Frequently Asked Questions

hey I have fall from heaven 2 version 40z but now with the release of version 41 how do I update? I have the latest versions of orbis and fall further. Do I have to delete all this or is there a way to update fall from heaven 2 without deleteing/uninstalling anything or messing up the core game or other mods/modmods?

Edit: well can't I just remove the fall from heaven 2 folder along with orbis and fal further without deleteing/damanging any files on beyond the sword or the core game? then reinstall them?

Apparently 0.41 isn't quite stable for MP yet. Is there anywhere I can still download 0.40?

Edit: Also, do the Doviello still have the hidden feature of their starting position being upgraded on map generation?

ey I have fall from heaven 2 version 40z but now with the release of version 41 how do I update?

second this, also do i need the "patch a" for the newest version? i couldn't find anything about it but i thought i needed patch z? (or is the Patch "A" always reference to the latest patch? i don't just want to guess so i figured id ask)

hey I have fall from heaven 2 version 40z but now with the release of version 41 how do I update? I have the latest versions of orbis and fall further. Do I have to delete all this or is there a way to update fall from heaven 2 without deleteing/uninstalling anything or messing up the core game or other mods/modmods?
When you upgrade to FfH2 0.41 your "Fall From Heaven 2" folder will be renamed, and a new one with the version 0.41 will be created. Although you will now have a folder with the old 0.40z in it, you will not be able to play it, because the name has been changed.

I'm not familiar with Orbis or FF so I can't advise you on how installing 0.41 will affect them.

second this, also do i need the "patch a" for the newest version? i couldn't find anything about it but i thought i needed patch z? (or is the Patch "A" always reference to the latest patch? i don't just want to guess so i figured id ask)
Patch A isn't always the latest patch. Right now, the latest patch for version 0.41 happens to be patch A. Patch Z was for version 0.40. You can download the installer for 0.41 from the first post in the FfH2 Bug Thread, and the link to download patch A is there as well.

its having a hard time remembering my game options and its a pain to re-check everything every time i play.

is there something i can do to cause it to remember?

its having a hard time remembering my game options and its a pain to re-check everything every time i play.

is there something i can do to cause it to remember?

Go to Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Gameinfo
and open "Gameoptionsinfo", there u can put a 1 in every option, u usually play.

In the 1st post, I think it should say AC30 here not AC40 for when blight strikes. I only had a quick look, but noticed this.
Q: What effects does the Armageddon Counter have?

A: Again, there are too many effects of the Counter to list them all here. The major ones include:

* Armageddon Events. Often the most palpable effects of the AC, these global events can trigger as the Counter's value climbs. Beginning with Blight (at AC 40), which causes massive unhealthiness in all cities, they get progressively worse. At higher levels of the AC, expect to see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse entering the world to wreak havoc...

If I have the barbarian racial trait, how strong do I usually have to be for barbarians to declare war on me?

Note: I'm actually pretty much at endgame as Clan, with only the end of tree techs not researched plus I have 1 quarter of the map. Barbarians have yet to become hostile so I'm wondering if a script here broke or not.

ugh, that's crazy, i have 5 civs touching my borders and one of them is 2851 (i'm at 3730).

Thanks though, is there a way for me to manually declare war on the barbs then? (I wanna get Brigit :( )

ugh, that's crazy, i have 5 civs touching my borders and one of them is 2851 (i'm at 3730).

Thanks though, is there a way for me to manually declare war on the barbs then? (I wanna get Brigit :( )

Yeah, move onto a barb unit and you'll get the wardec pop-up. Hope you left some goblin forts!

You still keep the -10% research penalty after losing the peace.

I've gotten this event several times:

"Scholars report XXX city lies ontop of an ancient patrican ruin. They want to dig up the ruin and research it."

"Yes, dig it up, persuit of knowledge is noble: -3 pop in city"
"No, leave it buried"

I've gotten this event around 5 times in various games, and the first option is ALWAYS grayed out. I can never dig up the ruins. There is no listed prerequisite for the first option, so anyone here know what it is?

Also, what are the results of the "better one man should die then five" events?

Why do Esus and Empyrian only have one Hero while the other religions have 2?

Why do Esus and Empyrian only have one Hero while the other religions have 2?

Presumably Empyrean has only one hero because of the compensating advantages. Their hero is almost certainly the most powerful; they have very powerful high priests; their rathas and radiant guards are terrific defensive units.

Esus is jsut plain weird. They may be best suited to having priests from other religions adopted earlier for healing, and then switching. Nox Noctis especially can be tremendously powerful. It spreads very fast with money instead of troops.

Of course, this doesn't mean that any individual or group of individuals think that these advantages are or are not worth the loss of a hero (which there is no assurance that you will get before some other civilization). I suspect that the designers felt the features were balanced in total. By the nature of these games, there will be opinions on both sides.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Esus is quite weak, since Nox Noctis can be build without you adopting Esus.

Sure, but Breunor cited Nox Noctis as a positive point in favour of adopting Esus.

Top Bottom