Game Hangs @ NUKE Hit...

Slynky333

Warlord
Turn ~495 (Domination Victory Conditions):

Delcared war and launched nuke...beautiful golden color and game locks with twirling globe cursor.

Reloaded and even allowed the defender to play after war declaration and he launced a nuke (no golden glow, however) and same "twirling hang".

I assume it's a hang...I waited 5+ minutes on each of the tries assuming that was plenty of time. Task manager says it's NOT RESPONDING.

Win 7 - 64-bit. Screen resolution 2560 x 1440 (recomended Direct x 10/11 setting).

(1) Has this happened to anyone else (and)

(2) Any suggestions on how to get by this?

(thanks)

Could you please attach this save? Thanks!

Hopefully, it's attached.

This is the save directly before I declare war, I believe. Declare war and click next turn to watch Persia launch his nuke at my capital.

Attachments

• Domination.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 57
Did I post in the wrong area? I didn't want to post in the "bug" area because if it's just me, then it's more likely a problem with me and not exactly a bug.

No, i moved it to the bug area, because it might be that it's a problem for more people or somehow otherwise an important glitch.

And please post the rest of your system specs, processor, graphics card and ram, so that the devs can maybe reproduce it on a similar machine.

No, i moved it to the bug area, because it might be that it's a problem for more people or somehow otherwise an important glitch.

And please post the rest of your system specs, processor, graphics card and ram, so that the devs can maybe reproduce it on a similar machine.

Thanks for the reply.

My PC isn't any OEM machine--I built it myself. The specs are:

Win 7 Premium (64-bit OS)
Asus P7P55D-E LGA 1156 Intel P55 motherboard
Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
16 GB 1600 RAM
Diamond 5870PE51G Radeon HD 5870
27-in Dell monitor

"C" drive is SSD (probably plays no part in the problem but...)

In case the video battle annimation was causing the problem, I tried to turn it off, but apparently, it's set for each game only (and can't be controlled by any of the options settings).

Thanks again.

FWIW...

Played in a window-still hangs.

Played the turn in strategic view-still hangs.

Looking less and less like it's a video problem. :(

I have the same problem. My capital gets hit buy an AI "Atomic Bomb" (a plane flies over and drops it), and civ freezes with wait cursor spining.
I can't get past this point in the game. I'v tried witn DX10/11 and DX9, on windows 7 64 bit and XP 32 bit. I'd really like to finish this game.

I have a high spec pc
phenom X6 2.8Ghz
4GB mem
ATI graphics 5700

patch level 1.0.1.217

:cry:

I have the same problem. My capital gets hit buy an AI "Atomic Bomb" (a plane flies over and drops it), and civ freezes with wait cursor spining.
I can't get past this point in the game. I'v tried witn DX10/11 and DX9, on windows 7 64 bit and XP 32 bit. I'd really like to finish this game.

I have a high spec pc
phenom X6 2.8Ghz
4GB mem
ATI graphics 5700

patch level 1.0.1.217

:cry:

Sorry this happened to you (though I'm glad it's not just me now).

Just though I would add my own saved file of when this happens, it may help.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0353 AD-1933-y1.Civ5Save
    881.7 KB · Views: 67
Just though I would add my own saved file of when this happens, it may help.

Yeah, I don't know the procedures around here and I appreciate what the volunteers here do but IF this is a bug, then it completely stops a game from being continued (as opposed to other possible glitches that just change a value incorrectly, etc.).

Hoping something can be done... :(

Both of your saves work fine for me in both dx9 and dx11.

I remember reading something about recent ATI drivers fixing an issue with nuclear explosions, have you both updated your video drivers?

Failing that, try setting
; Force quick combat animations
QuickCombat = 0

to
QuickCombat = 1

in your config.ini in my documents/my games/civ5

I remember reading something about recent ATI drivers fixing an issue with nuclear explosions, have you both updated your video drivers?

QuickCombat = 0

to
QuickCombat = 1

Glad to see it's not a "real" bug. :)

And thanks for your efforts.

I'll probably try the setting change and see what happens. I seem to have bad luck with my ATI Radeon card. I updated it some time back and could NEVER see the intro video. Then a crash on my C drive caused a reload and I didn't update the ATI driver and WHOA...all the sudden, I could watch the video I had never seen before. Of course, now, I'm presented with other problems.

Mind you, I don't actually need to watch the video every time (LOL), I just assumed if the video could now play, the driver must be working as it should.

QuickCombat = 0

to
QuickCombat = 1

That seems to be ignored. I set the target to "1" and my game still had combat annimations active. And, of course, the game hung.

I left that setting to 1 and pretended to set up another game and in Advanced setup, where one might have expected THAT checkbox to already be set (as a function of reading the config file), it was NOT set for quick combat.

So, what is tampering with that setting supposed to do? It appears to do nothing... :(

Thanks...

[GAME]
QuickCombat = 0

Changing 0 to 1 has no effect.

-------------------------------

[DisableSystems]
; Set to 1 to disable Combat system
Combat = 0

Changing 0 to 1 will turn off the combat animations.

You can find this code too in the config.ini file.

I have the same issue - Game hangs immediately after using a nuclear missile (the video effects for the explosion display, the screen freezes and the music continues for about a minute - then the program blank screens).

I have tried changing the QuickCombat setting in the config.ini file, but this appears to have no effect. I have also checked to make sure that my gpu (ATI Radeon 5750) drivers are up to date.

This problem is fairly new, as I was able to successfully use nuclear missiles in a game I played a month or so ago (at least one patch has been applied since).

My System:

iMAC 27", i7 quad core running at 2.93 GHZ, 16GB, ATI Radeon 5750 gpu /w 1GB

I had forgotten that quick combat doesn't work, please try the disable combat system instead and see if that does it.
There are a ton of known civ5 fixes with ATI and intel drivers, it's really worth updated to make sure that isn't the issue.

Well, setting bot items to "1" certainly removed the annimation of combat. But the game still hangs. Color me dumb but I don't see the logic in a video graphics card driver causing the game to fail when it's not any longer involved in the combat (i.e., showing it). At this point, it would seem to be straight behind-the-scenes calculations that would have nothing to do with the annimation.

What I don't know is if the video card is supposed to display that "golden hue" after the combat and THAT is the cause of the hang--the inability to show the pulsing glowing orange glow.

All of us involved, at this point, are using ATI graphics (which points to an ATI driver problem) yet at least two of us (and I'm assuming the third as well) could see nuclear combat successfully before the march patch...so that would suggest something was done wrong on the batch...

:walksoffscratchinghead:

Top Bottom