Flev's Replacement - Raging Barbarians

Sent.

Ermmm, not to me, I guess?

I need to retire Joao, then change some passwords, then we can accelerate....

Erm.. the turn was called Flev_BC-3625_to_King_Flevance so I sent it to him !

So this is an Epic game with 9 players? Could take a couple of years...

I see the email - will play when I get home (about 4 or 5 hrs from now).

Hey - did we make any effort to arrange the players in GMT order?

I see the email - will play when I get home (about 4 or 5 hrs from now).

Hey - did we make any effort to arrange the players in GMT order?

Thanks.

No....not really practical unless we start again and rearrange the order.

Also, with this many people, its unlikely to make one turn per day, even with a perfect order - and that might change anyway if someone withdraws and needs replacing.

It kind of guarantees that you will not get one turn per day, but paradoxically might make it easier to get one turn in two days...
..although I do not know what timezone SV110MHH is in..

OK Guys,

I now used Ruff Hi's email sender, and it's very easy to use.

Would anyone have a problem downloading and installing it, and using it instead of pbemtracker?

In its simplest form, you set up one record for this game, and add three players to it.
Those two players are me, and the players before and after you.

You set the option to send the save to the next player,
and a gps message to all both me and also the next and previous player.

That way I get to see where the game is at,
and the next player gets both the save and a gps,
and the previous player gets confirmation you received and played his send.

If the next player gets the gps and no save, then its check spam folder or ask for a resend time.

Both emails are sent by the same button click,
so there is less to do than uploading the save to pbemtracker.

Please let me know...

I have downloaded and THINK I have the settings correct... it was actually more complicated than it should have been (I didn't "update data" twice so the emails and stuff I typed in didn't save".)

Hopefully when I get the save I will know if I have it set up right.

it was actually more complicated than it should have been
yeah - that is a slightly annoying feature but it was the only way that I could think of to be able to revert to what was there without losing all of your changes. Any suggestions on a better way would be appreciated.

Data structure if anyone cares ...
Spoiler :
xml external file is read into memory and displayed on screen (edit boxes) ... changes to the edit boxes are only written back to the memory variables once 'update values' is clicked ... make a mistake and you can just click away and back again. Memory values are only written to the external xml file if you click 'save xml'. I do keep track of a 'dirty' flag if you have changed the memory value and haven't written the results to xml.

Cancel/Apply/OK?

I don't understand why I need to hit a button to save stuff I typed in... if I type it in... and go to add a new player... or go back to the email settings why doesn't it just autosave.

Top Bottom