Final Fixes Reborn

I have absolutely no idea what is happening there. Though i think i've got similar report. I'll investigate to see if i can find something.

That sounds like you don't have 3.19. If you're using steam, you need to opt-in to the "unsupported-original release" beta.
Easy problem, easy solution. Thanks!

Stephanos has entered Sidar's light mist and destroyed a worker. Does Stephanos have 3 perception? Is there any other units who have 3 or more perception?

a number of specialized units start with 3, including some animal units. It can also be gained - but for a demon hero like Steph yeah that's not a stretch at all.

I have an update on my civ reviews I wanted to share.

I played out a scenario with all the unique secondary trait leaders like Ophelia, Corane, Zaria Scheras, Reorx, Halfmorn, Lorelei Coral, etc paired in two civ teams. Also those that have a unique characteristic like Auric Ulvin, Risen Emperor, Jamal Dhakar, and Decius.
It meant multiple occurances of the Amurites which made life interesting. With Barbarian world of course - on load 14.4.7. It ran smooth without interruption to 646 at 6 MB of game memory per save on my machine which sometimes marks the point where that is a challenge on a crowded map, but turns got slow.
As Decius leader of the Malakim I was paired with Yakut-Kuriotates which worked pretty well. Some highlights of the game and challenges:
Although I had a favorable start I soon fell behind. It seemed to take forever for my workers to build anything - their priorities kept shifting or reacting to dangers. And the rapid desertification can be a handicap as well as a benefit. (Its almost a bit too negative for my liking akin to D'teshi wasteleand - a cancer when you capture a verdant area and it slowly turns to sand) I also could not capture any animal units at a time when I was very vulnerable - though I had the promotion.

For the very longest time I only had access to bronze as a resource while I was fighting scions khazad and amurites - they were starting to equip mithril before I could find iron, and mithril was another long wait. I confess I used worldbuilder to cleanse some of my remaining viable beastmaster, ranger and camel archer units that became withered, undead estranged and crazed, after I lost more than a few. Things were just going too slow and I had my hands full.
Something Malakim have to pay attention to is the unpredictability of their movement pattern. With their desert mobility and intermittent roads they'll sometimes take a much longer route through dangerous territory when you just want to go two places forward, or their actual movement radius is quite different than the game seems to indicate, and half the army gets left behind along the way. I had to compensate a few times by replotting a few moves to save stranded units - though I also broke spellstaffs trying to do it.

Decius as you know can create the unique units even national units of other civs - as long as at least one is your national flavour. So I had battlemages, centaur guards, boarding parties, etc. Interestingly, with good alignment I could upgrade rangers to spawn 4 Scion-like Redactors, when the equivalent druid is only available to neutral alignments. Eventually I had a weird undead or even demon entourage, and nightmares. That was ok since the world was going to hell in a handbasket - mostly evil rivals and a lot of Ashen Veil but the counter really climbed under Auric who had the Prophecy mark, then completed Draw, Drifa and eventually Auric Ascended.

But the biggest surge towards Armageddon was really strange, after defeating Hyborem I picked up former demon cities that had populations of 60+ even 147, that I deeded to Yakut who created an isolated colony vassal rather than try to maintain as they contracted. Along came a random Ira that razed two of them and in one turn the counter jumped by over 40 to 80+. I contended with demons hell land and all the world spells and curses thrown in. I'm not sure what mechanic caused that (was it related to Decius's unique ability when I inherited the cities?) I had to enforce peace with Seven Pines and undo some of the damage with Glory Everlasting, one time rituals. And forgot to mention, if the counter is still out of control, you are better off to raze the ashen veil holy city than keep it - as in my case the counter went up more, which doesn't help unless of course you're the Sheaim or Calabim I took it from.

More than most games played I really had to pay attention to diplomacy which was hard to maintain as the world heated up. I had one big break that was equally strange-
The first time I entered Mirror of Heaven, with 16 units, I suddenly gained 16 hero lightbringers I was able to upgrade into various units; Luridus, Archmage, Beastmaster, Paladin etc, though it was difficult to predict or plan what unit upgrades were available to choose.

Eventually I achieved dominance and built a contiguous empire reaching to the only other good team, fellow Empyreans Gimil-Luchuirp and Elder Malasa-Hamstalfvar. I gained a lot of great generals and for the first time had a number of units well over 200 even 300 xp. Though I received notice of a map to find the Godslayer, I never found it, nor did I encounter Auric Ascended in a bitter campaign - perhaps fortunate though I was looking forward to it. All in all an unusual scenario.

Last edited:
Is there continued development for this modmod? It looked like the latest update was 2014, but the board activity seems pretty frequent.

First of all, thank you to all the modders for keeping this going, and thanks to everyone in the forums for helping me with my many Windows 10 related questions. I never had any problems until I upgraded to the new OS :/

Couple questions (Did a search and didn't find answers, but apologies if I missed them somewhere).

1) Has anyone come up with a fix for the "sqlite[S8]: attempt to write a readonly database" problem that occurs in Windows 10 when trying to update the SVN version? The only workaround I have found came from the C2C threads, and it basically was:
  1. Create your SVN copy outside of your Programs folder.
  2. Copy that copy into your BtS Mods folder.
This works, but anytime I want to update the SVN, I have to repeat the process entirely from scratch and do a full overwrite of the copy in the BtS Mods folder. If I try to update the SVN folder directly from the BtS Mods folder, even after performing the "Clean up" command, I get a series of errors all related to the "sqlite[S8]: attempt to write a readonly database" problem. It would be great if someone knew of a cleaner way to do this.

2) Is there a tool to reenable religions? After recently playing a different mod, I returned to AoE to play a new game and got the message about some religions being disabled and I needed to start a game using "Play Now" before returning in order to reenable those religions. Unfortunately doing this has failed to reenable the Ashen Veil Religion. Its tech is now missing from all games I play, regardless of how I start them. I can always enter WorldBuilder and give the tech to a civ, but it will not occur organicly within a game.

Why do you even have Game installed in Programs folder? I never install games there but on separate games hdd under games directory and never had problems with svn

this is happening to me too with win7.

Why do you even have Game installed in Programs folder?

i think the original civ install defaulted to there so it's pretty much a case of 'yeah, that's ok..' until now many many years later :/

thanks for the possible solution though Cyrus317. I'll give it a go when i'm sobre... :)

Hey guys. Is there a reason the civ pedia is literally text_needed and all the healer's names are just healer_(number)? All the descriptions are gone and the techs don't have any descriptions. I'm sure you've fixed it before, but I just am not sure

if that's on the svn, it sounds that you may be missing some files. Try updating again to see if they come back. If that doesn't work, delete the XML and python folders before updating, it should reset them.

If that's not on the svn, i have no idea what's happening, other than an install issue.

Must be that windows has some sort of access protection over the programs folder.

yeah most likely.
does it vaguely help with the python thing too if you had it, cthom ?

(also can some people with the python bug send me the python errors they get, i want to review once more. Please add your install path and your OS )

ok, i had misunderstood your earlier comment. Those are just texts that are missing because no one wrote them yet. I know we have fixed the healer ones in the svn, some techs too though maybe not all of them

So Ive been using the SVN recently to get my hands on that juicy new content and the more turns that pass the more unstable it becomes which is fine. Random CTD started occurring at about 400? maybe 500 turns in? definitely more common the further I go. NBD. And when It came to loading the game again I found work arounds for it always crashing when I try to load it directly. But I cant solve the problem I currently have. I got it to load the autosave without crashing in the process to which it happened to be on a trade offer. I can see what they are requesting, but I see no dialog options to pick from and randomly pressing enter didnt do anything (sorry Yakut no free tech for you). So after managing to escape out of the trade deal I come to find my HUD is completely gone anyways. No idea what to do for that one, so I just retry till it works right. But now when I Try to load the autosave it comes up with an error about failing to uncompress game data.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....833/C61362621C57256268C3423CDF57B9D15B5F2712/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....144/02F8E366A983812232A777E30910CF7B6813BF41/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....389/F386D973A78EE60485C661B88AFEC3E0D9DC09E2/
It also likes to stay up there regardless lol. I find it surprising that it doesnt crash when this occurs tho?
Ive included the save if in case it can help with anything or be fixed.
Also if I can help test anything at all please let me know.

Update: HOlyShid! Okay So I cant remember what I did cause after I did it I decided to tune into a Dota tournament and forgot. But I fixed all the issues I had with the save file!

Another update: Something I forgot to mention, My game suddenly has a turn timer now? I dont know how to get rid of it.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0785.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Steam, SVN beta. I'm getting a persistent CtD after clicking end turn with the uploaded Elohim save. The only unusual thing happening is my culture expanding to include the Yggdrasil tree.
Another end-of-turn crash with the Sheaim. For what it's worth, I haven't had any crashes with the 2014 download.

Have you learned anything from these saves, black_imperator?

Top Bottom