH2, too (see attachment). Obviously the version checking mechanism seems to fail, so please get rid of it, I want to play with patches. :(

Yesterday I installed Civ4 and BtS on a new computer, which hasn't run it before. After I patched to 3.17e, I installed FFH2 0.41 (376,681 KB) which reminds me that I should install the 3.17 patch. But I had installed it before, as I said. Nevertheless, after this message I could install FFH2, followed by the media pack. Then I started a new game.

Some minutes ago I wanted to install patch a, but it can't find FFH2, too (see attachment). Obviously the version checking mechanism seems to fail, so please get rid of it, I want to play with patches. :(

:agree:

for the record: using Civ4 Complete Edition - it uses a different registry key then the standalone game so I guess the patch installer is looking for the install path in the registry?

there's problem: when i adopt religion, cottages dissappear from the map and loading saved game crashes civ, this issue was met in multipleer, reinstall and patch "a" doesn't work.

there's problem: when i adopt religion, cottages dissappear from the map and loading saved game crashes civ, this issue was met in multipleer, reinstall and patch "a" doesn't work.

You are both using the very first upload of 0.41. You need to redownload the main mod and reinstall it. It was blind revved to fix both of these issues.

The 376,681 KB version is the old version? Because that's the one I downloaded after the fixed version had supposedly been uploaded. Haven't tried it yet so I can't say anything about functionality, I can say that patch a applied correctly for me though.

The AI doesn't seem to value founding religions at all anymore in 0.41. Two games in a row now (Huge, prince, normal speed, 18 civs) no religions were founded before turn 300 (Rok and FoL used to be around 100-150).
Can second this. The game can be very boring if this is how it is supposed to be. I have (latest .41a version) have played a series of games and up to very late no one has any religion unless you spread yours or the game is late. Okey I am not playing on the most difficult settings of all (Large Noble) but I think something is a miss here or?

Originally the 0.41 installer would refuse to install FfH2 if BtS v3.17 was not detected. The current version of the installer, which you are using, simply reminds the user that they must have installed the 3.17 patch in order for FfH2 to run. That is the message you saw, and it appears even if the patch is installed because the installer no longer attempts to determine whether it is installed; the warning appears for everyone, and does not indicate a problem.

There is no version checking on patch A either. It simply looks for FfH2 0.41 to be installed on your computer. The error message you received is the result of an invalid location being provided to the installer. When you launch the Patch A Installer you are given the opportunity to select the location of Fall From Heaven 2. By default the location provided should be your "Civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods" folder, which should be correct. If some other location were to appear, or if the user mistakenly changes the path to "Civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall From Heaven 2" then the patch will be unable to install correctly.

I seem to have come upon my first prob ever. I was playing a game w amurites last night (41). This morning i noticed patch a so i ran it. Now the load game causes the game to crash out to windows. It seems I can start a new one, but if i try to load my amurite game it crashes.

I am able to successfully load your save with 0.41a. I suspect that you may be using an old version of 0.41. The latest version of the 0.41 installer corrects some problems with the earlier versions, including one where saved games crash on load.

I suggest that you delete the installer you used (if you still have it), delete your "Fall From Heaven 2" folder, download and install the latest version of 0.41, and then reinstall patch A. That should fix the problem, and you will be able to continue your game.

Top Bottom