Votes: 14 23.0%
  • 7-12

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 13-

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
That's... Half a year. The game has barely been out for 2 years. So he has to spend 25% of all his time playing video games, at minimum.

Wow... I thought I was bad enough, my highest was about 65-70 hours in two weeks for steam, but that was an anamoly, usually when I'm bad I get 50 hours in two weeks max... But now as said earlier I only get about 20-25 per two weeks.

Well, for the first year I had an under spec computer where it took 5 minutes between turns, so most of that time was spent waiting for the computer, not actually playing the game.

Please don't pick on him for his gaming time guys.

Er, I don't know why I keep going off on moral crusader tangents. Just ignore me guys. :)

Thanks, man. How can we ignore you with near 40 post a day? :mischief:

Well, for the first year I had an under spec computer where it took 5 minutes between turns, so most of that time was spent waiting for the computer, not actually playing the game.

I figured that, or you left the game running overnight and it added to your time.

I figured that, or you left the game running overnight and it added to your time.

Or I started posting here, and forgot it was still going in the background. It was on a laptop and was usaully asleep when not in use.

I did that a lot with Civ4.

Start up a game in the morning, have it run all day while I alt-tabbed and did other stuff, and finally exit at night.

Ah

the good old days

Fair enough, I know what's it like to have a low-end computer. Actually although I technically upgraded my comptuer's GPU, it's a low-end GPU too that can only run Skyrim at medium quality more or less (apparently *some* PC gamers think that is horrendous and atrocious and people like me terrible people), but it's still way better than when I had Oblivion lagging at random spots (and this is in 2012, with a 5-6 year old game, mind you).

Not sure if it's your cup of tea Borachio, but look into Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon or Europa Universalis from Paradox.

edit: argh replied to the last post of page 1, and it's page 4 already. I need to be caffeinated.

I go on binges. I might not game for weeks, but then I get hooked in an for a week or so, i'll spend any spare moment. So some weeks nothing, others 40+

Not sure if it's your cup of tea Borachio, but look into Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon or Europa Universalis from Paradox.

don't listen to him, he's evil and wants you to lose every free minute of your life to the horrible time-leech that are paradox games ;)

those were the last games I played regularly..nowadays, I just play every now and then...maybe 2-3h per week.

One reason I never signed up to steam was because it told you how long you had been playing- a handy addition to help you quantify your guilt and accurately calculate the opportunity cost of time playing.

They had something like that on the final fantasy series (20 hours chocobo racing in ff7 at least) but the time investment of that would pale into insignificance compared with an RTS like Civ

don't listen to him, he's evil and wants you to lose every free minute of your life to the horrible time-leech that are paradox games ;)

those were the last games I played regularly..nowadays, I just play every now and then...maybe 2-3h per week.
Yeah, it's been a while since I started playing at 9PM, only to find out 2 hours later it was 3AM. Those games have some sort of interference in the space-time continuum.

EU4 is on the horizon :banana:

I've recently bought Skyrim, Fifa 13 and Football Manager 2013, so between them they occupy at least an hour and a half a day on weekdays and 2-3+ on weekends.

There are some easy strategy games and there are some complex ones. The difficulty layer to civ makes so that it can be a bit of both. If you just want an easy game you can play on Prince or Noble for fun.

Naaa, too complicated. If I have to think about more than 2 aspects at the same time, then it's too complicated.
Some strategy games are fine, like King's Bounty, where I for most times only have to think about which unit to move, or which spell to use, but else...
Play more RPGs. These are fine.

Wow... I thought I was bad enough, my highest was about 65-70 hours in two weeks for steam, but that was an anamoly, usually when I'm bad I get 50 hours in two weeks max

Sounds like normal holidays :mischief:...

Sounds like normal holidays :mischief:...

Hmm, that reminds me... My absolute worst of all time was when I found Oblivion literally the day after Christmas last year. I'd never really seriously played a roleplaying game before, and I remember literally the moment when I stepped into Anvil, with all the citizens going about their lives and acting like normal people (well, sort of - and still in a way better than Skyrim in my opinion, despite its roboticness) and the sun setting so beautifully (even though this was on my old integrated GPU - man, it still looked great to a pleb like me!)...

Pretty much for the rest of holiday break I averaged 8-10 hours a day on Oblivion, and somehow I managed about 200-300 hours of Oblivion in 3 weeks.

Yup.

Of course after break my hours went down a little bit... a little.

But that was probably my absolute worst of all time.

I recall an old roommate of mine who started playing a game (Master of Orion, if I recall correctly) starting in the late morning, lost track of time, and then looked out the window and realized the sun was already down.

Good times. :)

The absolute worst gaming related thing that ever happened to me was when I had a big group project to do and half of the group came down with CoD Flu and dropped off the face of the Earth at a crucial time.

Achmad and I had to finish the whole damn thing on our own.

I think I logged ~1000 hours on Battlefield:Vietnam one summer.

Nowadays it's much less, I'd say 3-7 hours/week on average.

I recall an old roommate of mine who started playing a game (Master of Orion, if I recall correctly) starting in the late morning, lost track of time, and then looked out the window and realized the sun was already down.

Good times. :)

I had a whole weekend like that playing Dune 2. Started on friday. A couple of hours before going to the bar I thought. Mates came over also thinking we were going to the bar. We all called in sick on monday since we were still playing.

Top Bottom