• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got it in the right folder and everything but it still doesn't work on either of my computers. (One uses 32 bit Vista, the other 64 bit Win7). I've checked everything a million times and I can't find any problems. It just doesn't appear in the list of mods.

Have you changed the mod folder's name? Is folder's name "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn"? It can't be anything else, not RoM, RAND or other, unless you know how to modify the cfg file in order to make it work with different folder names.
By the way, which version are you talking about? AND2 or ver 1.75C or anything else?

I haven't changed the folder's name. As far as I know, I'm using version 1.75.

EDIT: For some reason, although I didn't do anything, it now appears in the list of mods but when I select it, I end up back at the desktop and nothing happens.

It take 30 sec's of so for the mod to load have you allowed enough time.

I just tried the same thing, back to desktop, I thought it didn't work, but 30 sec's later it booted. I tried this with both svn version and 1.75

2 things to try,

1) Alter Civ4.ini file to set the rise of mankind mod to load by default, Mod = Rise of mankind, A New Dawn. Look for Mod = 0

2) Copy and paste your desktop launcher, add in mod= Rise of Mankind, A New Dawn To the executable part of the icon link (right click for properties)

Make sure your Mod= part is the EXACT folder name you have created to house the Mod in the mods folder.

I have one small question - why my cottages give only +1 food? In Civilopedia it still says that cottages give +1 food and +1 commerce without any other tech unlocking commerce bonus. Is it normal? And if so, then when do cottages gain this +1 commerce bonus? After city planning tech?

City planing tech alows them to grow in to hamlets(i think) those give more commerce.

Hello, firstly my apologies if this problem has been addressed earlier in the thread, if so I missed it.

When I try to run the mod, the game crashes during the "init xml" phase. I am running 64 bit Win 7 with 4gb ram. I have reinstalled three times now, to no success.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Many many thank yous!

Hello, firstly my apologies if this problem has been addressed earlier in the thread, if so I missed it.

When I try to run the mod, the game crashes during the "init xml" phase. I am running 64 bit Win 7 with 4gb ram. I have reinstalled three times now, to no success.

Many many thank yous!

Have you tried holding down the shift key to prevent loading the cache?

Many many thank yous!

Are you logged on to your computer as Administrator? Do you have any "error" msgs while trying to load?

More detail please. :)

JosEPh

Are you logged on to your computer as Administrator? Do you have any "error" msgs while trying to load?

More detail please. :)

JosEPh

So I opened BtS by running it as an administrator, and it worked! Many thanks, kind sir. My only misfortune is that I have a lot to do today and will have to wait to try it out...

Vista, Win 7 all have this security thing and you have to be logged in as Admin to play BtS and it's mods. XP wasn't so picky. Probably explains why I'm still running XP Pro 64 bit instead of Win 7. ;)

And you're quite welcome. :)

JosEPh

Folks what is best version of AND to use right now? Is it MEGA Civ pack compatible and modmods compatible?

There's plenty of discussions about this subject, so please search the forum because there's not a "correct" answer. 1.75C was the last stable version by Afforess, AND2 has been resurrected lately but it's a beta. IMHO the best version is the SVN version we're working on; if you don't know what SVN is, this is probably the best version you can find around (basically it's AND2 beta +coinage civic fix).
http://www.4shared.com/rar/Z9lEcxNy/Rise_of_Mankind_-_A_New_Dawnpa.html
http://www.4shared.com/rar/-usUIiRW/Rise_of_Mankind_-_A_New_Dawnpa.html
http://www.4shared.com/rar/h3ThpMXl/Rise_of_Mankind_-_A_New_Dawnpa.html
http://www.4shared.com/rar/TPWDbsxi/Rise_of_Mankind_-_A_New_Dawnpa.html
http://www.4shared.com/rar/VYOG5rvg/Rise_of_Mankind_-_A_New_Dawnpa.html

You have to download all 5 parts, unrar and extract in your bts mod folder.

Edit: Megacivpack hasn't been tested yet with AND2

Ok, I dont know whether The White Wizard (I forget his/her? username) can see this or not,
but Im going to post this anyway.
Im basically trying to get the full AND+patch thing set up, well I need to have ROM v2.92 installed, I cant seem to find ROM v2.92 anywhere. So I need a valid link to it, so I can do it, then get AND.
I dont know if this matters or not, but I have already installed the latest version of AND, and it works. I have tried to install the patch, and It has had no effect. But I have never even attempted to instal ROM v. anything, because I havent been able to find it.
Can I still get everything to work in the end? Or am I screwed because I didnt do it in the
ROM v.2.92==>AND v.(whatev is latest)==>AND patch?
Please respond, anyone, if you see this.

Ok, I dont know whether The White Wizard (I forget his/her? username) can see this or not,
but Im going to post this anyway.
Im basically trying to get the full AND+patch thing set up, well I need to have ROM v2.92 installed, I cant seem to find ROM v2.92 anywhere. So I need a valid link to it, so I can do it, then get AND.
I dont know if this matters or not, but I have already installed the latest version of AND, and it works. I have tried to install the patch, and It has had no effect. But I have never even attempted to instal ROM v. anything, because I havent been able to find it.
Can I still get everything to work in the end? Or am I screwed because I didnt do it in the
ROM v.2.92==>AND v.(whatev is latest)==>AND patch?
Please respond, anyone, if you see this.

You don't need RoM. It's already included in AND (every version). There are different versions of AND; AND 1.75C was the last official version; AND2 it's a beta and was abandoned by Afforess (that's his name) and was picked up by jtanner28 and me and we're working to release a new beta and then a new stable version.

45°38'N-13°47'E;11835623 said:
You don't need RoM. It's already included in AND (every version). There are different versions of AND; AND 1.75C was the last official version; AND2 it's a beta and was abandoned by Afforess (that's his name) and was picked up by jtanner28 and me and we're working to release a new beta and then a new stable version.

I thought I saw Afforess post earlier saying you needed RoM.
Well anyway, Im just trying to get the full AND experiance set up, and Im having difficulty with it.
Can I haz le help?

Can someone help please?

Download A New Dawn 1.75 800+ mb file, click on it, select RUN and immediately got this Application Error:
The procedure * could not be located in DLL WSOCK32.DLL.

Tried downloading twice, using XP.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom