Goldfool's Graphics

I really like the watermill.

Glad to see you back, Goldfool. Your graphics have been getting a lot of use.

Since you asked, I figured I'd post a request if you're interested. I was looking for an East-West Berlin two tile city. Basically, one would be a city graphic, and the other a landmark terrain or something to that effect, but they would link together when placed on the map. Nothing fancy, maybe have West Berlin walled and the Brandenburg gate in the center.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work.

Glad to see you back, Goldfool. Your graphics have been getting a lot of use.

Since you asked, I figured I'd post a request if you're interested. I was looking for an East-West Berlin two tile city. Basically, one would be a city graphic, and the other a landmark terrain or something to that effect, but they would link together when placed on the map. Nothing fancy, maybe have West Berlin walled and the Brandenburg gate in the center.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work.

Thanks

Your idea sounds interesting, I'm just not sure I could come up with all the buildings required. I will look into it a bit more, as I have limited knowledge about Berlin's buildings.

This sounds like something Kyriakos would be better suited for.

It could probably be done with one graphic as the city tile can cover more than one tile, or do you need it to be in 2 pieces?

I'm not too sure what the limitations of city graphics are, if by extending them into other squares will be any kind of problem. One way I was going to do it was to use your Cold War cities, and just have one walled and one regular next to each other. On the map they are West Berlin NW, East Berlin SE.

In the game I'm making, I have room for a number of 20th century capitals. There's a place for Rome, Moscow, Washington, London, Paris, and Berlin. So if any of those appeal to you, they could be done as alternatives. I was thinkng that they could have standard modern graphics with some obvious landmarks to identify them.

I'm a big fan of resource graphics on preplaced maps, so I'm using things like the fishing boat, oil platform, docks, etc, as well as some of Pounder's stuff. So if you end up doing anything like little modern Euro towns or really anything from the modern era, it would be cool. Thanks!

I'm not too sure what the limitations of city graphics are, if by extending them into other squares will be any kind of problem. One way I was going to do it was to use your Cold War cities, and just have one walled and one regular next to each other. On the map they are West Berlin NW, East Berlin SE.

In the game I'm making, I have room for a number of 20th century capitals. There's a place for Rome, Moscow, Washington, London, Paris, and Berlin. So if any of those appeal to you, they could be done as alternatives. I was thinkng that they could have standard modern graphics with some obvious landmarks to identify them.

I'm a big fan of resource graphics on preplaced maps, so I'm using things like the fishing boat, oil platform, docks, etc, as well as some of Pounder's stuff. So if you end up doing anything like little modern Euro towns or really anything from the modern era, it would be cool. Thanks!

Do you mean something like this.

The B Gate needs work, but I think this is what you are asking for.

Edit: Actually I see that CivArmy s. 1994 is making a B Gate, so I borrowed it for a test and it looks much better. I won't post a preview because that wouldn't be right, he hasn't officially posted it yet. I will ask his permission when he's done.

Attachments

• BRAND1.png
    BRAND1.png
    498.1 KB · Views: 212
Yeah, that's good. West Berlin should be a walled city though.

I attached a Brandenburg Gate bmp that could work. The model is courtesy of Wyrmshadow, which he posted with his buildings pack. It could be easily resized and edited to fit. We'd need his permission as well, of course. Thanks!

Yeah, that's good. West Berlin should be a walled city though.

I attached a Brandenburg Gate bmp that could work. The model is courtesy of Wyrmshadow, which he posted with his buildings pack. It could be easily resized and edited to fit. We'd need his permission as well, of course. Thanks!

I used Civarmy's gate and Wyrm's chariot (will have to ask if it is ok), the angle of Wyrm's gate was not in line with the rest of the buildings.

Is the concept right now.

Attachments

• BRANDENBURG1.png
    BRANDENBURG1.png
    368.7 KB · Views: 226
Veddy Nice. I attached another shot of the Gate with an angle better suited to your city graphics. It's larger so it can be resized as needed. You can try this if you like, but either way the graphic is coming along great. Just what I'm looking for...much appreciated!

Veddy Nice. I attached another shot of the Gate with an angle better suited to your city graphics. It's larger so it can be resized as needed. You can try this if you like, but either way the graphic is coming along great. Just what I'm looking for...much appreciated!

AnthonyBoscia

I haven't forgotten about you, I've been working on the cities.

I made a new city template that is 84% larger than Firaxis's, so the city can be positioned to cover up to three and half tiles without being covered by overlays like irrigation and pollution.

I made three sizes incorporating your suggested B Gates, but did not make a walled version.

Hopefully I will be able to post shortly. I have made an in-game preview, but I should probably not post it prematurely.

Edit: If you do want a walled town, I could add some barbed wire and hedgehogs to the Eastern part of the city, since the West side is all ready walled.

Ja, das ist sehr gut. They're big too...I'm not sure how you increased the template for the cities but they came out nice. I think they look fine without the concertina wire. And thanks to Wyrmshadow for the use of his graphics, too.

Ja, das ist sehr gut. They're big too...I'm not sure how you increased the template for the cities but they came out nice. I think they look fine without the concertina wire. And thanks to Wyrmshadow for the use of his graphics, too.

Thanks, I've posted them in the index on the opening post.

Download is on Post #207 (page 11 on my screen).

The forum nearly collapsed today. which attachments aren't working? :)

Top Bottom