Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

BAT is mainly BUG + BULL plus a lot of Lemon Merchant goodness. What is VD?

BAT is mainly BUG + BULL plus a lot of Lemon Merchant goodness. What is VD?
A set of diseases and infections usually contracted by intimate contact with another person.

Oh! Oops! He means for BAT. It's the Varietas Delectat graphics pack that is the basis of most of the stunning unit graphics.

To be fair there is some overlap between the two. Both tend to infect everything they touch permanently yet in both cases you do not regret catching them. :mischief:

Is there a BULL version with 77 or more civilizations? Stock Civ modded to allow 77 civilizations on a map runs painfully slow. )'=

Is there a BULL version with 77 or more civilizations? Stock Civ modded to allow 77 civilizations on a map runs painfully slow. )'=
I'm afraid that if you are having a slowdown of BTS using 77 civs in stock Civ, there will be no difference using BULL. It would be just as slow.

There is no 77 civ DLL for BULL, probably because no one has compiled it, or seen the need to. It would be prohibitively slow. However, if you like playing with lots of civs, the BAT Mod and Better BAT AI both have a 50 civ DLL available for them. The BAT Mod does not change any standard BTS mechanics, but includes BUG and BULL, plus some graphical upgrades. Better BAT AI is an attempt to improve the basic AI of Civ4 while retaining all of the flavor of BAT, so it does change game mechanics. I invite you to try both with the 50 civ DLLs. The links are in my sig.

hellow ! I'm player who is playing civilzation 4 bts for long time in korea!

recently i've seen the civ 4 video made by chris! in youtube

He has used the bug mod

so I Trying to use the bug mod

but it is fault;;

If I run bug mode, after loading is complete, one technical table is seen to me.

but this technical table is not complete because only 6 tec can be shown to me

mysticism meditation, polytheism pristhood,monotheism monarchy!(I don't know how to upload the photo without useing link)

I even learned to do mysticism all the time any civilization. (korea~japen~ america etc;; but I did't learn that)

I've been trying any method , resetup after all delete. Getting Started with Administrator , set up the as mod ,
change the administrator name only english , Install BAT mode instead of bug mode ......

if i setup the BAT than There will be no bugs in the technical table before the game starts.

but if the game starts, all icon is gone;; if i can upload the photo than i can seeyou the my situation

but i cannot TTT....

now I don't have any method ;;

Plz help me

oh i can load the photo!! 1,2 is bug mod photo!
3,4,5 is bat! bat mod's tec table is ok but no image great gener~ great person
my civilization 4 version 3.19!
i have set up the all patch!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    901.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 243
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 249
I saw your other post and this one and I'm having a real hard time figuring out what your issue is.

It seems to me that you are missing a BUG icon file, or an XML file, or some art files, but I can't really make sense of things the way that you've written them.

What version of BUG and BAT are you using? And what does TTT mean?

I saw your other post and this one and I'm having a real hard time figuring out what your issue is.

It seems to me that you are missing a BUG icon file, or an XML file, or some art files, but I can't really make sense of things the way that you've written them.

What version of BUG and BAT are you using? And what does TTT mean?

all the new version bug is 4.4 bat is 4.1

ttt means noting

++++++++

and I have one question

I give up to install the bug mod

so I have been trying to install the BAT mod

then When i install the bat plz look the 6 photo

but my civ4 version is already 3.19 plz look the 7 photo

whay should i do?

so i try to install bts 3.19

plz look the 8 photo

I don't what is mean;;

plz help me

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    117 KB · Views: 257
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 225
  • 8.png
    8.png
    141 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
I'm afraid that if you are having a slowdown of BTS using 77 civs in stock Civ, there will be no difference using BULL. It would be just as slow.

There is no 77 civ DLL for BULL, probably because no one has compiled it, or seen the need to. It would be prohibitively slow. However, if you like playing with lots of civs, the BAT Mod and Better BAT AI both have a 50 civ DLL available for them. The BAT Mod does not change any standard BTS mechanics, but includes BUG and BULL, plus some graphical upgrades. Better BAT AI is an attempt to improve the basic AI of Civ4 while retaining all of the flavor of BAT, so it does change game mechanics. I invite you to try both with the 50 civ DLLs. The links are in my sig.
Thank you. I tried BAT, and it simply crashes with the custom Civs I'm used to.

The custom civs you want have to be modified to work with BAT. You can't just plug civs in. They have to be added in modular fashion.

wow ... Lemon Merchant ... the ... MODERATOR! When did that happen?

Cheers! I still play BAT! I love it. Any plans on new release?
I'm slowly working on one with a few enhancements. I'm not sure when I will get to release it though.

I have 2 questions about graphics and techs three,about techs tree Lemon Merchant explained me in 2017,is a feature of BULL.I don't like to have a new graphics,I want to keep old graphics having BUG and BULL installed.Now I use just BUG,uninstalled BAT Mod.I had some years ago BULL with normally graphics.
1.Is possible to use BAT Mod,but with old graphics,is this option in setup?
2.I am interested from BULL(BAT) by 'tech X speeds up tech Y'.Is in CFC a thread with all connections between technologies('speeds up'),maybe is not necessary to install BULL for this?

I see that sometimes but not always, so not sure what's going on there. Thankfully this is pretty easy to know without a mod, however. If there is an arrow/line to a tech, that tech is sped up by the preceding one, by 20% for each one. This means that for instance Writing is sped up by Pottery and Animal Husbandry. If you have both, you get a 40% :science: boost towards Writing.

Conversely, there are some techs without any such line or arrow connection. Lack of a "sped up by" bonus applies to all the techs in the first column of the tech tree, like Mining and Fishing (obviously you start with two of these for free), and Astronomy (plus Divine Right, but nobody cares about that :p ). Incidentally, this makes bulbing Astronomy with Great Scientists rather effective, as bulbs don't get the bonus anyway.

You can check out some of this by having a tech with a bonus selected, and then see the "gold" in the demographics screen. Select a tech without a bonus, like Fishing and such, and the "gold" research rate will be lower in the demographics screen (click on the demographics screen again for the values to update).

I see that sometimes but not always, so not sure what's going on there. Thankfully this is pretty easy to know without a mod, however. If there is an arrow/line to a tech, that tech is sped up by the preceding one, by 20% for each one. This means that for instance Writing is sped up by Pottery and Animal Husbandry. If you have both, you get a 40% :science: boost towards Writing.

Conversely, there are some techs without any such line or arrow connection. Lack of a "sped up by" bonus applies to all the techs in the first column of the tech tree, like Mining and Fishing (obviously you start with two of these for free), and Astronomy (plus Divine Right, but nobody cares about that :p ). Incidentally, this makes bulbing Astronomy with Great Scientists rather effective, as bulbs don't get the bonus anyway.

You can check out some of this by having a tech with a bonus selected, and then see the "gold" in the demographics screen. Select a tech without a bonus, like Fishing and such, and the "gold" research rate will be lower in the demographics screen (click on the demographics screen again for the values to update).
OK,thank you much.Exactly for Writing I started question,because I remember that using BULL just for AH I saw 'speeds up' Writing,for Pottery not.Sure I saw wrong.
Divine Right,'who cares about that'...I don't play like you standard maps without huts and events:),most games huge maps,Spiral Minaret is a strong wonder,if I have a great engineer 'surplus' Versailles is not a bad wonder and I use DR not Philosophy for Nationalism.For useless Divine Right after I obtain gold,maps and techs from AI,sometimes completing a tech or 2 offer to AI with this useless tech.

Last edited:
I have 2 questions about graphics and techs three,about techs tree Lemon Merchant explained me in 2017,is a feature of BULL.I don't like to have a new graphics,I want to keep old graphics having BUG and BULL installed.Now I use just BUG,uninstalled BAT Mod.I had some years ago BULL with normally graphics.
1.Is possible to use BAT Mod,but with old graphics,is this option in setup?
2.I am interested from BULL(BAT) by 'tech X speeds up tech Y'.Is in CFC a thread with all connections between technologies('speeds up'),maybe is not necessary to install BULL for this?
Just use an earlier version of BAT, such as something from the 3.X series. They are available at SourceForge.

Top Bottom