FIXED_GEM_ preset_No_Custom_Civs

It's missing the map stuff so I put that in but it still doesn't work, I think because I've gotten the top and bottom latitude value wrong and/or the map size wrong. The maximum of y is 90 so I'm guessing the default values of 90 and -90 aren't what I want? Also I tried several different sizes for map size so its probably not that but I'm not sure.
Look at layout in various scenarios included with mod.

Thanks Fermongu! Playing now your map for the first time - let the MAF begin ;)

well, made a new download and installed the ready package v41, not the SVN, and with that I can load the map.
Get one error message only
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

well, made a new download and installed the ready package v41, not the SVN, and with that I can load the map.
Get one error message only
View attachment 576500
Yeah, someone messed up while reviving dynamic civs.

Maybe we need to re-release V41?
Error is fixed in SVN.

need to say "Thank You" to @Fermongu for this map. It iworks fine for me if I take the complete v41 package, but not if I take SVN v11204
(until now). Anyways, good job and I always waited for someone who build the GEM for C2C as the UEM for me always crashes in late game because too much ram usage and by that C2C was unplayable for me.

Missing Civs
there are 22 civs active only, not 27. 5 have an asterisk in civ list. What is with these? Wlll make the the expasion of some civs irregular as they have no enemies
*Montezuma, *Kyros, *Katharina, *Sitting Bull, *Shybabi

Edit:
startet for test new game selected Montezuma. Game starts and gives instantly "you were defeated". Montezuma is listed as civ but removed, why?

Edit 2:
because this I had a deeper look into the map after start, and notice some issues that need to get fixed badly:
- after setteling some civs have two and some one unit only, this gives not only a disadvantage to those, but also they will die of starvation because their area is with bad food recources and they have bad funding. It is impossible to get enough to alive within the required turns.
As sample see screenshots of Persia and Russia (both are such with Asterick, see above)
- Montezoma, resp. Aztekes, are dead up from start. Can't find, why that is, but it is bad.
- The resources are not realistic and their misplacement causes strong advantage or disadvantages of civs far away fron reality (i.e. look where copper -not- is, essential for the early start)
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Last edited:
Started with the Aztecs just now and they don't get a Band of Homo Sapiens. I only had two brutes.

Updated map and spawn file to SVN 11281

Aztecs are fixed

Some civs start without a brute, I don't know why. Is it random now? :dunno:

Hello all!
Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring for this GEM map upgrade, as this is always been my favorite map to use. It used to be unplayable in the past later in the game as it was too big, but as the MOD continues to develop it has become more playable for longer games. I downloaded the newest version of c2c in the summer of 2020, I will get the svn number in another post. Much improved from my last download which was a while ago. I try to space out the downloads so none of my saved games become unplayable, as they can take up to a year to finish. I have 1 game going with harrier map, smaller and is pretty balanced starts but the map is not very realistic. The GEM on the latest download in my mind was still not as realistic as I would have liked. I have always wanted a earth clone map, something that was not fair and balanced but as real as the current mod and map size allows. The 27 civ version was broken when I downloaded the newest version, so I have been playing the 5 civ version. I have several games played to 1AD, a lot of fun and I have been experimenting with different rules and starting civs. I am in the process of fully converting the GEM to as lifelike of a map as I have seen in the past, aka GEM2.0. I currently have 60% of Europe, Africa, and the middle east done. Once I start to get full continents done I will post screen shots of it. It is in my mind a parallel project as FERONGU is making a 27 civ balanced mod, with more minor changes to the map and starting points in both the new and old world while my version is going the opposite direction.

Some major changes I have in mind:
Old world start only. Australia and New Zealand is ocean squared off. N&S America empty of civs. >>> Mostly to increase turn speeds and make the colonial period actually count. Also it makes all the civs start close to each other and increases early conflicts. The goal is to get a GEM map you can play into the renaissance and still have decent turn times.
40 civ starts. Europe 10 civs, Africa 9 civs, Middle east 5, Asia 16 . I always play "start as minor" and would recommend this in this map. It becomes a race to tribalism, which hits around 12~11kBC in most of my games so far.
terrain damage on, which I would love increased for this GEM2.0 mod, dunes and ice should be 34%, desert, taiga, and tundra should be 25%
I added mountains in certain areas, reduced mountains to hills in others. There is definitely something missing between hills and mountains. Like a usable mountain from the start, but not the impassible mountains which I play turned on with mountaineering. Not sure if the modders can add another terrain feature or not. I am in the process of converting the old GEM map into using all the new terrain features in the current c2c game. No more endless plains and grasslands. Currently I am using Biome maps, average rainfall maps, vegetation maps, satellite maps, topographic maps, and the Koppen-Geiger climate classification maps. The map look legit real now. Changed some rivers and removed some islands.
Moved starting points to real life locations, not locations that were picked purely for balance and spacing. Starts will not be equal, not everyone gets stone, copper, and iron. Deal with it. Certain civs will be easier to play than others. Your can pick your difficulty level by both setting the level or by your civ choice.
That is it. It will take me a bit to do this. I work a bunch but I will find time to get this down. I will post more info and the world builder save soon. Hopefully someone can mod it to allow 40 civs, as I have 0 modding skills beyond the Map world builder.
Thanks
Jeremy

Still working on it. It seems like some times when I save not all the changes save. I will start not saving over the existing saves and do a different save each time. I added some screenshots of different areas that I have been working on. I did all the minerals in Europe, did most of the middle east. Iran and turkey were hard to get right. I will past updates and a working world builder save soon.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG