[FIXED] Luxury Resource Trading

skills74

Chieftain
I have 2 spices, I traded my excess away to the Persians for some gold for 45 turns (epic speed). That deal has ended. Some turns pass, and I go to trade my excess spice to the Germans for some cotton. But when the trade goes through, it seems I now have no spice and instead I have cotton. I should still have 1 spice and now cotton as well. But I do not. It's like the initial trade with Darius never finished and he still has my spice. Screens provided where you see my spice, happiness mouse-over before and after, trade with Germany, and the shady deal with Darius where he never gives me back my spice. ;)

View attachment France CultureV - 3.Civ5Save - This save is right before the trade for the cotton.

I can confirm this bug. I think it occurs when you trade away the last of your luxury resources. I should have 2 silver and 1 incense, but I know only have 1 ivory from a trade that should have ended. I also think it affected my research agreement trade as I was never granted a tech after it was complete.

:hmm: you have two sources of spices, are apparently not trading any of them, and yet there is only 1 available for trade.

Do you have a save from the turn before you signed the original deal to trade spices - from turn 186?

Sadly, I do not. That was my first save that wasn't a quick save for that game.

I'm not sure what trade caused it, but I think I'm having the same problem. I should have a spice and some ivory, and they're not showing up. Just thought I'd confirm.

The trade that caused this issue for me was trading the last of a luxury resource (as in it read silver (1) in the trade screen) for a different luxury resource from another civ. I was doing this to get the resource my city wanted for wltkd. After that all sorts of weird trade related issues started popping up like never getting back the 4 horses I traded, having a research agreement with washington never complete (and not being able to start a new one because it said one was already in place).

I can confirm this bug as well. I have 3 cotton and 2 wine all with plantations and when I traded one of each of them, my civ lost access to all them. Those are the only lux resources I have so this bug is killing this current multiplayer game I'm playing that I've put many hours into. Sigh.

I will also confirm this bug. I had two silk and two cotton since very early in the game. I was trading one silk and one cotton around to different people a number of times. One time, I traded a cotton and it never came back after the deal was completed. It wasn't my last cotton, and I still have access to it, but I only have one. My silk is still fine. There wasn't any weird diplomacy going on with the AI I traded it to either.

I have heard from somewhere else that the length of the deal is actually longer than it appears in the trade window, but I can't confirm this. Even still, in my case it has since been a very long time after the deal was supposed to expire.

Also, not sure if this is related, but if you trade away a strategic resource and then lose access to it, the amount that you have access to appears as a negative number of that much. I can post a screenshot of this and some more information about it tomorrow.

Edit: I have conjectured that it might be a temporary solution to destroy the tile improvements on the resource tiles and then rebuild them, but I haven't tested this yet.

I haven't experienced this myself, but over at Ars a moderator reported this:

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=20850797#p20850797

"Ugh, seems the new patch introduced a new bug - if you try to trade 1 of a luxury to someone, it trades all of them. So if you try to trade 1 of your 2 Wine for Gems, as a simple example, you'll end up with 0 Wine and 1 Gems, resulting in a wash for happiness"

Has anyone with 1.0.0.20 experienced this? Can you post a savegame, screenshot, and steps to reproduce?

I saw this bug yesterday (about 24 hours ago) and reported it here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382974

thinking that it was the same but now I read that thread again and perhaps it is not the same. It's hard to say.

I know I was still at 1.0.0.17 when I played last night because the Steam client just downloaded a 26 mb patch (1.0.0.20) half an hour ago.

As I noted in that other thread, this bug has basically made the multiplayer game I've played for 20+ hours virtually unplayable for me.

Patch version 1.0.0.20.

The game is now unplayable. I cannot trade resources to other countries because trading ONE resource ends up trading ALL of them.

Please fix. This game cannot be played in this state!

HOW TO REPRODUCE: In the BEFORE save, navigate to the ocean and move the caravel up and to the right 2-3 tiles and you will discover the Russians. Trade Catherine 1 Ivory for 1 Silver. This trade looks to behave properly.

THEN offer a trade with the Egyptians, ask them for both of their luxuries, they will ask you for the house. Accept.

You will then see your happiness decrease because they end up with all of your Gems, Ivory, and 1 other item (I forget and I logged out of the game ><)

Attachments

• Trade Resources Bug BEFORE.Civ5Save
    480.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Trade Resources Bug AFTER.Civ5Save
    480.6 KB · Views: 279
Saves are in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single. To attach a save "go advanced , then clik on the attach button ( looks like a paper clip ).

I've heard that from other player as well. if true , it is bad , very bad.

I have experienced this bug in my last 2 games; I traded away some luxury resources (not noticed it for strategic resources yet) - for gold, usually - and when the deal expires I didn't get the "deal expiration" reminders on the right on the screen, and later noticed that my resources weren't returned. I tried pillaging my pearl resource boats then rebuilding them, but this didn't work. I tried building a fort on my gems, then rebuilding a mine, but this didn't work either. I seem the be stuck at a permanent -1 pearls and -1 gems.

Edit - the Civ I made the trade with (China) were even conquered and removed from the game and the resources were still non-existant.

It works for me. In my attached savegame I can trade one of my two gold resources and the other remains available.

@wfsaxton: I can't reproduce the bug with your savegame and instructions - Ramesses says nothing could make the deal work...

Attachments

• Trade_test.Civ5Save
    750.2 KB · Views: 281
Top Bottom