Final Fixes Reborn

Another possibility would be to move the "Doviello+" entry and other appropriate entries into a new Civilopedia section, maybe called something like "Rise from Erebus/Ashes of Erebus Concepts." That would help people coming from base FfH2 or other modmods.

Also, I know that the Doviello in RifE and AoE have been changed a lot since base FfH2, so don't know if you're looking to make further changes there. You probably remember there were several threads back then -- before even Fall Further, I think -- that generated a lot of discussion. I poked around and found the links in case you might be interested.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276001

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=290591 (Xienwolf in particular posted some really interesting thoughts in this discussion)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=347119

I don't really have strong feelings on this -- as I said, I know the Doviello were changed quite a lot from base FfH2, so might not need to do much more with them other than adding the missing buildings that you noted.

I haven't got to reviewing the doviello yet, but a quick look tells me they don't really need much more (they already have the weapon scavenging, the challenges, the animal blood), apart from maybe an interesting emergent leader or two.

What might happen is that they are given some changes along with the others 'less civilized' civs (thinking mainly archos and clan, maybe chislev, i need to check them again) to make the difference between those and the more 'refined' ones more obvious. (One of the things that was discussed at some point in rife development is to make a more shamanic magic system for them for example )
Some of the things mentioned in those threads could be used that way, i particularly like the negative war weariness and the uprooting of cities for example.

In any case, it's long term stuff ^^

I haven't got to reviewing the doviello yet, but a quick look tells me they don't really need much more (they already have the weapon scavenging, the challenges, the animal blood), apart from maybe an interesting emergent leader or two.

What might happen is that they are given some changes along with the others 'less civilized' civs (thinking mainly archos and clan, maybe chislev, i need to check them again) to make the difference between those and the more 'refined' ones more obvious. (One of the things that was discussed at some point in rife development is to make a more shamanic magic system for them for example )
Some of the things mentioned in those threads could be used that way, i particularly like the negative war weariness and the uprooting of cities for example.

In any case, it's long term stuff ^^

Fair enough. For me, reading those threads was mainly a nice walk down memory lane, revisiting the earlier days of FfH when so many ideas were kicking around.

Bug report:
Description: Playing as the Mekara Order, creating battle slugga crashes the game every time. The crash is immediate and without any error messages. There is also no sound associated with the crash.
How to replicate: Put a slave inside an eligible city. Click the slave. Click the create battle slugga button.
Mod Version: The standard one from the opening post. Not the SVN.

Bug report:
Description: Playing as the Mekara Order, creating battle slugga crashes the game every time. The crash is immediate and without any error messages. There is also no sound associated with the crash.
How to replicate: Put a slave inside an eligible city. Click the slave. Click the create battle slugga button.
Mod Version: The standard one from the opening post. Not the SVN.

I'm gonna assume that ronkhar has already fixed this in the svn, as i'm unable to replicate it in it.

Graphics problem, see attached screenshot.

I didn't build the unit, but captured it via Domination. Playing as the Doiello, adopted FoL, had a Satyr cast Domination on an Elohim Crossbowman -- before I captured it it looked normal, but became a red blob after capture. This didn't happen with any other unit I captured via Domination.

Dominated units take the graphics of the civ that captured them, so your crossbowman was switched to doviello crossbowman specific graphics (which are missing from the current normal build). It's fixed in SVN.

How stable is the SVN build right now? Is it playable or does it crash and stuff?

i haven't got any crash since i got back (apart from the ones i caused myself ^^), so i'd say it's quite stable (it's basically the latest version but with additional bug fixes). It might become less stable in a few revs, depending on how ronkhar wants to handle the emergent leader thing.

Is it compatible with old save games? I have a game ongoing and fear I might disrupt it.

Thanks anyway. I'll just wait until I finish off this game than. I only have some 50 odd turns until my permanent ally completes the altar so that should not take long.

Another bug regarding the Mekaran Order's Slugas. I'm using the SVN version of it (can confirm the battle Sluga crash bug has been fixed in this).

When I have an overseer with two attached basic worker Slugas, if they run into a city, both slugas come out of the overseers command, and for some reason there are then 4 slugas instead of the 2. It's easily worked around (delete the two slugas that shouldn't exist, recommand the slugas), but irritating. Don't know if it prevents stationing slugas+overseers in cities for extra hammers, will experiment further.

I just noticed that this mod has a menu for the FFH2 scenarios. Can you actually play those using it?

Out of curiosity, is the affinity code tied to mana or can I grant a unit affinity for any resource, like say wheat?

Great. I was not really too keen on having to figure out how to make a new mana type. IIRC that requires DLL access. Adding a new resource and calling it mana sounds easier.

Top Bottom