Future Mod

DeLuca:
Hi Tholish,

after a big break, I found your mod again and I am happy to sea, that you fixed the AI problems. Very good work.

A question. You told me, you are not interested to integrate a teraform unit. After all, that is a pity. But you integrated a kind of building to terraform the planet.

What is the best way to terraform the moon?

heat ->Pressurize -> flood -> drain

Doing that in every city and I can create a green paradise.

Could you create a guide for the best way to terraform the moon? Or some other planets? Maybe I am wrong?

Do you use Cool at all when terraforming?

I agree it would be nice if there was some kind of manual for the unique aspects of the mod.

I noticed things that I think should be fixed for the next version. The city walls that I built in the dark ages did not leave the city graphics in the modern age and continued to show on the cities edges in the future ages so I think the city wall graphic or all city walls should not be shown in the industrial age or modern age. The walls should not be seen once you get to the modern or industrial age, so the walls should be obsolete at some point. Another thing is the music, There is nothing but classical from the start all the way up to the Renaissance witch should only have the classical music for the Renaissance or industrial age, The music for the ancient, classical age and dark age is missing so the music should be fixed. I also think I remember when I built forts there is only one fort graphic and it is the future fort's so it should be fixed to where there is the regular forts or fort's for the other ages and the last thing is the envirodome and shielding for the future ages, the graphics for them should be constantly enlarged to soround a whole city when the city grows or should fit over the city once it is built.

installed version2b and when Ever I try to load the mod, it doesn't load And I get a error message of some sort telling me it it has to close. How do I get it to load properly?

Did you install the latest BtS patch 3.19 before?
If yes, how did you do it? Manually, or via the auto updater? Because the updater might fail and give you the message that you're up to date, without having installed the patch.

I installed it using the updater and it did update it 3.19. At first I installed the mod before I updated to 3.19 but then found that it didn't work so I deleted the mod and reinstalled it after updating to 3.19 and still got the same problem.

I'm sure it's 3.19. What do you mean by the "ingame" version info? I can't get in the game. If you mean what the message says, well it says this:

"beyond the sword has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

if you were in the middle of something, the information you wee working on might be lost

please tell microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to us.we will treat this report as confidential and anonymous"

I already sent an error report but that didn't do anything.

I'm sure it's 3.19. What do you mean by the "ingame" version info?

I mean if you fire up normal BtS (without mods), what does it say if you go in the main menu to "advanced" -> "about this build"?

it says:

civ version: 300

save version 300

build version: 3.00.86(24099)

buld date: sat Jan 23 07:49:44 2007

build: final release

-> that's not 3.19.

Mine reads:
PHP:
civ version: 319

save version 302

build version: 3.1.9.0(128100)

So the update via the auto updater did not work. Please try to update again manually, you can find the latest patch here.

In case you're on Windows Vista or 7 please make also sure that you have administrator rights, else you'll not be able to install the patch.

I installed 3.19 witch just uninstalled my entire bts game. I had to reinstall bts and then installed 3.19 again. Now I can't even get bts to run because I get xml errors stopping me from loading the game up. Now I have a new problem, what do I do? It's strange that when I used the auto install it said it was updating to 3.19 so I thought it was 3.19

I installed 3.19 witch just uninstalled my entire bts game.

Eh, what? Never heard of this happen.

I had to reinstall bts and then installed 3.19 again. Now I can't even get bts to run because I get xml errors stopping me from loading the game up.

Did you put anything in the custom assets (My Documents\My Games\BtS\Custom Assets)? Because stuff in there will not be uninstalled and the base game XML is not compatible with the latest patch.

Now I have a new problem, what do I do? It's strange that when I used the auto install it said it was updating to 3.19 so I thought it was 3.19

Like I already said, that thing is not reliable, might be blocked by the firewall, might not have enough rights to install the patch, etc., etc..

last night I tried to fix it myself, I should have never touched it. I uninstalled regular civ 4 and bts getting rid of everything that had to do with civ4. I installed everything again and when I tried to install 3.19 once more using the link you gave me so that I could install bts, I could not install bts after trying to install bts without patches first witch I received a failed installation message telling me it aborted installation. It just wouldn't install anything after installing the patch again and would stay in the install shield without installing the patch. What must I do now?

...er...so currently you only have Civ4 installed without BtS, right? And the installer doesn't allow you to install BtS, it is stuck, correct?

If so, then please use the free trial of the pro version of this program and use it to get rid of everything which has to do with BtS. Then install BtS, and try again the patch.

never mind, I got it to work on my own, thanks for trying though, wouldn't have probably never figured it out without your assistance.

Really uneake mod, I messed it up on my old computer (I though I could get away with deleting some parts of Afterword, I was wrong) and it took me ages to find it again in these forums. I'm realy pleased to find it again and not only that its much improved with balence and depth to be awsomely playable.
If you don't mind I may work on mod-mods of this for my favorate sci-fis in the future.
It would be awesome if the consept also works for civ5

Top Bottom