GOTM 56 Spoiler 1 - entering middle ages.

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator

Spoiler 1 qualifications:

Reading Requirements:
  1. Entered the middle-ages.
  2. Full view of starting continent.
  3. Contact with all civs on starting continent.

Posting Restrictions:
  1. No pictures showing middle-age (or later) resources.
  2. No pictures showing anything not on the starting continent.
  3. No discussions of any events that happen off the starting continent (although you may discuss contact with civs not on the starting continent, provided you do not give details of their location, cities etc)

The spoiler is for discussion of the early game. The intent is for people to discuss their initial city locations, build queues, tile works, diplomacy and conflicts. Please restrict discussion to events that occur on the starting continent - if you have contact with other civilizations that start on other landmasses, you may mention these contacts, and any actions they have on your starting continent - please do not discuss events on their continent(s)!

Predator conquest challenge
I micro managed the start of this game very hard indeed. I think even Paperbeetle would be impressed by my attention to detail. Of course thats not to say that I didn't mess up quite a bit. I just thought a lot more about my mistakes before I made them. :p

As per usual my note taking was terrible but I'll reconstruct what I can from my saves and the viewer.

The plan
Being a small map with 7 rivals on Monarch I thought the best way to go would be an early rush with swords. I decided that it would also probably be best do the whole conquest on foot as I would be using min research in the AA to get cash to upgrade warriors to swords and would therefore not get to Knights in time to be competitive.

The chances are I would need the Great Lighthouse to get to the other continent. Therefore I should build this myself rather than relying one of my local civs. I wouldn't be getting to astronomy this game and didn't fancy ship chaining accross an ocean. Building the GL myself should also allow me to kick off my golden age as long as I can capture either the Oracle or Pyramids first.

The other key points of focus will be setting up the second core ASAP and getting to Monarchy. I would also need iron working early as if there is no local iron my whole plan becomes buggered.

Initial settlement
I settled one square NW to get the BG's in the first ring. Following McW's first law I immediately began work on a granary which would be followed by a settler. The numbers worked quite nicely so that the granary came through in 3000BC with 18 food in the box. The settler came through 5 turns later in 2750BC and I founded Bombay (two squares west by the cow) in 2670BC.

Development
After building some exploring warriors, a worker and a barracks. Delhi operated at size 1-2, building warriors and workers for 5SPT. With the aid of a chop, Bombay was was set up as a 6 turn combo factory which operated at size 3-5. The remaining towns (which were set up at RCP 3) built barracks, warriors and the odd worker. We also had to build a galley to get the two RCP 3 slots on the nearby Island. One of the coastal RCP3 towns began work on a Palace as a pre-build for the Great Lighthouse.

Research
I took my usual research path. After doing pottery on full I did Maths and Currency on Min. I managed to trade for a reasonable number of AA techs. I was also able to use my strong army to get a couple by renegotiating peace deals with the AI.

The first war
The Aztecs founded their first town at RCP 5.5 from Delhi. This should have been enough to earn them the first dow. However, they bought themselves 20 more turns by donating all their gold and Poly.

The honour of being the first opponent therefore went to Japan (in 1250BC). I used my newly upgraded swords to take Koyoto and raise another town. I was given Satsuma in peace.

The decision
The next opponents were to be Egypt. I was keen to get on with the job of killing them. However, from my embassies it seemed that Thebes was to build the Pyramids. Therefore I left my swords outside and did not press the attack. This turned out to be a waste of time as 4 turns before it was due to come in the Pyramids were built on the other continent. Meh.

The QSC
Now I foolishly forgot to take my save at 1000BC but I did get one at 950BC. At this time my highlights were;

10 towns (2 granaries, 6 barracks, 19 turns until Great Lighthouse)
29 pop
1 settler, 8 workers
3 warriors, 17 swords
1 galley

Techwise I missed construction, currency, code, lit, republic and monarchy.

Messing things up
As usual I then played without any focus for a while. I dowed the Aztecs in 775BC and ROP Raped Egypt in 690BC. I did some fake peace deals and mopped up the remaining towns over the next 300-400 years.

I did however make a few mistakes at this point. I did a pointless min research on republic when what I really needed was to get out of despotism to Monarchy not more swords from upgrading. I also didn't manage to kick off my golden age as there were no religious wonders on our continent and was too slow building my FP so didn't get my second core up early enough either.

I did get lucky and get a GL whilst in 490BC which I used to rush a Palace and avoided having to mess around doing a palace jump.

Overall
Despite a few bad decisions I was reasonably happy. The home continent was substantially conquered (other than a couple of Egyptian villages) by 290BC. At this time I had also found my way to the other continent(s) (I won't say how) and I had lots of Galleys ready to transport my large army. My second core was up and running and I had the Great Lighthouse.

Still in the Ancient Age but the rest goes beyond the scope of this spoiler :)

Attachments

• India - QSC (950BC).JPG
    India - QSC (950BC).JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 179
I did not really have a goal for this game except a little fast and furious war-mongering and thus my notes are sketchy at best.

Worker goes west and sees 2 more bgs. Thus Delhi is build NW of the starting position. I did not build granaries, but 3-4 warriors and then barracks and archers.

In 1700bc stupid me researches philosophy and only then realizes, that this is not Conquests. :blush:

In 1400bc, Great Leader Chandragupta hurries The Pyramids.:)

At 1000bc, I had founded 3 cities (including Delhi), reduced Japan to 1 remote town and captured Egypt's core.

Republic of India was established 775bc, Middle Ages started 510bc.

[civ3mac] [ptw] Open Class

...to discuss their initial city locations, build queues, tile works, diplomacy and conflicts...

I'll do my best.

Once I read that it would be a small map with a crowded landmass I opted for an early archer rush. I settled on the starting spot and set about establishing 2 more cities before attacking my nearest neighbor. My initial build-queue was warrior (to scout)-warrior-settler. I kept my first core of cities tight. My first tech researched was WC, followed by IW. I did pick up some early techs in trades.

I made contact with my landmass-mates in this order: Egypt, Japan, and Aztecs. After disovering that Egypt was covered in kudzu, I chose Japan as my first target - their land was much more productive.

I was able to dispatch Japan with little trouble. After initiating the offensive with a stack of 10 - 12 archers, I was able to divide that stack and add reinforcements while assimilating Japan.

I entered the MA in 190 BC, before the Egyptians and Aztecans.

Attachments

• india_lands_190bc.jpg
    india_lands_190bc.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 130
  • mm_190bc_india.jpg
    mm_190bc_india.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 106
I seem to have taken up the Predator Conquest Challenge without really intending to. :rolleyes: I had planned on a fast domination but it seems that the cards have ordained conquest instead. In either case, I have been at war almost from the beginning.

Like everyone else I came to the obvious conclusion that war will be of the essence right from the beginning because of the crowded map. I planned on a tight build, likely RCP3. I moved north-west and built Delhi. The worker moved on to work the BGs. Since we had plenty of shields but little food in the area, I started by researching The Wheel. Build order: warrior-warrior-warrior-settler-barracks.

In 3400BC, I met an Aztec settler who promptly planted a town in my first ring! A bit further to the west, I spotted red borders so I decide to wait until meeting this civ before trading. Two turns later, I met the Japs and Egyptians. I traded Alphabet to Toko for TW and WC. Alpha +TW to Cleo for Masonry and BW. Next turn, I stole a couple of her workers civ 4 style and I had my first war. I was never at peace again.

3000 Pottery -> HBR
2900 Horses found to the north and the south-west :)
Masonry & Pots to Japan for HBR; start Math
2850 Bombay founded to claim the cows -> Granary
2800 Buy worker from Aztecs for Masonry + HBR
2590 GH north of Azteca gives angry barbs.
2430 Delhi Barracks -> archer
2350 Buy worker from Aztecs
2270 Peace to Cleo. Worker for HBR + 35g
2070 Math. Trade to Toko for Writing. Writing to Cleo for IW. IW to Toko for a worker. Alpha to Monte for 26g.
2150 Bombay granary -> settler
1990 Snatch an Aztec settler
1790 Madras founded -> barracks
1675 Bangalore-> barracks; Calcutta -> barracks
1550 CoL
1525 Teohuatican destroyed; peace to Aztecs for Myst + 40g
1475 Lahore founded, bringing the horses on line.
1375 Grab a Jap settler; Karachi founded -> barracks; first horse trained
1300 Kyoto falls; peace to Japan for MM, TM and 66g.
1100 Declare on Egypt
1075 Very bad RNG at Heliopolis; three archers fall, promoting two spears flawlessly so I stop the attack. But Elephantine falls to two archers.
1050 Jaipur Founded.

QSC stats
12 cities Pop 21, 203g
Missing 3 required techs and all the optionals. Four turns from Republic
1 settler, 3 workers and 8 slaves
2 warriors, 3 archers, 4 horsemen and 1 galley

I stopped taking notes around this time but I switched to Republic as soon as I learned it and entered the Middle Ages sometime around 700 BC. The AI turned out to be useless as research partners so all further knowledge was gained through self-research.

At some point I got a leader and used it to rush the Great Lighthouse, hoping that would be good enough to reach the other continent. I forget whether this happened before or after I entered the ME but, in either case, the question of whether my hopes were realized is beyond the scope of this thread. :p

I am surprised that not many settled by the cow. It seemed like a classic trail of breadcrumbs... though I do not play much PTW, moving the settler along the river to get an RCP 3 ring with the capital at the center was key and revealed the cow :confused:.

Anyway, going from memory, research was straight to republic. Republic was established in 1075 BC. The Aztecs settled Teotihuacan right by the mountain to the NW, allowing my warrior contact with both Japan and Aztecs simultaneously. Traded around for the wheel, BW, and some change. Settled a quick ring and then the silks while preparing for war. I built horses, horses, and more horses. The AI was pretty pathetic (helped by a proxy war pairing the Aztecs vs. the Japanese), and all two opponents were OCCed by the MA (japan destroyed), which was self researched in the 500-600 BC range around the time with contact with the other continent.

No leader, so I had to self build the Great Lighthouse.

Class open
Game without the purpose
The basic preconditions
The map small also will suffice galley. A level low, the technology should study without the help of computers. From wonders Pyramids, Lighthouse, Hanging gardens, War Academy and JS Bach are important.
1 Step - a place for capital. On coast it is bad, there are no bonuses. I go inside of continent on the West. Two turns - already good place. River + ivory + forest - Delhi is settled.
3 step primary expansion. Turn of construction worker - warrior - settler - archer - warrior - settler - archer - settler - archer - archer. 3 cities settled - Bomdey - 2270, Madras - 1910, Bangalor - 1700.
4 archers hunt for barbarians and extract money for studying technologies. Japan settled capital in my territory. 1675 - Kioto it is captured and 1525 settled Calkutta close silks. A mistake in a choice of a place for Lahore - it is very close to Elephantine.
5 Up to 1000 BC technologies - Pottery - Writing - CoL - Philo - Republic (10 turns). The others are taken away or bought.
6 Development of cities. Temple - barraks - horsmens.
QSC status very low
cities - 7
citizen - 24
workers - 6 (3+3)
warrior - 4
archer - 4
horsman - 5
MA only in 310ВС...
Leaders only 2 pieces. The first - Pyramids in the capital, the second - FP in Heliopolis.
MA status
cities - 14
citizen - 68
workers - 15 (4+11)
warrior - 4
archer - 3
horsman - 14

Predator class, going for fast conquest.

Moved worker west, settled on the spot, maximum research towards monarchy, started building warrior for exploration. Worker mines straight away on the second turn to finish the warrior just before city expansion and growth. First road also laid.

Turn 12-20, met aztecs who laid a settler down around the nearby cow, I took a chance and destroyed them with a regular. Popped a hut, got a conscript. Met Japs, think I traded Alpha for BW and WC plus change. First settler goes out to the still steaming rubble that was Tlatoloco (or w/e), starts with warrior then settler. Met Cleo, traded I think for Masonry. No retaliation from Aztecs by this time so gave peace for 10 of their coins (all they had).

Turn 25ish-50, nearly finished settlers in each town, decide to abandon Delhi for palace relocation to Bombay. Madras is built over Dehli's ruins, Bangalore founded south of new capital and just beats Japan to the horses and iron. Can't remember who I traded IW and TW with, but I had diverted from the route to Monarchy by researching writing. Not gonna waste cash on embassies when I plan to get rid of these 3 pretty soon. Japans hogging all the wine, so almost all my forces go for Tokyo. With the palace behind the river, I was taking my chances. Think I lost 3 axes and a bow, only just managed to move in with an elite axe and a redlined bow sitting outside. No retaliation again (barbs were probably making a nuisance of themselves), gave peace for Kyoto and a slave. Japs are all stuck in Osaka now, they won't be bothering me anymore, time to start sapping Egypt before they go Golden and run too far ahead.

QSC 1000BC.
Barbs and REXing has spread my troops too thin to mount any decent assault on Alexandria, the nearest yellow. Can't see any War chariots yet however. Might have to stay on the defensive until Cleo feels like talking.
Stats are: 13 techs (need maths, phil, CoL, Con, Cur), 1 settler, 1 worker, 8 slaves, 8 axes, 2 bows, 3 horses, 1 boat, 10 cities (2 foreign), 13 pop, 571 gold +24pt.

Attachments

• qsc.JPG
    qsc.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 164
retro V said:
(How do I attach screeny?)
Link for posting multiple images within text. I hope it is of use.

On a different note I've finally got around to finishing a GOTM for the first time in ages. I'll post my contribution soon, unimpressive as it is.

PTW Predator going for 20K.

Well PaperBeetle has promised me a 20K Predator challenge, and after I gave him a good thrashing last time round he needs to raise his game.

I settle NW, this will be my 20K city. Build order is something like: warrior -> temple -> settler. But I can't remember much in detail except that I built the following cultural improvements:

Palace 3950 BC
Temple 3400 BC
Colossus 1675 BC
Great Library 670 BC
Library 530 BC
Colosseum 70 AD
Hanging Gardens 30 AD

Tech pace was swift, at least early on, because of all those civs crammed in to such little space. I had a bit of ancient age war with the Japanese using swords once I got the iron hooked up (plentiful iron supplies on your doorstep makes for a much more enjoyable game). It progressed nicely enough since the Japanese refused to connect up the iron that was sitting just outside of Tokyo. Managed to take the majority of their cities, and sued for peace getting contacts with the remaining off-continent civs, some gold and one town on the eastern landmass. I could have taken a few more cities but I had left my 20K city completely undefended when the Japanese landed an archer one tile away from it. So I took one more city and sued for peace. Fortunately enough the Japanese are an honourable bunch and once peace was declared the archer turned round and went home, rather than sneak attack like I would have done. Also got me a leader which I will probably use to rush theSistine Chapel when I have the tech.

Hmmm, that probably takes me up to the end of the Ancient Age.

[civ3mac][ptw] Open. Trying for a fast conquest to get my hand back in.

Given such a bloodthirsty objective, the Ancient Era turned out to be surprisingly peaceful ... except for a few barbs :rolleyes:.

I founded Delhi on the spot and built a couple of warrior to explore. Finding Egypt and Japan close by, and discovering a cow and a river at distance 4, I decided to focus on building an RCP 4 ring, hoping to complete it using the land I could see to the east. So I then built a settler, and founded Bombay between the cow and the ivory in 2850 BC.

I went for a max research run and self-researched Writing, Literature, CoL, Philosophy, Republic, Currency, Construction and Polytheism, trading for the rest of the Ancient era techs. The restless barbs helped to fund reerach, and also kept AI workers at home, so I was also able to buy a few slaves when trading for techs.

The first warrior wend west and met the Japanese in 3300 BC and traded Alphabet for Warrior Code and cash. The second warrior went north, found a wandering Japanese warrior and followed him west in case he had designs on our undefended capital. He found the Egyptian border in 2800 BC and traded Alphabet for Bronze and Pottery and cash. The first warrior found the Aztec border in 2590 BC and Writing was completed the same turn. The Aztecs had Mysticism, but I decided not to trade it for Writing. Although they seemed to be close neighbours, the Japanese and Aztecs needed an introduction, and we traded contact for The Wheel. A few turns later Japan learnt Mysticism and its price dropped sufficiently for them to trade us us Masonry and Mysticism, plus a slave, for Writing.

A period of building archers and losing them to the local barbs delayed development for a while, and Bombay didn't complete the next settler until 1830 BC.

The Wheel had disclosed a source of horses close to the Japanese border. That decided my second city location, and also nominated Japan as my probable first victim. Madras was founded in 1725 BC at distance 6, delaying development of my first ring. The RCP 4 ring was completed on the mainland with Bangalore (1350 BC) and Calcutta (1125 BC), both on the coast. And those five towns were the Indian empire at 1000 BC. I figured the AI would build most of my towns for me, and concentrated on infrastructure and horses.

Cleo researched Iron Working, and she and Monty also contributed Mathematics, Map Making and HBR. Those were the last techs contributed by the AI.

QSC stats at 1000 BC:

- 5 towns, 13 citizens, 2 barracks, 2 libraries. Building 3 barracks.

- 4 workers, 3 slaves, 4 warriors, 3 archers, 2 galleys. Building 2 settlers for the eastern island.

- All AA techs except Construction, Maths, Currency, Polytheism. Researching Republic (9 turns to go)

- Map of the home continent almost complete. 234 gold in the bank.

When Map Making came in I had built a couple of galleys and checked out the land to the east. As it turned out to be a useful island, complete with horses and iron, it seemed like a good idea to spam out some settlers from Bombay and Delhi and claim it for myself before the AI went for it, so Lahore and Karachi were built in 900 BC and 850 BC at radius 4, followed by Kolhapur at radius 6 in 750 BC.

Meanwhile, in 800 BC the worthy citizens finished the turn with a Despotic government, learnt about La Republique, and immediately revolted. In 410 BC we completed research on Polytheism and arrived in the Middle Ages.

At this point we had:

- 9 towns, 30 citizens, 4 barracks, 3 libraries, 1 granary.

- 8 workers, 3 slaves, 5 warriors, 3 archers, 4 horses, 2 galleys

- Complete home continent map and all AA techs except Monarchy. 158 gold in the bank.

- Horses, ivory and silks were hooked up.

Here's a picture of my cute little civilization at 390 BC as we enter the, perhaps less peaceful, Medieval Era.

Attachments

• GOTM56_Spoiler_1.jpg
    GOTM56_Spoiler_1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 119
[ptw] open. Goal eventually became 100K but I can't remember when I decided upon this. Opening turns were embarrasingly lacking in direction.

I didn't spot the breadcrumbs, Killer, and so I settled after one move. By 1300BC I had four towns and Egypt had just connected their horses. I hate fighting the Egyptians once they have those all-conquering War Chariots so my 'massive' SOD of 3 archers, a spear and a vet warrior attacked Heliopolis before they could get going.

I razed their horses town and placed an Indian town in that area, but despite reinforcements, my attack could not take Thebes. However I did have those horses and although I was by no means a great power, they were even more feeble than I!

The war continued beyond the QSC period but my 1000BC stats were:
6 cities-16 pop
3rax and 1 granary
450g + 20gpt
5 warriors, 6 archers and a spear
9 workers
Still need MM, HBR, Maths, Poly, Curr and Construction to get out of the AA.
Republic in 19 turns @ 10%.
Regrouping and attacking with force, my archers finally took the Egyptian capital in 875BC. I took maths, MM, their WM and their treasury in the subsequent PT.

In 570BC I entered Republic and continued with min research for currency. In 550BC I was poised to attack Japan and I demanded HBR in tribute. They gave it but I declared on them anyway.:D I had 13 vet warriors to upgrade once I could steal their iron and so I sent a small force of 2 spears and an elite archer with a settler whilst my other 3 archers and 4 horses defended the homeland. 2 turns in and I was set to build a new town in Japanese lands, steal their iron and upgrade those warriors.

Once I had their iron, Japan folded quickly. Their capital was defended by a reg warrior and a reg archer would you believe!!!

In 350BC I had some luck in getting a suicide galley to make contact with an overseas civ. My galleys sunk the next turn but I bought contacts, WMs and Polytheism in subsequent trades.

Once I had broken the Japanese I declared on the Aztecs at around 250BC. In 90AD I got my first GL, which I use for a sword army. Before I could even think about completing Herioc Epic though, I got a second GL in 150AD, which I used for the GLHouse.

In 230AD my 40 turn research on currency was completed and I entered the MA. As someone who tends to play more often for fast research, I found this very strange. Screenshot (minus the spoiler WM beyond the starting continent):

Now for Lit and to use that massive cash surplace for some serious research, heading towards Communism and pop-rushing culture.

Tone said:
Once I had their iron, Japan folded quickly. Their capital was defended by a reg warrior and a reg archer would you believe!!!
I noticed that Japan never built a spear in my game, just warriors and archers defending. And I didn't start on them until the Middle Ages! I wonder if they were modified in some way :hmm:

Now that you come to mention it, Alan, I don't remember seeing any either. I've just checked a few CivAssist achives and I could find no evidence of a single Japanese spear. Just warriors, archers and the odd sword.

AlanH said:
And I didn't start on them until the Middle Ages!
Yes, but remember that my AA dragged on forever with two 40-turn research projects.:blush: Your MA started in 410BC which was only 2 turns after I had taken Kyoto.

I also never saw a Japanese Spear. Infact, seeing that they had warriors as their best defenders I declared war on them and sent them away to a better place.

Move settler 1NW, founded Delhi 3950 BC.
Bombay built 2750 BC, 1 NW of the cow.
1700BC, Madras founded CxxC from Osaka. Madras is 1 SE of the horse. (Osaka 2 NE of Iron)
1400BC, Bangalore founded 1N of the Silks.
1050 BC, Osaka was razed, and I built Calcutta 2N of Dehli.
1025 BC, Madras' culture expands. I station a unit on the hill, giving a full view of the lack of adequet defence inside Kyoto. By now i also had taken the Kyoto Iron with Bombay's cultural Radius.
950 BC, Lahore founded on the ruins of Osaka.
710 BC, Kolhapur and Karachi built. Karachi is on the Eastern Island, Kolhapur is in the snow. 20 years later, Jaipur is built behind the 2 mountains.
510 BC, Hyderabad built, 2E 1NE of Delhi. Will become a high production city due to many BGs.
390 BC, Bengal found 4NE of Karachi. 1W, 1SW of Bengal is the Iron on the eastern island.
290 BC, Chittagong founded, 1W of the hill in the plains (on island). Also, the Indians declare war on Japan, since they still dont have a spear in Kyoto. :eek:
270 BC, Kyoto captured.
250 BC, Tokyo Razed. (it was 1S, 3SW of Kyoto) Edo founded 1E, 1NE of Tenochitlan. (love that "must found city" mindset) I signed peace with Japan shortly after that, since the 'Tecs would finish them off in the not too distant future.
150 BC, Punjab founded on the ruins of Tokyo.
50 BC, Dacca founded 1NW of the island cow. Unfortunately, Egypt has founded a city at the northern most tip.

Which left me at the start of the AD's with 15 cities, and 216 tiles.

And the war vs Egypt had just started too.
30 AD, Elephantine Razed.
90 AD, Thebes captured, but re-captured immediatly by the Egyptians.
110 AD, Thebes captured.
130 AD, Indus built on the ruins of Elephantine (3S of Thebes)
150 AD, Egyptian island city razed.
250 AD, Pune and Ganges settled.
Entered the MA about 400AD, in a republic, Research off (Egypt built the Great Lib for me).Stockpiling gold for an imminent upgrade of my Swords to MDIs, to kill Egypt.

Aiming for a domination win, all thanks to Japan's lack of spearmen.

EDIT: No need to worry about a fast domination win from me though, the AI were excrutiatingly slow to learn Chivalry, leaving me waiting for a long time to attack the Aztecs with War Elephants.

Predator PtW

Settled NW. Build warrior-granary. Science pottery.

Foreign Relations
3450 meet Japan
3400 meet Aztecs
3200 meet Egypt
2590 war with Egypt - I saw a juicy settler pair behind Thebes
2270 peace with Egypt w/o any further action
1650 Japan DoWs after I reject a demand
1500 peace with Japan after one captured city. Get a village in treaty
1325 Again war with Japan. Ally Aztecs and Egypt so they can help me defend my acquisitions.
1250 First (and only on home continent :() leader - builds pyramids in Kyoto
1200 Peace with Japan again. War with Aztec and Egypt, because the alliances were coupled with peace renegotiations. Japan plays OCC.
975 peace with Egypt
925 peace with Aztec
825 final war with Japan. Take their last city.
710 Contact with everybody else.

Science
3450 trade for the Wheel
3400 trade for the rest of pottery and for WC
3200 trade for BW and masonry
2850 trade for HBR
2350 writing researched; trade for IW
1790 trade for mysticism and philosophy
1700 CoL researched
1450 Mathematics researched
1325 trade for map making
1175 trade for literature
975 Republic researched - revolt IBT so republic immediately established
875 Polytheism researched
750 Currency researched
710 trade for construction -> Middle Ages

Cities
3950BC settled Delhi
2550BC settled (holy cow town) Bombay
1675BC captured Japanese Satsuma, settled Madras
1575BC settled Bangalore
1525BC got Tokyo in peace treaty
1450BC settled Calcutta
1425BC settled Lahore
1400BC give up Satsuma (tundra town not worth the low corruption rank)
1300BC captured Japanese Kyoto, settled Karachi
1225BC settled Kolhapur
1200BC got Edo in peace treaty
1100BC captured Aztec Teotihuacan
1000BC raze egypt Heliopolis

QSC:
12 cities, 31 pop
Pyramids, 4 temples, 3 barracks
3 workers, 9 slaves, 6 horses, 1 warrior, 1 archer, 1 galley

950 raze Aztec Tlaxcala
925 got Aztec Tlatelolco in peace treaty
875BC settled Jaipur
825BC captured Japanese Osaka
775BC settled Hyderabad
730BC settled Bengal and Chittagong

Well, I didn't start with a real goal in mind, but it looks like I'll join the conquest crowd.

ainwood said:
Not anything intentional!

Good to see you finding time to play, though! :D

Japan have been very odd lately. I noticed this in the France game as well where I found large stacks of catapults in nearly all their towns and almost no culture at all.

Not that I am complaining!

Top Bottom