Fox News Crew Shot at Live

LLXerxes

Space Travel is Boring
Linky linky bo binky
Video with transcript inside.

That must have been very traumatizing for the whole crew, and I guess Israel has made it back into Gaza, only escalating the current conflict we have.

By the way, what's the name of hte guy on the right? Because he sounds like a complete moron...
Bad guys shoot at anything...
But they're Israel!

LLXerxes said:
By the way, what's the name of hte guy on the right? Because he sounds like a complete moron...
Bad guys shoot at anything...
But they're Israel!

The one in the centre's immediate reaction to this unconscious truth tells me she is a lot more aware of the political sensitivities of the station's owner.

The woman is a complete moron. That whole team is ******ed.
"David, get to a safe place. David, get to cover."

Since, I'm sure David wants to get shot.

Not exactly Edward R. Murrow during the blitz, but I give the guy credit for keeping his composure and staying on the air.
I bet when they went to commercial, everyone in the studio expressed how great it is to work in the studio.

I really don't get what's so funny about that..

homeyg said:
I really don't get what's so funny about that..
Me neither.
If it was ABC, people would be posting things like "good thing their safe now" or "that was a close one". FOX News is crap, most of us know it, doesn't make this funny though.

My god. You have to admire the journalist, sticking to that story even under fire.

In all seriousness, he must have been quite worried to use the word "boogy" during a live interview.

AlCosta said:
The woman is a complete moron. That whole team is ******ed.
"David, get to a safe place. David, get to cover."

Since, I'm sure David wants to get shot.
She's giving him permission. If the Host would have commanded him so David would stand there and carry on his broadcast to the bitter end. Nothing more important than making money for Fox bringing the news to the public. :salute:
Truronian said:
In all seriousness, he must have been quite worried to use the word "boogy" during a live interview.
:lol: I noticed that. I'd love to have seen him actually 'boogie' anyway, Disco Stu style :dance: :banana:

Elrohir said:
What, exactly, is funny about journalists getting shot at?

Per se, nothing of course.

It's only comic, because they think they're safe because they're next to Israeli military, and we then witness the tortuous logic as they attempt to reconcile disneyland theory with bullet spattered reality and the station owner's firm beliefs.

Truronian said:
You can bet The Daily Show will jump all over them for that.

But still, hats off to David for keeping his composure. I assume it was a very stressful situation.

LLXerxes said:
You can bet The Daily Show will jump all over them for that.

But still, hats off to David for keeping his composure. I assume it was a very stressful situation.

Well said. He showed more composure than the girl in the studio.

I thought it was generally common knowledge that standing in Gaza will get you shot?

bathsheba666 said:
Per se, nothing of course.

It's only comic, because they think they're safe because they're next to Israeli military, and we then witness the tortuous logic as they attempt to reconcile disneyland theory with bullet spattered reality and the station owner's firm beliefs.
:lol: :goodjob:

That and the fact that FOX News are so shamelessly hungry for and obsessed with "rolling news" that they would jeopardise the safety of their own staff for the sake of it. Actually, there's nothing funny about that at all.

Notice how boring the live pictures were while he was out of frame? That's rolling news, the promise of something happening live, even if you can't see squat. Bit like the Blair Witch Project. What if he had been shot live on air? More interesting then? Why didn't the editor's get him out of there - and drop the feed - if they didn't want to broadcast one of their staff getting shot, live on air? One really wonders.

One also wonders about journalism that makes itself the subject. A bit like that interviewer they have, I forget his name, the one whose catch phrase is "shut up". :rolleyes:

Top Bottom