fighter tally number separates from fighters on carrier

clif9710

Warlord
Here is the scenario playing Civ V with the latest patch on a WinXP machine.

I base three fighters on a carrier sitting at one of my coastal cities

I move the carrier to another continent but as I do so I notice that the number 3 indicating the quantity of aircraft,remains at the tile next to my coastal city.

The icon for the carrier and the icon for the fighters move together across the ocean as they should. If I click on the fighter icon, I get the list of 3 as I should, but, again, the floating number 3 is back at the tile off the home port, not with the carrier/fighters

When I arrive at the enemy continent, I send off the fighters to hit an enemy city. All the while, the number 3 is still sitting back next to my coastal city. The fighters return to the carrier with only slight damage.

On the next turn, when I attempt to send the fighters off again...they are gone! The icon for the fighters is no longer with the carrier, so there is no way to call the list up to send them on a mission.

Back at my coastal city, the number 3 still hovers and when I click it, I get the list of three fighters showing they are ready for a mission, but if I select one, nothing happens - there is no group of flashing white tiles indicating mission range as would normally be the case.

To sum up

> fighter tally list doesn't stay with the fighters themselves, but stays behind as the carrier with fighters leaves.
> after only one sortie from the carrier all three fighters disappear, but the fighter tally list still remains by itself back at the home port.
> if I select a fighter from the list, nothing happens.

I was going to post myself on this bug but clif9710 beat me to it. I too confirm the carrier aircraft banner bug, having the latest patch and all. This only happens with a carrier, the city aircraft banners have been fixed in a previous patch.

My only difference from clif9710 is that I can normally select the carrier aircrafts and send them on a mission. But whenever I select them and conduct a mission, the banner is doomed to duplicate itself in that position and remain there no matter where the carrier is. The false banners will only disappear if I save and reload.

EDIT: I should also mention this happens with Guided Missles on Missle Cruisers and Submarines. It probably happens with Nuclear Missles too, but I haven't got one yet.

Top Bottom