[FIXED] Luxury Resource Trading

I would like to add that if you declare war on the person who you made the trade with then *while the trade is active* the resource is returned.

-I had 2 sugars

-I traded 1 sugar to Washington for 450gold over 45 turns. (Had 2, I keep 1)

-When the 45 turns ends the trade doesn't end. I'm left with only 1 sugar instead of 2

-I should have 2 now to trade again but the first trade doesn't end. I can offer my last sugar to other leaders and none to Washington because he has my original still.

-I can load up a save from middle of the trade, and if I declare War on Washington the trade does end and I have 2 sugars again.

-However if I declare war on Washington after the 45 turns, the sugar is still lost, no return.

-If needed I can provide a save from before the deal is made, middle of the deal and end of the deal.

This is a pretty nasty bug which has ruined a few of my games so far, shelving the game until this one is resolved.

Hi

I've made 3 deals with 3 different civs for providing wine.
All 3 deals where made for 30 turns.
For some reasone, 45 turns passed but the deals are still available !?!?!?
Wasn't those suppose to cancel automatically ? How can i cancel them

Thx

Moderator Action: I think your issues might be similar to those in this thread.

None of the games I have started with 1.0.0.20 ever had this problem. And I trade my resources away all the time for gpt, gold and/or another resource, sometimes even the only instance I have (when I'm desperate). Yet I always get them back just fine.

What am I doing wrong? :p

Are you sure ???
I'm not confident that the patch solves the issue related with trades.
Did anybody else solve the trade problem with the latest patch.

Thx

Erm... I've only just got the game and wondered if its possible to cancel trades for individual resources like in IV?

Confirming this bug still exists, just happened to me for the first time.

Not sure why it sometimes works, on my two previous games I could also trade all of my ressources happily. Could it be related to the difficulty setting? I'm playing on Prince for the first time, previous games were on a lower setting (yeah, I'm slowly getting back into the game... :mischief: )

I've had this bug before, but now it is killing me.
I was 50 smile points away from golden age and now I am frown downing.

I did a one sided deal to Askia so I could get his only whale for three of my excess resources. Now I lost my access to the excess resources and all I got was this lousy whale.

I've had this bug before, but now it is killing me.
I was 50 smile points away from golden age and now I am frown downing.

I did a one sided deal to Askia so I could get his only whale for three of my excess resources. Now I lost my access to the excess resources and all I got was this lousy whale.
Damn, so the patch didn't fix it? Sigh... With harder luxury trading after patch it might get silly. Hm, at least now we'll get to trade our strategic resources (couldn't before since one could get a 1000 iron back due to another bug)

Bad news.

Patched the game and started up a new vanilla game. Looks like there's a bug in luxury resource trading.

I had 2 silver and 2 silk. Traded one of each to the Iroquois and now I have none. Here's the save game.

View attachment Augustus Caesar_0120 AD-0125 BUG.Civ5Save

As you can see, there is a deal active with the iroquois: silver, silk, and open borders for 10g, wine, and marble. I have 2 silver and 2 silk on line, but I'm only getting happiness from marble, sugar, and wine

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

i had 2 ivory, traded one and after 30 turns ivory did not return.
only had 1. pillaged both of them and rebuild but still had 1 left.

suddenly AI demanded for ivory. i refused because i thought i was my last.
but then suddenly i had two.

i traded the second again and after 30 turns it was again lost forever.

perhaps this give info where the bug is situated in the program

Still exists :(

My current game I have 5 Ivory. My current deals include 4 being traded out for various resources/gold. However, I am now under my happiness because 1 of my ivory magically disappeared. Damn poachers killin off my elephants!

My guess is, Suleiman DOW'd me after we had made peace and a deal for an excess Ivory I had went through on turn 519. I wish the notification log would show more of the messages and a way to check deeper back. I could check what deals were canceled from his DOW and make sure that is where the bug is.

Here is the save. It barely shows his DoW on turn 544 but none of the details of canceled agreements of course.

I'll try pillaging them and repairing...such a PIA tho

Attachments

• Bismarck_0610 AD-1430.Civ5Save
    911.3 KB · Views: 279
Happened to me too just now. I got my third wine so I happily went to trade it. Few turns later I noticed my empire is unhappy and I don't have +5 from Wine anymore. I have two deals for wine going so I should have one but don't.

It seems like it traded both wines I had left.

Attachments

• Tradebug.Civ5Save
    534.7 KB · Views: 239
Ditto for me. Had two sources of whales and two sources of furs. Traded one of each for silver and incense. Now shows that I only have silver and incense.

Alright, here are some very specific steps to demonstrate at least one way this bug happens and save game to test it. I loaded few times and it was reproducible.

Load up the game and go trade with Montezuma. I have two gold resources he has one spices.

Add his spices and add 300 gold and Gold luxury on your half => he will not accept this deal

Remove everything on your side and leave spices on his side. Ask "What do you want for this?". Remove open border and change gold amount to 300. He will now accept this deal and you will lose both resources.

Load up fresh from the save. Go trade with Montezuma. Add gold from your side and 6gpt from his side. He will accept this trade and you only lose one gold resource as it should be.

My speculation based on this is that when you ask him what he wants for it he somehow adds both gold luxuries and the game counts them as such.

Attachments

• tradebugpart2.Civ5Save
    604.2 KB · Views: 251
I encountered the trade bug for the first time this week (Wednesday the 27th I think), I was playing the version 1.0.0.621 (I believe it's the latest one). The only way to end the "false" trade agreement that was consuming all my extra luxury resources was to declare war on the trading partner (= the Aztecs). Very frustrating indeed!

The very same thing happened to me again today. I'm not sure if this is related to the "Golden time" as I made the agreement after starting the golden time with a Great Engineer (I think). I was going through a Golden time also earlier this week when this happened the first time, however, I'm not sure whether I had started the golden time before or after making the trade agreement. Could there be a connection?

I concur with Vihta, I tried making a deal in two different ways in my game:

1.) by asking what the Aztecs wanted and closing the deal right away
2.) by asking the same as above, then closing the trade window and offering them what they wanted, then closing the deal (without clicking on "what would make this deal work")

The bug occured in case 1., case 2 worked as it should work. However, another furustrating feature turned up: sometimes the leader will not agree to the deal anymore after you close the window and try the second time, and when you ask "what would make this deal work", the terms have changed (sometimes even in your favour, but if you close the deal right away, the bug may occur)

So, until the fix / a working patch is released, I will always save the game before making any deals, and avoid closing the deal after clicking on "what would make this deal work"

Yep, heres my first post...been a lurker for years...but this just ticks me off

Anyways, this bug is still alive and well in the new patch. Just happened to me again last night. I somehow traded away all of my spice, dyes, and wine for some gems. Is this bug unfixable :confused: because they didnt address it in the latest patch and it seems like a major flaw that can ruin a really good game.

It is really annoying and very costly when playing high levels and I get caught up in the game and forget to save. Somebody fix it already :crazyeye:

Yep, can confirm this bug (the scenario per Vihta/mrpepper) with the latest patch.

The key to avoiding this bug may be to never make resource deals that are combined with gold (flat sum, not gpt).

Confirming one more for the team.

Bug seems to occur when I take a flat amount of gold, not GPT.
Pillaged my luxury tile, and got a -1... lol?

Repaired it and it went back to 0, not +1.
Very harsh bug indeed.

Yes this Bug is still alive..even in newest Version.

I have 7 Gold. When i give one away....it shows me that i gave 6 away.

That cant be!! :mad:

Pls Firaxis fix this. Makes any deals worthless.

Top Bottom