Full Patch Notes for December Patch

What exactly is so wonderful about Lake Titicaca anyway? Certainly not the name.

The highest commercially navigable lake in the world if that counts for anything. It's 3,000 miles above sea level.

EDIT: I'm slow.

The highest commercially navigable lake in the world if that counts for anything. It's 3,000 miles above sea level.

Holy crap!! :eek2:

Hmm so if I understand this correctly after thinking about it, won't this seriously limit the AI having crazy happiness bonuses? I can only assume they get those by building happiness buildings in every city with high priority. Now that the only thing that can provide excess happiness is policies/wonders/luxuries, it should reduce how much they can be ahead.

Actually they get a percentage reduction on their unhappiness, that's how they get insane happiness (at deity, they get only 60% unhappiness from any source). Additionally, golden ages wil be more frequent, which is all the A.I. does with all that excess happiness, so the A.I. will be more difficult.

It's a little over two miles above sea level. The "m" in wikipedia is meters.

I plan to grab all Maritimes on a map by Ren, even on a large map. Once the Ren bonuses hit, no city needs farms or any other crappy food tiles. Heck, I usually try to grab 3 Maritimes by Medieval.

I'm a little fuzzy on the farm issue since I play with mods that buff food production, but... how many farms do you find yourself building before quitting with the Renaissance? And how do you have the gold to pay for three maritimes by the Medieval era on Immortal?

It's a little over two miles above sea level. The "m" in wikipedia is meters.

Yeah, I'm a little slow tonight. I like my version better, though :p

Originally Posted by incool
What is a GS? And what does it mean to "factor it into flavors"?

Great Scientists. As long they're in they still can hurry key_Techs completion by a sizeable chunk.

I think GS meant "Grand Strategy", not Great Scientist, because the section it was in talked about Grand Stategies factoring in the flavor of the AI's behavioral template....

What exactly is so wonderful about Lake Titicaca anyway? Certainly not the name.

Are you trying to imply that millions of people worldwide have not been made to feel thoroughly happy and content with their lives simply because their civilization/country knows about the existence of a mighty river that sits a little bit above sea level? :crazyeye::D

Really, where?

I don't remember. The Civ V Civilopedia isn't exactly a miracle of well organized information. I'll try to check where I saw it.

Found it. It's under Game Concepts/Terrain and Features/Natural Wonders. I must say I miss the manual for Civ II, which was exemplary in its clarity and had an excellent index. By the way, why isn't the Civilopedia in Civ V available straight from the menu? Why must one open up a game to read it? Sloppy work.

I also hope that when the Official Strategy Guide appears, it will be available in paper form. I'm not unhappy with Steam, but I don't want to go there for everything. You can't put bookmarks in it, for one thing.

Öjevind Lång;10008015 said:
I don't remember. The Civ V Civilopedia isn't exactly a miracle of well organized information. I'll try to check where I saw it.

Found it. It's under Game Concepts/Terrain and Features/Natural Wonders. I must say I miss the manual for Civ II, which was exmplary in its clarity and had an excellent index. By the way, why isn't the Civilopedia in Civ V available straight from the menu? Why must one open up a game to read it? Sloppy work.

I also hope that when the Official Stragety Guide appears, it will be available in paper. I'm not unhappy with Steam, but I dn'ät want to go there for everything. You can't put bookmarks in it, for one thing.

For what it's worth, the pedia isn't available from within the menu as certain effects require an active 'Player' class, which cannot exist outside of a game.

There is, however, this link. http://civilopedia5.com/

new natural wonders, pick 3:
Everest Mount
Victoria Falls
Horn Cape or Cape of Good Hope
Titicaca Lake
Ilulissat Icefjord

I've gotta think more about this line. See, Maritimes mainly benefit people who went ICS, so I have to think they are less important now in a catch-22 kind of way. If anything I think Siam's ability will be used more for cultural cities states, and we'll see 1 city empires with them more frequently.

Firstly, what you don't appreciate is that Siam's Maritime allies are now worth 100% more food than those of other civs, if rounding works like before. They get +2 instead of +1. Saying they lose more food than others is not true because before, you'd be happy with getting 6 or 8 food: 3 maritime allies or 2 for Siam maybe while now you'll need 6 with a normal faction but still 3 with Siam

Secondly, the point I quoted is important. Without being able to stockpile SPs you want to wait until Renaissance, then get 3 or 4 cultural CS allies. Siam gets +50% culture from those.

Top Bottom