First timer at Immortal, what to do now?

fadeh

Chieftain
Hi guys,

attached you can find a game I'm playing as Assyria. It's my first try at Immortal level and I'm seeking a Domination victory. It's turn 210, I conquered my continent (Austria, Germany, Venice) and now I'm not quite sure about what to do next.
Looks like I'm quite behind in tech even tho, probably, military speaking, I'm ok. I didn't explore the other continent but I have embassy and I know for sure that 2 out of 4 capitals are not costal.

Anyone wanna take a look and help me figure out the best way to proceed?

P.S.: I'm using InfoAddicts mod.

Thank you

Attachments

• Assurbanipal_0210 - 1500 d.C..Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
Looking at the save game, what I will do are:

• Connect your conquered cities to your capital by road. There are still about 5-6 cities that are not connected
  • Build more caravan/cargo ship. You have 0 of them.
  • Explore your continent. You still haven't fully explore it, there may be a path to reach Siam/Brazil/Celts continent from the 2 CS NorthEast
  • Ally/friend some CS maybe? All of them are at 0 relation.
  • If you want to do Domination, you need more armies and think of a way to get to the other AI, they are pretty far from where you are. You only have 2 coastal cities (7 pop Venice and 3 pop Cologne), none of them have high production. Might take a while before you get your navy going.
  • I dont know if you are doing tall/wide playstyle, but regardless 10 capital population at T210 is very low (and the highest in your empire is 11 pop conquered German city). Focus on growth so you can generate better science.

EDIT: Siam is quickly becoming a runaway, he has like half of the available wonders, a dozen cities and have conquered Brazil capital (can't see how much due to fog of war). He already had Exotic influence towards you, so be careful when Ideology comes, you may have to deal with unhappiness.

Thank you for your answer, victorpras! I'm going to follow your advices and report back.

To answer your question about the strategy (tall/wide) I don't honestly have one. I tried to conquered my continent keeping the cities I thought they were worth keeping.
The population is low because i probably neglected some grow in order to produce more units to fight AIs.

Thank you again!

Top Bottom