Giraffe Archer

pygmy giraffes! nice! :)

Does anyone have a working version of this? It doesn't seem to work (and by that I mean the zulu version, also the Arab version isn't skinned right anyway) :(

Does anyone have a working version of this? It doesn't seem to work (and by that I mean the zulu version, also the Arab version isn't skinned right anyway) :(

What about it isn't working? It was working when I posted it.

I didn't actually try it in game, but I know enough about NifSkope to tell if something is awry, and it looks like it to me. I suppose I could be wrong though. Firstly the Zulu Giraffe Archer doesn't seem to actually have a Giraffe, in fact the file didn't even contain a nif file, I had to rename it myself so I'm not sure if that had an effect or not. Secondly with the Arab one the texture looks really screwy. I have attached some images for you to check out. Like I said, I could be wrong about this, but it just doesn't seem correct to me. Hopefully you can help me out or point me in the right direction because I'd actually like to use this unit, despite the ridiculousness of riding around on a Giraffe it looks pretty cool.

If you are looking at it in nifscope it will certainly look funny. The modifications were made in nifviewer and are not nifscope friendly. It does work fine in game, as the screen-shots on the first post clearly show. Add it to a mod and post a screenshot and code if it isn't working in the game.

So the Zulu one will work fine then? I assume I link it to the CamelArcher anims. I am going to do an entire Zulu flavored set so it will take me a while, I am a bit worried though that the giraffe won't show up, are you sure it will?

Units made in NifViewer tend to look strange in NifSkope. I personally make ALL my units in NifSkope, but I usually check them in NifViewer. NifViewer will almost always show you the units as they appear in game (but not animated). So if a unit crashes NifViewer, it will likely crash Civ4. This also lets you see where stuff will be on the unit, for example when you change their heads, it will show their positions in NifViewer.

So the Zulu one will work fine then? I assume I link it to the CamelArcher anims. I am going to do an entire Zulu flavored set so it will take me a while, I am a bit worried though that the giraffe won't show up, are you sure it will?

Yes, use the Camel Archer animations. It works correctly for me, so it should for you too.

Yes, use the Camel Archer animations. It works correctly for me, so it should for you too.

Used it for a while in a Warlord Mod I made. Works really fine.

As I just got BTS, I put it in a mod I'm working on and it's working still really fine :)

I added it as an african unit and use the no-rider version to use with an african scout and an african explorer : Working fine as well :)

That's for sure one of my favourite unit : original, beautiful in game !

:cool:

Very cool. Also not historically implausible if one consider that humanity could have domesticated different animals during it's early ages, and in the long run that would mean that those animals would go through genetic behavioral changes, caused by selective breeding (which is what happened to most animals that are seen as domesticable today).

I always thought it would be awesome to have Zulu knights mounted on rhinos.

Your giraffe AlazkanAssassin inspired me. I made a jaguar as a company animal to my Meso settler, scout and explorer.

So thank you again :)

There also Zulu Zebra Cavalry if you don't have that yet.

Yes! I have that in my mod too -- most excellent. I have also found a knight riding a rhino and a buffalo; most excellent!

A giant turtle with rider, too, I have added.

I found some orcs riding wolves and pigs, and I am trying to fit them in as well.

Always looking for something just as odd -- panda riders? dolphin knights? Ape pulled chariots?

I just wish I was better at modeling.

Thanks for the tips.

Yes! I have that in my mod too -- most excellent. I have also found a knight riding a rhino and a buffalo; most excellent!

A giant turtle with rider, too, I have added.

I found some orcs riding wolves and pigs, and I am trying to fit them in as well.

Always looking for something just as odd -- panda riders? dolphin knights? Ape pulled chariots?

I just wish I was better at modeling.

Thanks for the tips.

There is a tricetarops rider in Fall Further (Fall from Heaven 2 modmod), if you want prehistoric animals as well.

I have also found a knight riding a rhino and a buffalo; most excellent!
Where can they be downloaded? I'll prob find them along the way but... cool ;)

Top Bottom