Goldfool's Graphics

Walls Using Terrain Buildings File

Two versions, first is V shaped, may look better standalone than the second version:

Second version, I had the idea to make the fortress go right and the barricade go left.

This way cleaner walls can be made. I know that fortresses and barricades have different attributes, but this does allow walls to be built and destroyed without them having to be a unit.

Download is on post #208

Barb Camp

Thanks everyone!

Continuing to work on the TerrainBuildings file, I made a new Barb Camp. I borrowed a bit from everywhere. Took a quite a bit to get it all to fit.

Made the camp larger with a main fortress and encampments are around the outside, added a flag with the white barb colours (asssuming you still use white for the barb colour).

Here's a preview, is it over the top.

I like it:), tell me what you think.

download on post #209

Attachments

• dec0311 barb camp.png
    dec0311 barb camp.png
    453.4 KB · Views: 1,682
so the only way to use these is to replace already existing resources? I did use the oil tower to replace the default oil well, as well as the mine to update the mine graphics. What I want to do is get an offshore platform to appear off shore ONCE computers tech is discovered. I added the image to the pcx file, and added a new resource in the CVC edit. However, does an added resource even get used in the game when the map is generated? Or will I have to replace something off shore with the off shore platform to get it to work? thanks

EDIT: what im saying is that all you have to do is edit it inside of the editor? No pediaicons and no civpedia file edits needed (just go get basic function)?

so the only way to use these is to replace already existing resources? I did use the oil tower to replace the default oil well, as well as the mine to update the mine graphics. What I want to do is get an offshore platform to appear off shore ONCE computers tech is discovered. I added the image to the pcx file, and added a new resource in the CVC edit. However, does an added resource even get used in the game when the map is generated? Or will I have to replace something off shore with the off shore platform to get it to work? thanks

It will get generated in the game. Did you assign the resource to a terrain type, I use that resource as well and I assigned it to sea.

Make sure you hold down the CTRL key when adding a resource to a terrain type or all other resources will be unassigned to that terrain type.

It will get generated in the game. Did you assign the resource to a terrain type, I use that resource as well and I assigned it to sea.

Make sure you hold down the CTRL key when adding a resource to a terrain type or all other resources will be unassigned to that terrain type.

k cool, I did that. Now I start a new scenario with the new resources and create a save. Now interesting thing is when I load it in the civmulti tool game edit and export the map to a scenario (I normally add more OIL as well as aluminum) it crashes. It's annoying how he game does spawn enough oil . Thats half the reason I want off shore platforms. I have to edit some of the unit stats for that to correctly function but that's easy part.

k cool, I did that. Now I start a new scenario with the new resources and create a save. Now interesting thing is when I load it in the civmulti tool game edit and export the map to a scenario (I normally add more OIL as well as aluminum) it crashes. It's annoying how he game does spawn enough oil . Thats half the reason I want off shore platforms. I have to edit some of the unit stats for that to correctly function but that's easy part.

So your saying it works now?

I only play random games, but I too like lots of energy resources, I have: oil, oil platforms, natural gas, oil storage, pumpjacks, distillates and gas storage.

I use 144 resources, but I don't have mines on plains, desert and grass (only hills, mountains and tundra have the actual mines), mind you I have about a half dozen different mines that appear on desert, grass and plains as resources.

yea usually i slightly edit my empires terrain so i have more than enough for myself, and enough to sell a bit.
I ran it in debug mode and it does work. Other than a trainer, there is no way to edit a map ingame? (I've been using the civmulti tool export.

i figured out a way, i did do that, as well as allowing oil on grass land, plains , jungle helps a lot

Colonies

Continuing to work on the terrain buildings file after posting above the barb camp and barricades, here are a couple colonies.

Both I lifted from tom2050:
1) The tents are unmodded just copied from his unit splash.
2) The other colony is one that I modded quite a bit, but all the elements are from his posting.

Here is a preiview:

Attachments

• colonies.png
    colonies.png
    407.3 KB · Views: 770
Top Bottom