Free Software

BadKharma

Deity
I found a good free 3D program that can be used to make buildings for cities or wonders. Sketchup has been commercial for a long time but now you can get a free version of this program through google.
http://sketchup.google.com/
Anyway I hope this helps spur more creativity in the community.

Cool. It might spur me to do something graphically. Thanks for the link.

Looks nice. I´m gonna D/L it...

Plotinus a sticky of free software would be a great idea. When I came a cross this I figured it was too good not to share with other creators.

this proggie is fun...it has many many posibilities...

Kudos for the find Kharma, I will definatly be making use of this...Its fun to play with, and you can upload textures to it...plus there is a huge library of premade models on google for it...

There're the next two I'm adding to the New Ancient Buildings thread - fully finished and hopefully posted tonight.

How long did it take you to learn it? I'd love to hear how easy it was. :)

And if it isn't easy or you have tons of experience then tell me so, please!

I have some AutoCad experience(not much) which helped but it is actually quite handy to learn. I suggest, first; do the self paced tutorials then do the on-line video tutorials. Even if you never do any more, those are quite fun to do!

Thanks guys. That should be more than enough encouragement for me to learn this...eventually. ;)

Also, if anyone trying this prog. wants the models of any of the buildings I've made then let me know and I'll post them.

Cool I might want some models. I'm not that good at it. I can't even get a roof on a house. :lol:

Top Bottom