Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I met a very curious case,first time in 10 years with BTS games(but still novice),a very big amount missing in the new turn,using BUG Mod(maybe is too in original this situation).
Just 76 gold in the end of turn,I used approximately 800 gold to hurry things,science 0,normally +2145 next turn.Universal Suffrage,Free Market,productions automated,I don't want to be asked about new production to choose 'spy','spy','spy' 80 times how I used before to see movies in YouTube,most with slavery,the best government,a general opinion,I saw here.But in the new turn just 741 gold,not 2000+.I tried to change clock with CTR ALT O,I changed some things maybe,after no clock seted science bar from up fractionated,before continue bar.
Chances to loose this big sum from blockade are close to 0,no frigates or else my next enemy.Espionage points spent for stealing treasury are not shown.
Is possible for automated,when was production ready next turn without hurry,that gold shown for complete production to be directly withdrawn from my treasury?
Ending that problematic turn without automated production in all cites still missing gold,instead of 2221 or 2218(deal for 3 gold canceled interturn) 1803 gold,418 gold...
I tested 2 next turns changing government ,ending turn forced (I have Cristo Redentor),without Universal Suffrage gold OK,are attached 4 saves.
Is a key in BUG Mod for gold spent automated with Universal Suffrage and I pressed trying to change the clock?
Thank you in advance for help!

Attachments

• CURIOUS.CivBeyondSwordSave
    575.7 KB · Views: 178
  • JUST 741 GOLD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.3 KB · Views: 152
  • VERIFICATION WITHOUT AUTOMATED PROD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    577.3 KB · Views: 140
  • REPRESENTATION+MERCANTILISM.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.7 KB · Views: 144
  • REPRESENTATION+FREE MARKET.CivBeyondSwordSave
    578.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Interesting game. I opened your 'Just 741 Gold' in BtS (no bug) and completed two turns. I see what you mean ... you are losing 1000s of gold per turn. I am betting that all of the AIs are stealing from you using espionage. They are all running 20% EP against you but their EP balance is only going up 50-100 EPs per turn.

I would post this somewhere in a BtS thread and ask if anyone has seen this level of coin EP theft before?

Interesting game. I opened your 'Just 741 Gold' in BtS (no bug) and completed two turns. I see what you mean ... you are losing 1000s of gold per turn. I am betting that all of the AIs are stealing from you using espionage. They are all running 20% EP against you but their EP balance is only going up 50-100 EPs per turn.

I would post this somewhere in a BtS thread and ask if anyone has seen this level of coin EP theft before?
Thank you much for response,sorry for my late answer.Is a very nice map in my opinion,maybe the most beatiful map of those played in 10 years.Using BUG Mod I saw that you can know who destroyed a mine,a building,etc,and espionage points spent by enemy.
EP spent for stealing from my treasury is not shown?
Yes,you have my agreement to use my saves and my post in other thread,thank you much for intention.

Last edited:
BUG tells you the delta between EP this turn and last turn. I don't believe that it tells you what the EPs were spent on.

Re my 'post this somewhere in a BtS thread' comment ... it was more a suggestion that you post this interesting series of events ... rather than asking your permission for me to post.

BUG tells you the delta between EP this turn and last turn. I don't believe that it tells you what the EPs were spent on.

Re my 'post this somewhere in a BtS thread' comment ... it was more a suggestion that you post this interesting series of events ... rather than asking your permission for me to post.
OK,thank you very much.My english is very bad,I did not study English in school and college,Eastern Europe..and translators give many senses.This section of CFC has a limited number of users visiting,IMHO,other sections maybe have more visitors,for this reason that word 'agreement',it was not offensive,sorry.

I followed your suggestion and I posted my question in 'Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions' section:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-answers-newbie-questions.134903/page-1145#post-15104311
Thank you!

OK,thank you very much.My english is very bad,I did not study English in school and college,Eastern Europe..and translators give many senses.

Your english is good enough to get across the sense of what you were communicating. I knew that you had mis-understood my 'post this somewhere' suggestion ... no worries.

Anyway - I have an answer for what is happening.

I had another look at that save and noticed that each city had 'automated production'. I turned all of those off, swapped out of Universal Suffrage ... and ended turn. The gold stopped disappearing.

So ... the city governor was rushing desperately needed buildings. I've always hated governors.

What is BTS?
Beyond The Sword. It's the final, and definitive expansion pack for Civ4. It's the version of Civ4 that most of us here on the forum play. If you don't have it, I would suggest that you get it. It will improve the gameplay by a lot, and you can use most of the mods found in the Civ4 mod database.

Are there any tweaks or dll files that enable me to play BUG with more than 18 civs?

Horse Archers only count as mounted, not archers. However, if you promote the Spearman with the mounted promotion (looks like a man on a horse, don't know the name off hand) then you will get 125% since the 100% is intrinsic, not due to having a promotion. Of course, you'll have more than 125% then, since you have to promote the Spearman with two combat promotions before the mounted one is available.

"you will get 125% since the 100% is intrinsic, not due to having a promotion."

Not sure what distinction you're making there, what does it matter if it comes from an intrinsic or promotion? Do promotion boosts stack? If one city defense boost gives 20% in city defenses and another gives 25%, (or whatever the numbers are) does the unit get 45% defense in city?

In a recent game I was able to trade with some AI, but with others it says "Technology trading not allowed." I didn't have Writing, both all AI that I could trade with did, so I figured either side needs Writing and then both can trade. So I researched Writing, but I was till not able to trade research with the other two, still saying "Technology trading not allowed." What's going on?

In a recent game I was able to trade with some AI, but with others it says "Technology trading not allowed." I didn't have Writing, both all AI that I could trade with did, so I figured either side needs Writing and then both can trade. So I researched Writing, but I was till not able to trade research with the other two, still saying "Technology trading not allowed." What's going on?

Were the ones that you could not trade with on another continent? You can't trade with civs on another continent until Astronomy. As you guessed, either party can have Writing to trade. Same goes for Astronomy. If the ones you can't trade with are on your continent, I m guessing that you are in early pahses of the game. You can't trade with civs that you are not connected to either by a water route or by a road in the early game.

"you will get 125% since the 100% is intrinsic, not due to having a promotion."

Not sure what distinction you're making there, what does it matter if it comes from an intrinsic or promotion? Do promotion boosts stack? If one city defense boost gives 20% in city defenses and another gives 25%, (or whatever the numbers are) does the unit get 45% defense in city?

What I meant by intrinsic was that spears get 100% against mounted without any promotions. Yes, promotions "stack" but not by adding them up and applying the total. Rather, each one is applied to the base strength of the unit and the results are added. Often that gives the same result but for some types of promos it does not because some work by subtracting a percentage from the opposing unit rather than multiplying your unit.

I would suggest that your ask questions in the Quick Answers thread of the CIV4 General Interest Forum rather than here in the BUG forum. There are more people looking at the General Interest Forum than the BUG forum. Also, this FAQ thread is mainly used for queries about BUG rather than the base game.

Last edited:
Hello,

Win 10, BTS 3.19, trying to install 4.1 of BAT. I have the steam virus... I know it might be obvious, but where are the install instructions? I put 4.1 in the BTS mod folder w/in the steam folders. Guess that wasn't right. Thanks for the help!

upload_2019-6-29_17-7-49.png

@RagingChimp

Download the zip version of BAT, unzip it into your \Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder. It should work then.

I never made a Steam installer because I didn't have BTS on Steam when I wrote the installer.

Still getting the same thing. The installer was a separate download, I put the installer in the mod folder (bat mod folder). Still the registry error. should i run any of it as win 7? (i'm on win 10)

Top Bottom