Free movies to watch online

Lord Gay

Emperor
Similar to the YouTube video thread, I thought I'd start a movie thread. While there are plenty of websites to illegally watch movies, as well as pay sites to legally watch movies, I thought it might be nice for people to share movie links that everybody can watch.

My only rule for the thread is that in addition to sharing links, you must include something saying why you like the movie, and/or why you think others might like it. Just posting a link is boring.

Here are some from me:

Wind Chill - 2007

I'm a fan of horror films, though it seems most horror films today are more slashers and bloodbaths than actual horror. While this film may not be true horror, I felt it better in this regard than films I'd seen in a while. I enjoyed it, and with fewer characters involved, there was more development of those characters. I think you'll like this if you like scary movies.

Resident Evil - 2002

In addition to horror, I enjoy conspiracy/ secret agency/ evil corporation movies. Most movies based on games tend to suck hard IMO (I've never played the game), but I really enjoyed this one. It's a good zombie movie. I must admit I also got hooked on the theme music. Yes, there are cheesy moments, but I enjoyed those too.

Neither of these are high art by any means, but I found them enjoyable two-hour-killers, and you might too, if you've never seen them before.

Is it really too much to pay $3 to watch something through iTunes?

I just don't understand why people go out of their way to not spend a couple of dollars.

It costs money to produce that stuff, and risky movies won't get produced as often if the residuals don't flow. Pretty soon the movies you love would stop coming out.

In our house we use Netflix primarily, my wife also uses a lot of Hulu. I can't stand hulu because of the ads. I'll rent a movie from iTunes every few weeks.

Is it really too much to pay $3 to watch something through iTunes?

I just don't understand why people go out of their way to not spend a couple of dollars.

It costs money to produce that stuff, and risky movies won't get produced as often if the residuals don't flow. Pretty soon the movies you love would stop coming out.

In our house we use Netflix primarily, my wife also uses a lot of Hulu. I can't stand hulu because of the ads. I'll rent a movie from iTunes every few weeks.

It is really too much to pay $3 when you don't have a cent.

It is really too much to pay $3 when you don't have a cent.

Sorry, but I am so tired of that argument. Since when do people have an entitlement to take whatever they want on the justification that they could not afford it otherwise? Maybe they should spend their time on efforts to improve their financial condition instead of watching movies online (which I assume they are doing for free at the library since they can't afford computers or internet).

Sorry, but I am so tired of that argument. Since when do people have an entitlement to take whatever they want on the justification that they could not afford it otherwise? Maybe they should spend their time on efforts to improve their financial condition instead of watching movies online (which I assume they are doing for free at the library since they can't afford computers or internet).

Implying people can improve their financial condition at the snap of their fingers.

You know, I could really type out a long, drawn-out, justification for what I said. But I really have a feeling it'd simply fall on deaf ears. You seem like one of those Gingrich supporters that think the poor should clean the toilets of the rich because it teaches them dignity.

Since when do people have an entitlement to take whatever they want on the justification that they could not afford it otherwise?
Presumably since about the same time other people developed an entitlement to arbitrarily impose false scarcities on infinitely replicable information.

I can afford a compter, and feel to take advantage of legitmate free stuff improves my finacial postion.... I also always take a free feed at the supermarket, when they give it away too, I don't see it as an entitlement, unless its the one of people giving away stuff for free

that dose not mean I don't go and spend money at the movies most weeks tho...

Why does Russia make so many movies about its medieval history? I wish Germany would do that too :(

And my rule is that linking to illegal content / movies that violate copyright law is a no-no.

Why go that far though? Why not wait until some film studio sends you a request to remove a certain link first? That's what most sites do: you don't see youtube jumping the shark and removing videos on their own vigilance - they instead force the copyright holders to do that dirty work for them.

Google reserves the right to cancel your GoogleAds account for breaching their use agreement, and that can include linking to copyright-violating content. From the perspective of the admins, it only makes sense to take a "better safe than sorry" approach.

Ahh okie dokie then. Looks like google's got you by the balls. But I suppose the prize is worth it...

(also isn't this is a bit hypocritical by google since they own youtube?)

Many? Not nearly enough, imo. And they've yet to make really great ones, so far just average.

Tarkovsky's Andrei Rublev and Eisenstein's Ivan the Terrible and Aleksandr Nevski are widely considered classics in the entire world of cinema. I believe you can get these films free too.

Top Bottom