Firaxis at Pax East 2014 - Speculations?

Piruparka

Prince
Hi guys, on Saturday Apr, 12 Firaxis will have their slot on Pax East, see. http://east.paxsite.com/schedule

Do you guys think they will show us something new about Civ 5? At least I am very excited they're on Pax again, which means they have something in the pipeline anyway, whatever it's going to be!

Well, I can't imagine they'll be announcing something about XCOM this soon :drool:

"The panel features developers from the studio responsible for the critically acclaimed franchises XCOM and Civilization, and promises to give attendees an exciting sneak peek at the latest Firaxis Games project, a special announcement and fun surprises you won’t want to miss!"

I like this sentence.

I agree, improbable. However, if it was sth around Civ, shouldn't we have found anything on the Steam DB yet?

Quote from the website: "The panel features developers from the studio responsible for the critically acclaimed franchises XCOM and Civilization, and promises to give attendees an exciting sneak peek at the latest Firaxis Games project, a special announcement and fun surprises you won’t want to miss!"

On the other hand: who the heck is Adam Sessler...? He hasn't had anything to do with Civ, has he?

I doubt it will be anything related to Civ5, since they released Civ5 Complete not so long ago and that implies they're done with it.
I'm going to be overly optimistic and say it's going to be the Civ6 announcement.

If it was the sixth Civ game, it would NOT be shown in Steam DB because of the fact that it would be COMPLETELY seperate Steam ID from Civ 5.

XCOM has also been released in a complete edition, and I consider it too early for an announcement of Civ 6. BNW has been released not even a year ago.

Oh, and remember EU3 which was released in a complete edition and received another addon afterwards. So never give up hope. :D

Let's just hope it's another expansion featuring the ideas from this community

IF there's something new realting to CIV then it could be either:

Annoucement of Civ 6 (but unlikely as it takes at least 1-2 years before a new game in the series is announced)

Annoucement of a third expansion pack (would be unexpected as most of us are expecting the game to have ended, either with the pattern tht Civ 3 and Civ 4 both had two expansions and the Complete edition release)

annoucement of a spin off game (like Civ 4 : Colonization).

Th spin-off game makes sense.
It's really too early for Civ6 right now. I'd expect it to be announced next year.

They could have started on Civ 6 just before or just after BNW was released. Some developers start work on the next game in the franchise before they are even finished with the current. Don't know about Firaxas, but Bethesda is know to start the process of development of new game near the end of the development of the current. Unless they start from scratch much of what they need is already there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

That's true, but it takes years to complete a game from scratch/foudnation either way. I don't expect Civ 6 until at least 2015/2016 to be honest.

What do you want to bet that the Civ V "CES" demo that @KingOfBigOz found in the Steam DB is actually for this, and was deliberately misnamed?

What do you want to bet that the Civ V "CES" demo that @KingOfBigOz found in the Steam DB is actually for this, and was deliberately misnamed?

o.O interesting. LOL We'll see. But the thing with the CES demo is that it's not a seperate DLC but a "package".... I believe. so it's a form of a compliation.

Top Bottom