Flag file locations.

Mattastic

Warlord
Does anyone have any idea where I can find the graphics that control the flag on the interface? Not the decals. I mean the bit which represents the actual banner pole and the flag shape, as well as the files that dictate changes due to era advances and how it reads the ArtDefines_Civilization.xml file. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd like to know this as well. Its bothersome that industrial era changes the flag shapes.

well I found part of that. CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml will let you change which flag shape to use for which era.... which also shows to where they are in the art files....so you could find em and change em. Not sure about the parameters, probably has to be saved at the power of 2 is my guess, and no idea for the banner pole, but the other two could be adjusted by looking in those areas I mentioned.

Shiggs

Cheers mate. I'll check that out. I'm sure I can extrapolate where everything else is from there. At least everything else I need. Now time to find out if what I wanna do is possible!

By way of reviving this thread... Did anyone ever find out where the controlling lines are that tie the era to the graphics tag? i.e. Where do I tell it that in the future era I want it to reference a newly created FLAG_FUTURE?

um, if you read my above post (from over a year ago I might add), its in the CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml

it references to a .nif and a .kfm for each era

Top Bottom