Final Fixes Reborn

So apparently there was another folder for beyond the sword settings, Deleting that fixed it. For some reason. Might just be correlation.

Hi all.

It's been awhile since we stopped by. Our little group is still playing 14.11 almost daily - way better game than AOW3, CIV6 etc.
Any news on getting multiplayer to work again, as in 14.11?
We tried basically every iteration from the first SVN versions with an executable up until the latest versions, but SVN Ashes just crashes to Desktop when starting new games.
It seems the focus is on single-player functionality expansion, or how is it?
Anything a group of non-coders can do to help getting multiplayer to work?

Thanks a lot for the good work!
Anti

i'm not explicitely focusing on single-player, it's just the only thing i can test. ( i do test direct ip games with only one player and it seems to work ). As for your crashes, first all try to delete your cache, it sometimes help. As for helping, starting next revision i'll commit both the normal dll and the debug version.
the debug version displays a ton of error messages, most are begign but it'll help me to know the last message you get before crash. (also if you manage to have the initial autosave, i can look at it).

Just got the SVN version, first game played perfectly; every try after that either crashes before I see the map, loads the map but doesn't give me any UI to play with or loads a "map" that's just flat grassland and marshes with no UI. Also my computer doesn't want to open the mod through the launcher, but that's less annoying.

could someone please explain why building workers/settlers stops city growth?

i can't rememeber if that's the default CIV 4 functionality, but it baiscally ruins every single game.

workers/settlers already take 10-20 turns to build, but in addittion you also get punished by having your city "frozen" for a very long time.

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...

i can't rememeber if that's the default CIV 4 functionality, but it baiscally ruins every single game.

workers/settlers already take 10-20 turns to build, but in addittion you also get punished by having your city "frozen" for a very long time.

Default CIV4 functionality. Hence why the Austrin "Prepare Settlement" ability is so powerful - means they can expand and grow at the same time.

it"s a basic cIV function (and civ 2 and 3 worked the same) where you can build your settlers and workers quicker than units... because you use FOOD to build them. The corrolary is that you don't grow.

In Ashes of Erebus it ´s not so important to have a big empire just from the scratch, it ´s more important in the beginning to build up city defence and economy compared to vanilla Civ 4 where the KI tries to prevent your expandation with quickly founded cities close to your borders and capital. So it should not be such a big problem if you expand your empire slower as you used to in Civ4 before.

Btw. It would be cool if there would be a trailer or Gameplay youtube video for this great mod, I checked for it to suggest this mod to a friend but just found few old Rise from Erebus videos in poor quality. :undecide: It would also be good for catching new players, I guess. :)

it"s a basic cIV function (and civ 2 and 3 worked the same) where you can build your settlers and workers quicker than units... because you use FOOD to build them. The corrolary is that you don't grow.
Well... "quicker" - they do cost more to compensate as well, so they still end up taking more time.

Hi!

First: English is not my native languae. I try my best. :)

I may have run into a bug...or into feature i just don't understand.

I am unable to found the octopus overlords or ashen veil religion, because it is not possible to research the technology. The button is red, as if it where a technology wich is not suposed to be researchable (like the lanun one).

Is there something wrong - or are there certain conditions with have to be fullfilled to make these technologies researchabe (like a certain armagedon-value or some random event)?

If this should not be this way - any ideas on how to fix this?
If it should be this way - what are the conditions with have to be fullfilled?

Two possibilities i can see for that :
1) either you had some hidden options deactivating religions (start a play-now game first when you change mods to reset hidden options, though it won't change it for your current game)
2) or if you played with the svn version, i did some tweaks to tech stuff, but it shouldn't have caused that. I'll look into it (if 1 doesn't work, please upload a save)

That was it. :)
Thanks!

I thought of this before, but since i never deactivated any religion in vanilla FFH before, i thought it must have been something else...and i didn't know that a play-now game resets anything. ^^

Thank you for this fast answer/solution. No more sleep for me, have to call the deep ones.

had a python exception whenever a unit attacked, fixed by changing:
Code:
if pCity.getOwner().hasTrait(Trait["Lycanthropic"]):
to
Code:
if gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner()).hasTrait(Trait["Lycanthropic"]):
(line 2986, CvEventManager.py)
(I'm assuming the code is right? it stops the exception but my python is quite rusty)

also AoE seems to crash a lot and have a lot of unspecified C++ errors on map generation. If it gets past them (seems to be luck), then the game works fine, but sometimes needs to be restarted a few times to get a map to generate with no errors.

Ok, I'm stumpered. Why am I not getting the option to enable or disable Acheron and world spells? When I create my game it tells me both are disabled, but the option doesn't appear in my custom game options.

Top Bottom