Ghandi on Prince, with Temple of Artemis, Hanging Gardens

Sid Simelia

Warlord
So I am a very experienced player but I'm new to the forums, I thought this map was pretty interesting, so I included a save.
I haven't explored much yet, I just have the Incans to my immediate west and they have tried to DOW me once, to no avail. These mountains populated in the perfect place to defend my side of the continent.
Spoiler :

So with my good defensive position my army is basically an afterthought and I'm just spamming wonders in Delhi like crazy. I got HG and TOA early and the growth has just been insane.
I'll be going for a diplomatic victory here, but I'm set up to dominate with any condition IMO..
This is also one of the best chances I've gotten to use a culture bomb tactically, and I think I'll use another to take those gems.
So I'm about to rush buy a couple of Caravels and start exploring the rest of the map, but I just liked this start and thought I'd share. The terrain will make this game incredibly easy.

Attachments

• 2013-02-28_00001.jpg
    2013-02-28_00001.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Gandhi_0186 AD-1260.Civ5Save
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 61
That's an awful lot of cotton. Hopefully you'll meet some other civs to trade with them.

What type of map is it?

In most maps, you can still meet a few other civs with just triremes or embarked units. I'm surprised you haven't tried to explore more of the map.

Interesting map but as a very experienced player, shouldn't it be at a higher than prince?

I should probably play on immortal yeah, but I like to build wonders and dominate so I'm trying to move up slow and get the most out of it - I'm not bored yet.

This is a continents map, with 8 total civs. I was focusing on building a lot of food early and got embroiled in a short war with the Incans, I forgot to explore much I'm bad about that.

There is a maritime civ to the NE on the island I just found, wish I would have found it earlier. Also Ramkhamhaeng found me a couple turns later, asked for a DOF and ended up getting my cotton for free.

So uh, what VC are you aiming for? From the screenshot, I can't see any focus towards any particular condition. Science is too low for a SV. Culture is too low for a CV. Lack of exploration and huge GPT probably rules out diplomatic as well. And since you haven't gotten off the island yet, you're not going for domination either. Of course, it would be easy to go for any vC now since it's Prince and you have plenty of time to get rolling.

Still going to go for diplomatic like I said in OP, my universities haven't finished yet in the screen but I am going for population and research first, but also trying to get a lot of social policies since I don't plan on expanding past my original four cities.
I am mixing research focus with piety which is admittedly pretty unfocused, but I've done more conventional wide diplomatic victories with other civs..
So basically I'm trying to get techs as fast as I can without opening rationalism, I completed tradition and piety and looking to get patronage and freedom filled out before I build the UN.

Top Bottom