Game crashes at victory points screen

I've found the read only box in properties and mine is unchecked. still doesnt work though. anyone any other ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

Did you install Civ3 to the default location, and if so, do you have UAC enabled? That can potentially cause programs to not be able to write to their own files (in this case, the high scores file). I had the same issue back in 2007 when Vista was new, and solved it by finishing the game on my old Windows 98 desktop. But knowing more about how Vista (and later) works now, I think disabling UAC/installing to a different location would have also solved the problem.

Bumping to add what might be useful info. I had constant crashes when clicking the "X" out of the victory screens (when using mods). I was using Antel's p4 patch. So I ran the loaded game using the noraze_c_no_unit_limit patch, and then the victory screens worked fine. So some of the .exe patches being used seem to also effect if a crash happens or not. Antel's p4 patch also seems to cause crashes on the spaceship screen fairly often.

As long as you save the game, you can perhaps use another .exe file to bypass these crashes. This was on Windows 7 with latest version of non-Steam Conquests.

Top Bottom