Football Thread No. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way guys with Real Zaragoza not only looking at relegation but possibly complete oblivion, I think I've found a new club to support in the Liga, Rayo Vallecano.

Rayo Vallecano is a good choice, it is a club which I have always have sympathy for. A humble club from a working-class neiborhood, where Athletic Club (The club I support) has been always welcomed, there is a good relationship between this two team's supporters.
The club was owned until 2011 by Ruiz Mateos family when a Madrilian bussinesman bought the 96% of the stocks and assumed the club's debt. Some months later the club entered in "Ley concursal" what means that the state appoints an insolvency administrator. In consequence, the administrator has to aprove each expense in the club and sets some limitations on signing new players.

Last sunday they played an awesome game against Madrid and did not deserve losing the match. Furthermore, when they where playing better, Madrid had a little help from the referee(Nothing surprissing on the other hand), who failed to see a blow with the elbow by Ramos, what would supposse a red car and penalty kick, and did not have his best actuation when he sent out a Rayo Vallecano's payer due to a tackle that was not even fault.

Talking about Zaragoza, I think that there must be a miracle if they want to avoid the relegation. They are paying the excess of a foolish president who is being inquired by justice due to diversion of funds.

I'm not sure how or why Mr. Levein is allowed to keep on being a 'Scottish' coach if eh wants to field seven players born in Ingerland who don't appear to be better than those they replace. :cringe:

Christ that was a nasty meeting of heads in the England Netherlands game :S

Huntelaar didn't even remember scoring the goal.

Goodbye Mr Villas-Boas. You looked and sounded hopelessly out of your depth by the end, I'm afraid.

I totally support that. 'Arry FTW!

To be honest I don't think there were three goals' difference (or two for the last couple minutes) between one team and the other but Totnam can't complain as their defense had the stopping power of a wet sponge and their attack… attack? What attack? Assou-Ekoto managed to turn a shot from close to goal into a throw-in for ManYoo :eek: 'nuff said…

Btw, nice play by the Jambos, Mr. Simnel.

Yeah, good win for the Jam Tarts - nothing like kicking a team while they're down.

How about Stuart McCall for manager of the year, by the way, and the next Scottish manager to be lured down south for the big bucks?

Arsenal nearly managed it. How come they score three goals in the first half and none in the second? I didn't get to watch the match.

Arsenal nearly managed it. How come they score three goals in the first half and none in the second? I didn't get to watch the match.

two things i noticed

oxlade chamberlain took some kind of knock and was clearly struggling in the second half

milan seemed to actually wake up and play properly

that's true, but milan actually managed to string more than two passes together later on, which they hadnt done even once before the 43th minute.

Well, Bayer just showed how NOT to play in Barcelona.

I guess, Messi wins the Top Scorer of the Champions League now for sure, 5 goals in one night....

APOEL's lucky strike makes me hopeful that we will send Bayern home next Tuesday as well. ;)

ManYoo to face Athletic Bilbao tomorrow. Also, APOEL chuck out Lyon. Cypriot semifinalists!

We seem to be facing liquidation. Maybe I should become a Hibs fan after all.

ManYoo to face Athletic Bilbao tomorrow.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My red & white scarf, flag, shirt and underwear are ready

I hope my beloved team is able to manage a good game in Old Trafford, may eyes will be watching us.

Here in Bilbao fans are pretty excited with the match, over 8000 people are traveling to Manchester in order to support the team. Some of them stood in queue for over 10 hours (night included) to get a ticket.

EDIT: I think that the key for Athletic won't be Llorente or Muniain, the key will be in Iturraspe if they he is able to impose in the midfield, things will be much easyer for Athletic club, otherwise, Javi Martinez will have a lot of work in defense.

Well, Bayer just showed how NOT to play in Barcelona.

I guess, Messi wins the Top Scorer of the Champions League now for sure, 5 goals in one night....

APOEL's lucky strike makes me hopeful that we will send Bayern home next Tuesday as well. ;)
Given Bayern's form this year, that's entirely possible. Schweinsteiger is scheduled to come back for the Basel match though. That may boost Bayern's morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom